Share garden pix

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

I really enjoy seeing pictures of other DG'ers gardens. After seeing Palmbob's front yard, it made me think of asking to see photos of others' gardens as well. Please share if you can. I'll start off with an updated photo of my l year old C/S garden.

Thumbnail by zone10
Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

oh that's beautiful Zone10! Blasted Illinois I can't really have a c/s garden because i have only found 1 that would survive our winters and my grandpa called it a prickly pear

But here's part of my front garden cause it doesnt all fit in one picture

Thumbnail by trinawitch
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

That's a beautiful garden Trinawitch (just so happens I'm a coleus fan too!). As for not having a C/S garden photo to share, single or groupings of potted plants would be just as interesting. It's fascinating to see how gardeners, especially C/S enthusiasts, display and care for their plants in different regions. Thanks for sharing.

well in that case>>>hehehe

this was labeled as sweet potato vine "blackie" what do you think a mislabel?

Thumbnail by trinawitch
FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

First one is soooo beautiful.Nice arrangement of cacti and succulents.
Thanks for sharing.
Yasir

this is the other end See the big dinosaur

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and here's the middle...the big green leafy thing is my Moon Flower

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Love that "big dinosaur"! I enjoyed everyone's pictures and just keep posting them! Appreciate the sharing!
Larry

Lima, OH

The Dinosaur is WONDERFUL! Wherever did you find him?

Sharon

made him out of old garden tools with a welder...we dress him up sometimes...when it was really hot we had Big sunglasses on him and he was hlding a pepsi...but Halloween is coming so I will take pics of what I do to him

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Not a very good pic (it was getting late). This is a few of my C&S. I planted some in pots that I will pull up soon and take in for winter. Can't believe how much faster things grow in the ground.
Gary

Thumbnail by smashedcactus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for sharing Gary. I remember when you first started this garden. It's nice to see an update. Just love the whimsicle touches!

that is awesome...someday...sigh

Valley Village, CA

Okay I'll take a look and see what I have left. Norma

Thumbnail by Crasulady2
Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

shot of walkway to front door

Thumbnail by palmbob
Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

area of back yard this winter

Thumbnail by palmbob
Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

another view of back yard

Thumbnail by palmbob
Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

in case you thought we were normal, here's a shot of back yard with 4' tall Homer Simpson (he hides under grape vine)... got him at county fair few years ago

Thumbnail by palmbob
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Norma, that is a magazine-worthy shot. A beautiful planting.

Geoff, I can only hope my front yard looks like yours one day. What an amazing collection of mature plants. Your neighbors must be in awe? The Homer is a nice touch. C/S plants are so stately and symmetrical. They lend themselves well to a few touches of whimsy!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous photos everyone!!

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

I'm so jealous! Great pictures everyone

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry no cactus or succulents planted.

I just started noticing succulents last year really. Kind of late in life. So my yard is already an established water needy, foliage heavy, bloom maker. I have NO ROOM at all in my front for succulents.

If you can believe it, it is even more crammed this year. I have my pots now taking up my car space and part of my husbands. Though he will run over the plant if it is where his car goes. Taught me. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am heavy into roses. I have arbors all over.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am presently heavy into thinking about making combo succulent pots for next year. Have done a few this year, but need to take some pictures. If I can even get to them. LOL

I love combo pots. I have tons in the front where my driveway is but none of the succulent kind .........yet. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I could never take a photo of my backyard. In the center, it is literally now all shelving that is covered in succulents. I have hundreds. I have jumped in with 3 feet. It would be enough evidence of my sickness to have me committed.

It is so odd how the beauty of succulents just suddenly overwhelmed me.

My backyard used to be a similar oasis of jungle blooming plants as my front. Now it is a mess.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Beautiful gardens Kell. Please show us your shelves full of succulents. Ya know, there are gardens and there are collections. Luv em both!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Zone 10, I will need a drink or 2 for that.

I just happened to take this photo today of that same bird bath Molly Mouse loved to sit in. Now it holds a Selenicereus macdolnaldiae that is too long. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am also trying to think creatively of how to display my succulents that does not take up so much room. Here is a 5 potted tippy pot that I put together. You can only make out a couple of them because of the sun. Next year I may have hundred of them in the back. LOL Can you see that?

Thumbnail by Kell
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

This may be a silly question, but how do you set up a tippy pot arrangement?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

It is so easy! You can buy a metal thingamagig that has a metal pole twisted to form a round base that fits into the bottom of a 14 inch clay pot and then goes straight up 4 feet.

Or you can go buy rebar for cheap at HD in whatever length you want it and then hammer it into the ground far enough that your pots won't fall over. I found it was much better to have pots that had 2 holes on the bottom to get a good tip. Center holes were harder to maneuver the tip. I really liked being able to tip the bottom pot too with the rebar. With a premade one, the bottom pot is flat on the gerund and looks odd with the other tipped ones. You can search tippy pots on DG and find tons of ideas.

I also bought some weird shaped gaud red ceramic pots to make a real tall one, but it was too top heavy and it was located to the far side of my yard. Soon there became too many plants between it and me. I could only water it from afar by putting my finger over the nozzle to shoot the water 40 feet so the plants soon fried. Next year I will rework it better. I also had to attach a tie around the rebar midway up and then attach it to the arbor behind it to give it more stability for the pots I used were way too heavy.

Here is another one I did for petunias. Do not look at anything else, too messy. I wish I had taken a pic when the petunias had cascaded down the sides. It was really hot.

Thumbnail by Kell

Kell those are awesome...everything looks great, don't worry so much

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here are a few before and after pictures of the back yard.

Thumbnail by QCHammy

Before #2

Thumbnail by QCHammy

Before #3
My mother and I.

Thumbnail by QCHammy

After a couple years. #1

Thumbnail by QCHammy

very nice

After #2

Thumbnail by QCHammy
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

QC, nice garden! Love the water feature. The tall plants make your yard look so lush. What are your summertime temps? Do you get frost in Queen Creek?

Summertime temps? How does 110 for 30 days straight sound. That was last year and that is generally the exception not the rule. This year had about 117 one day but usually under 112. Night time temps often in the high 80's and even 90's sometimes. Is starting to cool off at night now so much easier on the plants. We definitely get frost a few nights every winter but rarely ever get a hard freeze. Had 16 degrees for several hours in Jan. '07 that did in a lot of plants and set many others back severely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.