Daily Pics Vol 242

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Time to start a new thread. I so enjoy seeing everyone's contributions.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1032390/#new

A mallard hybrid and friends at one of the local lakes.

Thumbnail by kniphofia

And a swan.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Marlton, NJ

Gorgeous pics Knip! Especially love the Swan!

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Knip, for the new thread. Love the hybrid Mallards and friends. I guessed the hybrid is the one in the midle, with white head, and distinctively looking lad?

Love the white swan especially.

Here is a short video on Lord Bama and his lady bring the fledgling to the feeder and show the youngen how it's done.

Opening with the Cardinal, Mr. Rudy checking them out (the woodpeckers), then the innocent on looker -- the juvenile Purple finch. Let's look.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqr372cGM-o

Marlton, NJ

That is so neat Lily! Thank you!

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

linthicum - thanks for the reminder of Rock Creek Park (in previous thread). It is a lovely spot! Not too far north is another park along the river...can't remember the name...where my husband found his love of geese and even tried to have a conversation with one (it kind of worked - the goose was definitely interested in my husband's noises!). :D

Thanks for the video, Lily

Marlton, NJ

One of 6 Turkey Vultures at Cape May Point State Park this morning.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Those turkey vultures are so cool to watch fly. Cute video LL. Knip, love those ducks!

While I was outside tonight on hummie watch, this gal stopped by. Pretty sure it's a female American Redstart, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
PERTH, Australia

Knip, the photo of the swan is perfect.

Mrs, Ed, whatever the little bird is, it is lovely.

Good shot of the Turkey Vulture, Pelle.

I haven't got much except Ospreys (poor me). I've been practicing taking shots of birds flying by whilst waiting for some Osprey action. The background is very bright, but I was quite happy with this shot of two Pacific Black Ducks flying by yesterday afternoon.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the new thread Knip...Love that Swan!

Lily..your video was really cute...I think the RH Woodpeckers are in charge of the feeders and are showing the little one how to be in charge.

Cool shot of the TV Pelle...hope you had a great time.

Congrats Mrs. Ed...cool bird.

Margaret...awesome shot.

The Carolina Chickadees are back...good grief I was so excited you would have though it was Santa Claus!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

It was so cute the way he was eating!! LOL...!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

The American Goldfinches are starting to look more "wintery"!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Here's the little female Goldfinch.

Thumbnail by dellrose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Great ducks and Swan pics knip. Thanks for this new thread.
Mrs- Ed, I think it's a Redstart as well, At first the blue head, made me think it was a Northern Parula, but the light might have something to do with the color. The undertail seems white on the Parula and the wingbars are white. And yours is yellow. But I could be wrong too.:)
Margaret you did a pretty good job, on your fly by ducks.I'll show you my fly by eagle, pitiful. But I'm keeping it. Don't have very much pictures of Eagles. ;)

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

Yes thats a female American Redstart; nice pic Mrs Ed!

Nice flight shot Margaret!

Rose, I understand how happy you are with having the Chickadee's back. They are such sweet happy friendly little birds. Lovely shots!

Nice one burn!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

The White-throated Sparrow have been here, a couple of weeks now.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lovely Chickadees, Rose. I enjoy them very much. I do like, how they hold their seed.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Sorry folks - I forgot to say on the last thread that I'd started a new one. Thanks Pelle!

Sandusky, OH

Thx for the new thread Knip, really like your Swan. Lily nice vid, love watching the parent's teach. Pelletory that vulture has his on you, nice shot! Mrs_Ed nice shot of the female ARS she's very colorful, MargaretK that is a heck of a shot! Burn and Dellrose watching the Chickadee's is alway's a treat, its the bird I most want to see at a feeder.

Well we got a 3 day weekend so I will be out trying to get a few shots. I would really like to get some Warbler's that may be heading back south, through the same place I saw them in the spring.

I only have 2 pictures, with work I only get to grab a couple of shots here and there.

Goldfinch

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

A white Sparrow, not a very good shot but I will get a good one, unless the Cooper's Hawk gets him/her first.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Norman, OK

Enjoyed the Golden Eagle, burn. Saw several on our recent trip to CO and NM. No pics though. I generally just enjoyed watching them through my 20X50 binocs.

dell, here is a cousin of your chickadees. Mountain chickadee. Taken in Santa Fe.

BTW, our last morning there we watched the Barn Swallows fledge. My wife really enjoyed watching them during our visit.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Burn...it is hard to believe that the White-throated Sparrows have returned! I just love that bird feeder of yours, the little Dee looks so cute on it. I've seen one similar and may have to buy it since it makes such a pretty picture. Lucky you to get a shot of an Eagle.

Burd...Cute shot of the Goldfinch and good luck finding the Warblers.

Here is a shot of a juvenile male Dickcissel...they nested this year on our farm. They are a noisy bunch and scold us when we walk the dogs past "their" area!

Red...nice shot of the Dee...looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Another shot of a Dickcissel.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

We have lots of Field Sparrows..babies all over the brush piles.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This Field Sparrow landed on the same branch as a female Dickcissel and was quickly sent scurrying! I think the Dickcissel was getting ready to feed her baby.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

There are several young Indigo Buntings in the same area.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Another Indigo Bunting.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Last one for now, an Eastern Wood-Pewee.

Thumbnail by dellrose
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Such cutie -pie, the Pewee! Love all other pix everyone. :-)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Looking at the thumbnail of burn's picture above of the white-throated sparrow, I thought that the building was in the background! But when I enlarged it, I realized how beautiful that birdhouse is! Very neat!

Here is a picture of the Red-whiskered bulbul. I was inside, near the window that has an insect screen. The camera lens was close to it and the bird, just 6 feet away. I had to be so still not to scare it away with movement. It is because of the screen you see that eye getting that sparkling effect. Also the same effect on the white spots.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Curious about each other, or so it seems! A dove and a female koel. These came first and then the bulbul posted above.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Now only the koel, after the dove flew away.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

A juvenile Magpie Robin. I was close to it near the plant. Adults are wary of our presence and keep away. This one still has not developed such (unnecessary) fear. They don't know we are bird-lovers, despite providing a bird bath for it and all the freedom to use that water!

Thumbnail by Dinu
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Such unsusual, and beautiful birds from your backyard! Thank you, and welcome.

Marlton, NJ

Wow so many great shots here! Thanks everyone!

Red, Those Mountain Chickadee's look like little bandits.

Rose, I just got the Field Sparrow on my list yesterday at Cape May. They are very cute.

Great birds Dinu!

Burn, So cool to see the White-throated Sparrow so soon.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I enjoyed everyone's beautiful photos.

Here's one of my Brewers Blackbirds.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

A Lesser Goldfinch

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This Lesser Goldfinch wasn't sure it wanted to bathe.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

After it got in the water, it stayed for a long time.

Thumbnail by ducbucln

Love that 'not sure' pose!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.