Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

I will give you a half right.
Hint: it was a grafted tree

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Anyone see Dave around??
Look what I found at the forty......

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

JJ Moon tried to get me to make my plant have a seed pot abortion...she's not nice...boohoo

LOL

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

A weeping cherry, perhaps JJs? Heck, I can't tell what things are half the time when they do have leaves....grin

half right? I'll take it, its better than nothing....

Weeping cherry?

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I thought my computer was just running super slow tonight. Are you saying it is the site, or did I misunderstand???

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh and Jean, what is this? We found him crossing the road on the way to the forty.
He's big!!!

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow Kassy!!
Haven't seen him though.

Trina shame on her. check your dmail

Not me Trina...you were talking Brugmansias and daturas with someone from Texas I think....told you to cut the seed pods off to get more blooms...

Boy that is a happy little toad stool, Kassy. How was the trip to the 40?

ok that was just weird I was on the page and then all of a sudden 4 extra posts popped up

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Boy you are good!! It was my weeping cherry. Most expensive tree I ever bought. Course I waited for it to get to 75% off. Won't let DH cut it down has to wait till next year. It was starting to bloom when lightning got it. Got a split half way up the trunk. Hoping for a miracle like the hibiscus LOL

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOTS of happy little toad stools....................LOL

Thumbnail by kassy_51

You are right Moon I apologize...it was Fool4Flowers who tried to get me to have a baby flower abortion....

you've seen my pics do I look like the type who would pass up a seed?

Ceropia, prometha or imperial moth larvae....not sure which. The site has been a bit off this afternoon....not sure what's up.

Hi Venice

JJ let me think, I had one at my old place in Littleton same thing happened...trying to remember what I did to save it

(Zone 5b)

that's a toadstool? I was afraid it was a 'shroom & Kassy was going to try to eat it...and are those ladybugs on that caterpillar? hmm curiouser & curiouser
Hello Moon! Work was BUSY lol
JJ is that blue house in the picture your house? it's really nice.
Trina that sounds like a lot of work, overnighting plants!
Venice it seems my 'puter has been slow, maybe we are slowing down the entire world wide web lol

Kassy, Trina and the rest of you northern guys --

I have been reading too much tonight and have a bundle of questions. I hope someone can help me.

How do you cover your plants for the winter? Mine aren't right next to my house and we get all weather coming from Chicago. I can only get products that come in small bags like at Lowe's.

I am planning to pull up all the annuals, tomatoes, etc. and would like to spray for bugs and fungi. Will the soap mixture work? Or the one Jim uses for fungi, 2 T soda and a little Ivory in one gallon water?

Also, what do I use when I bring the avocado trees inside? I read somewhere to use a soap solution 5-7 times starting 3 weeks before bringing plants inside. How do you make that?

Do impatients have seeds? Can you snip off a stem and root it that way?

See what happens when you read about more things!!!! I just get too many questions!

JJs, give the tree until spring. It may recover. The huge pine next door had been struck by lightning a half dozen times and survived each time. The last strike hit it square on and caused the trunk to split from the fork down about 3 or 4 feet....Neighbors decided enough was enough and took it out....it was still alive though.

Trina, her point was that if you want more blooms, you have to remove some of the old pods. You can always save pods from the new blooms, or like she said, leave 1 or 2 pods on and remove the rest.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

That bug looks like from outer space.
Kassy I have to ask. How do you find all these things? Crawl on hands and knees through the brush?

(Zone 5b)

Venice I was wondering where you've been lol I wouldn't hesitate to take Jim's advice...are you getting this crisp fall weather also?

Once again I am late on getting caught up......what's new????;-) Scanning and loving everyone's picture's! Keep them coming!

Hug's all

Rachel

Venice let me suggest a book...Jerry Baker's 1001 gardening secrets...all kinds of homemade remedies alot of them actually work!

I have no idea how to grow impatiens, i just plant them, they either grow or they don't

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Jean.

Thumbnail by kassy_51

JJ, very pretty flowers! Like the red sedum. You have a beautiful house also.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes Lynnie that is my house. Someday the porch will have railings.
Kassy nice hollyhocks.

(Zone 5b)

ok now I'm having trouble with the posts! some posts aren't coming up till others reply to it! now THIS is confusing!

I know the lag is terrible

(Zone 5b)

I knew it! the corn got you guys!

Hey hey hey Rachel....grin. Kassy, Dave went into town today...be on later this evening. That is as close as I can come on your caterpillar. Pretty home and garden JJs. Yes Venice, most impatiens set seeds...really neat, when they are ripe, if you touch the pod it explodes and scatters seeds everywhere.

We could always blame it on the slug thread....grin

Kassy, cute little toadstools I have neve seen before.

Must have been at least a week or so ago that Jim gave me that recipe for powdery mildew.

I have been over on the annuals forum!!!!

I added that book to my file. Thanks.

Explodes? ooohhh...my too favorite things, flowers and explosions
is it normal for me to have a plant addiction and a thing about fire?

Sure, so long as you aren't setting fire to plants....grin

Only the weeds Moon, only the weeds

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Glad its not just me.

Kassy is that a toadstool?

Thanks Venice .
I just put leaves or mulch on top of my plants. Use the styrofoam cones on my min. roses. Survival of the fittest around here. I have even taken some that I buy late and put them in the basement in pots, take them out in spring.

(Zone 5b)

I'm afraid to write, is the e-lag over?

Moon, what do the seeds look like? My impatiens are just very ordinary short ones.

Fixed some popcorn and things straightened right out....grin...take that Malakai

It think it is fixed!

The seed pods are small green capsules about a quarter inch long.....sort of like a teeny tiny okra pod.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.