Heidi Chronicles: More Life With Baby

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I wonder if Precious fell or something very young and injured that foot before much ambulating was taking place. Oh well, I surely pray it heals as well a Bast did.

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

You're right, Cheryl, intense pain makes everyone look/act like a very short bus candidate; and honestly, when it hurts like heck just to stand up, there's not much energy left for inspired thoughts or action.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

And yet another raccoon myth bites the dust. I cannot tell you how many times I've heard the words, "Just wait until you decide to stop feeding them. You won't be able to stop. They will tear the house down. "

Lately, as mentioned I had begun going out only every other night. Between pain and the grogginess caused by pain meds I was having more and more trouble making it out there even that often. Friday night was my night to go out there. I went out late. It took me until almost midnight to get myself out there. When I did finally get out there, there wasn't a raccoon anywhere to be found. I waited a few minutes, but they never showed up.

I didn't change the threads as I had promised. I wanted to get a pick of the kits for the new thread. If figured I would go out early on Saturday and get one, but on Saturday when I went out there at 9PM, once again I found myself all alone. I stayed out there for a while, but once again to no avail.

As I sat there on Saturday night alone, I realized how cold and lonely my yard was without the raccoons. It is so hard to fully appreciate anything when it is always there, but when it's gone...Ouch. I sat there hoping to see a raccoon, any raccoon. It had only been a few days since I had seen them, but I sure missed them.

As to the myth, I hadn't even quit feeding them entirely. I had just slacked off and become sporadic and undependable enough that they had decided not to wait around for me anymore. Each night, this one included, I would go to the patio door hoping to see the familiar raccoon faces peaking in at me, but the patio was empty, empty and forlorn without those cute, cuddly clown faces looking back at me.

So much for the myth. Even after all the time I've been feeding them, it isn't difficult at all to get rid of them, even when I don't want to do so.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I did finally break down and start a new thread to replace this one which is getting way too long. The new thread is here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1045146/

Sorry, I don't have any "The End" photos handy. We will just have to go with the thump on the head. ; )

(Bonk!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.