Today is St. Jerome's Day!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Patron saint of translators. We translators have to advertise this ourselves, since no one else knows about it. Big hugs to me and my colleagues!

http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:International_Translation_Day

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy St. Jerome's day!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy St. Jerome's Day! Wow he translated the whole bible into Latin :O Are you having a celebratory feast picante?
It is also NV's State Bug Day today too. Happy State Bug Day NV!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Well, Dahlia, you know about us and cooking... we need someone to coach us on crab legs and such delicacies. Mostly I've been eating lots of dark chocolate.
I've had a bout of fatigue lately, but I should be able to do a bit of mucking about in the garden this weekend.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Picante, fatigue? Are you okay?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks for asking, Brenda. It's an ongoing effort to get my metabolism high enough, which means messing around with thyroid dosing and adrenal support and finding ways to detox fluoride and other metabolism-suppressing toxins.
Fall is a time when my already-low metabolism generally drops. I have thyroid hormone resistance and autoimmune thyroid disease (aka Hashimoto's). Docs are worse than useless, so I've enlisted other kinds of helpers.
That's it in a nutshell. I have multitudinous resources, and hope to make some progress here.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm glad you are being your own advocate, Picante, and I'm glad you have other kinds of helpers. Sending you healing and loving thoughts... ♥

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Belated congratulations on St. Jerome's day! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, Picante. I know that you have been very energetic in the past. Just hug Piper close and it will soon go away! .
Thought I would send you a picture of Kelsey to cheer you up. Here she is in her favorite pose -- half in and half out of the kitchen door, part of both the indoor and outdoor worlds. Trouble is, it is beginning to get cold outside and I can't leave the door open some days.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Hi, Kelsey! What do you say we all go howl at a few trains?
Julie Picante & Piper

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ooh, that sounds good! Let's all do it! The idea woke her up. She is ready to go into action!

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Kelsey sure has sprouted since her last posted pic!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

She is the same size as always but she feels lots more secure than she did when we first got her. My husband, who always grumbles when I get a new dog, is in love with her. He took these pictures.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O maybe she is just more relaxingly sprawled out then. She looks like she is bigger to me.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Such a beautiful, pointy-eared & pointy-nosed critter! Piper is intrigued by her posing on the table. Piper prefers to pose under the table.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Kelsey does look bigger, but I think it is just the angle of the photo. She has only gained one pound since we got her. On the other hand, though she is much more confidence than she had when we first got her -- hence resting on top of the table instead of under it -- also stealing a bowl of homemade chicken broth that I left unattended on the counter for just long enough to move the hose out front! It smelled so delicious, it seems. Even Raja knew this was not Kelsey's all time most favorite idea. After Kelsey's knocking the bowl off, breaking it and making a loud noise, I found Raja upstairs as far as possible from the scene of the crime while Kelsey cheerfully licked up chicken soup from the floor.
Guess I will have to work harder at protecting dinner from Kelsey in the future! She is no longer meek and cowering. So maybe she looks bigger!

This message was edited Oct 5, 2009 8:04 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

BAD DOG! Unacceptable behaviour! i just luv when pet run mildly amok. It means they are happy and luved and courageous enough to go for it. Only happy dogs can be mischievously naughty

This message was edited Oct 5, 2009 8:08 PM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yep, I think Kelsey is much happier than in the past, but she will probably need to be encouraged to be a little more circumspect -- and I will have to learn not to leave doggie yummies like chicken soup on the counter for even a little while in the future!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think that will come with training paj. The crazy ole cat, as a rescue, took a bit of time to learn. Now of course he knows exactly what buttons to push when he has issues though sigh.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, training is the order of the day around here. Both Raja and Kelsey are puppies, grown to their full grown size, but not their full grown intellectual ( harrumph) capabilities. Think of young teens.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Though our Chocolate lab is much better behaved now, she thought butter left to close to the edge of the counter, or pizza in the box within reach, were really fabulouso when she was younger...

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, I am so glad that that stage passed for your chocoloate lab. I am hoping the same will happen with Kelsey. Raja seems to know the counters are no-nos and she runs to the other end of the house when Kelsey starts pulling things off the counters, as if to say -- "It's not me! I didn't do it!" But Kelsey is an expert counter surfer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.