Daily Pics Vol 242

Marlton, NJ

Me too! Great shots duc!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks guys, for your comments on the feeder and birds.
And it's sure nice to see everyone's post. Dinu love the photo of the Bulbul and Koel, never seen neither of them before.

Another one on his way south, the Red-winged Blackbird.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Chipping Sparrow.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Burn, feel free to attatch a letter/message with those migrating South. LOL, last time I saw those red winged black bird was in late Spring around here.

Duc, I love you Lesser Goldfinch as well.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Burn, I love the Red-winged Blackbirds. I haven't seen one here for a few weeks now. Your little Sparrow is cute too.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Look at this little one, is she just puffing up for show?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

She might be,otherwise she looks fine.

Melbourne, FL

Love your Indigo Buntings, Rose.....be sure to let them know it's almost time to head South!

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

I FINALLY got a Red Headed Woodpecker late this afternoon! It made sitting still in traffic for more than an hour getting to my birding spot worth it. Life is good! :)

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Melbourne, FL

Congratulations....that's one I wouldn't mind seeing.

Marlton, NJ

Nice one Jay!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Yay! Congrats.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Dinu, nice to see you and your beautiful birds from India!

Duc...Beautiful shots and I am desperately trying to find a fountain like yours. It sure attracts the birds...lucky you!

Burn..Our Chippers and Red-wings seem to have disappeared in our area. I love to see the birds you are getting in your area and can't wait for your first Redpoll to appear!

Congrats Pelle and 24.

GP...I am sure your Indigo's will show up shortly...haven't seen a mature male for at least 2 weeks.

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I got my digiscope set-up working (Nikon Coolpix P5100 and Vortex 20-60x80 spotting scope). It was Resin who said that most of his digi-pics were not too good, the same was true for me.

But I did get a few keepers. Here's one, a Mourning Dove, on the drive-way eating seed.

Soon, I'm going to start a new thread with my other keeper digi-pics.

Hack

This message was edited Sep 5, 2009 8:40 PM

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Hey you guys...I got lost again... NICE PICS!!!!!

Our indigos are gone. I miss them fussing at me when I walk by.

This was in the shadows...but got this Barred Owl this morning!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Nice one Hack!

Lucky you nanny!

PERTH, Australia

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1034993/ Check out the link in this thread on the Pets forum. Well worth watching and reading.

Nanny, that's a fabulous Owl and I agree with Pelle. Lucky you.

Marlton, NJ

I posted that a while ago but definitely worth revisiting for newer members in the last year or so. It's a very heartwarming story. Thanks Margaret!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks dellrose. Since I don't go out much to where the birds are found much, I have to depend on what comes in to my garden when I'm free with camera in hand waiting for these visitors. So that narrows down the variety and frequency.

Yesterday was one such. A Crow pheasant spent some 10 minutes near the window and for the first time, I was shooting it from less than 10 feet. It must be a youngster. There are bigger ones with longer beaks. I judge by the size of that and its relative boldness to fly down on the ground beneath the window - I was there with camera and still as a statue! It is a very shy bird by nature and very hard to shoot from that close a range. It first sat on the shrub and looked here and there and took a long time to confirm things are safe to get down.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Then finally came down. Still that fear had not gone. It looked restless.

Thumbnail by Dinu
South Hamilton, MA

'children' don't know about people with cameras as yet. Glad you got the photo.

Marlton, NJ

He is a beauty Dinu!

PERTH, Australia

Wonderful bird, Dinu. Wonderful enough that I googled it and saw that it is from the same family as the Roadrunner, which didn't surprise me given the obviously specialized toe layout.

Dinu, how lovely. I adore that ruffled edge tail too!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

What a wonderful bird! Great shots Dinu!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Hack...congrats on the new set up. Looking forward to seeing more of your bird shots!
Nanny...Lucky you to get a shot of the Owl, I wish ours would show themselves more often. They seem so scarce!!
Dinu...What a gorgeous bird and great shots too!

Very overcast yesterday but as I sat on the bank of the farm pond I was treated to a long range view of the Mockingbirds harassing a Red-tailed Hawk (correct me if I'm wrong on the hawk ID). The Hawk was very vocal in his protests, which is what caught my attention. Sorry for the crummy quality but hope you can get the idea of the situation.

This first shot shows all the Mockingbirds gathering for the harassment!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

They all seemed to take turns diving at the Hawk.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Lot of staring too!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Don't make me come over there!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Ha..Ha...gotcha!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks. It gave me enough time to enjoy looking at it while I took some 10-12 shots. The macro range for my camera is 6 ft, with 12x zoom. I tried that also!! He/she was that close! I then changed to normal setting. Light was good luckily.

I've just added a couple of other pictures on Bird Files. Have added this one also.

Thumbnail by Dinu
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

The Hawk eventually got smart and left the area!

Earlier yesterday I spotted this lovely Wilsons Warbler.

That is quite a set of feet Dinu!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

A young female Asian Koel also flew by yesterday.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Portrait shot! Couldn't resist posting here also after saying I've posted in the BF.

Thumbnail by Dinu
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Another comical view!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Those are beautiful shots Dinu!

Last one...a Rose-breasted Grosbeak stopped at the dead tree, I hope she returns for a better shot.

Thumbnail by dellrose

Fun series on the Hawk Rose.

How do you get the Warblers to sit still for a photo. Did you put super glue on the branches?

The downies are back, so I put out more suet.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

and then the male showed up. Can't believe how close they let me get.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

I wish more birds were like the Downies. Wonderful shots Mrs Ed!

Great pics of the Red-tailed Hawk and Mockingbirds dellrose! The Warbler is adorable.

Thanks for the Kohl and the additional shots of the Crow Dinu!

Melbourne, FL

That Crow Pheasant is awesome, Dinu. Rose, your Wilsons Warbler needs to be in BirdFiles if you haven't already...it's a beauty! I have a few shots from the short time I spent outside this morning. First is a Blue Jay.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2009 11:30 AM

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.