STORIES OF BASIL,LAMBIC AND CORN

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Good morning Gypsies, Rebels and Friends. Welcome to part number....welcome, I don't remember what part this is....grin

In yesterday's episode....JJ's finished the BR project and chased the children out of the corn...

Kassy got ready to tour the 40...finally,grin....and changed out the potpourri....LOL

Rachel returned and I proceeded to confuse her completely with goldfish and guppy plants...I'm so sorry

Jim lead a Hootenanny and did what he does best...makes folks feel better

Lynnie killed white flies on the corn and rewarded herself with dark chocolate....way to go Lynnie

Dave brought us tons of beauties to look at and shared his vast knowledge of plants...what a guy...grin

Venice led us in a wake for Wilty....Lambic and Tequila all around....Farewell with the fairies Wilty....grin

Trina continued the battle of the Buh-zillion plants....I know they all have names...lol

Flowers joined the band and celebrated with snickers and Pepsi.....

Smileymom pondered a name change....waiting to greet the new and improved moniker....who will she be? GRIN

Ican, babeegirl, Cat, dixiegril and Chezca were all off in other pursuits...what could be more important than Basil????

and I did what I do best...proceeded to bring everyone to the same level of confusion I work at.....sorry guys....it will happen again...LOL

If I missed anyone, I am so sorry, just remember who is typing this and know it was not intentional....Grin

I think that brings us up to date....shall we dance?

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

can you rhumba???

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

I can do the hokey pokey and turn myself around.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

gotta tell this one guys, When I was about 14 paper everything was in, (curtains,clothes,tablecloths you name it) Well I found some pretty gold and silver paper and decided to make me a mini skirt, pants and a vest of this pretty paper. I cut a pattern out by hand and sewed by hand. Not bad looked pretty good with a nice silk blouse. Well to make a long story short, Went to the teen center for a dance with my gold mini skirt and vest. Well started to dance to "Wipe out", we had a live band and I was trying to impress the drummer whom I was infactuated with. Honeyyyyy that stuff started coming apart at the seems, needless to say I went home early from that dance lol Moral of this story is always wear leggins when wearing paper skirt and dancing to wipeout

LOL...sounds like your skirt was a wipe out, Flowers....

Good morning.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

to say the least, but did get the drummers attention and we dated lol

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

How are you this morning fairing well I hope. Can't stay in here long just had to put my two cents in. Have a Good day

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Morning all
Flowers good thing there wasn't a rain storm on the way home! lol
Happy Birthday Kassy.
Great job on the update Moon.
Somewhere I missed the hootenanny.

Found this growing,( the big plant), don't know where it come from, wasn't there couple weeks ago. Weed?

Thumbnail by jjsgramma
Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

You got that right Jis, don't know what that is but its getting ready to bloom

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Columbine anyone?
I gave away 23 of these when hey first came up this spring, hoping to thin them out. Two years ago I transplanted 3 back here and now I got this.
For those who are afraid the preen will stop seeds in the spring I use it every year right after my plants come up and again in about late july. Didn't stop these from multiplying.

Thumbnail by jjsgramma

JJs, good morning. Jim said in his last post somewhere around here (grin, can't keep up) that they went to visit a shut-in and sang a few songs and played his guitar last night. I know I probably left out a lot of stuff, but there is always a lot going on...grin BTW Kassy's B-day is in March, sorry for the confusion...see I told you I was good at that...LOL

Don't remember the name, but am sure it is a weed...what good plant would grow so well and have so many buds that fast? Looks like it would just love to explode seeds everywhere....lol

See ya later Flowers

Wow. got a couple to spare don't ya. I have yet to be able to successfully grow columbines...think it might be the heat and humidity and this gardener's general laziness...grin

Please tell me that is a bit of garden art and not a live lizard attacking your fence....grin

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Hey lets start a lets trade weeds forem, I have lots that I could send, but if ya get my black eyed susans I cut down in the mix I want em back lol

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Story of my life day late dollar short.
Couldn't think of anything that would grow that good, but then sometimes I forget where I stick things. I was taking pics the other day DH asked why. I said so e don't pull up any more flowers next spring thinking they are weeds. LOL

So I should pull that creature now?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Good morning everybody...sorry i'm late I got my broom cuaght in the door!!

No seriously I am so bad I was ADDING plants to my want list...as if I don't have enough already!

But on the plus side....My husband is setting the footings for my year round greenhouse/conservatory this morning....yeah for me! But it won't be done until spring not soon enough to rescue my "gift" plants but I am starting to win that battle ... or at least I think I am....wooohoo

I would...but then I am liable to pull up anything that looks like it could take over. Had an aquaintence ask if she could store a few plants in my green house last year while she was moving....dummy me said sure, no problem....I now have 17 new weeds that are about to eat my garden alive...including some kind of grass that got in one bed and while we were gone this summer took slap over. I have been spraying, cutting, ripping and cussing and still haven't managed to get rid of it...so pushy it is swallowing the bee balm.

My DHJim thought he could get out of helping with the weeding by pulling up a few seedlings....took pictures of the weeds that needed to go and handed them to him....told him it was a guide to a happy marriage....grin

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Thats not all of them. Maybe Trina will want some.
Yep garden art, but years back my son did have a iquana, stunk to high heaven, ( he wouldn't keep cage clean) I opened the window and the cage and chased him out and down the street so he wouldn't be able to find it. Was a site to behold I'm sure.lol

I have alot of that grass that creeps everywhere too, if ya want some. Can't get rid of it.

Thumbnail by jjsgramma

Good morning Trina...you sound really positive this morning...."good" night's sleep? grin Congrats on the conservatory...I am envious. Would love to have an attached plant house.

he thought he was gonna get away with something small, then I showed him how big some of my tropicals get...I told him next he can start building one on the property I own in Missouri...33 acres surely there's room for a very large one right?

And yes JJ I'll take some columbine! front yards done time to start on the back.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Yep thats a bowling ball. Just got 5 more. Going to make a catipillar out of them. working on a lady bug now.

I have my yard sprayed every sprng because the creeping charlie in my neighbors yard is terrible and tries to come over and even that doesn't kill that grass. We call it watergrass but don't know what it really is. Sprayed for crabgrass that didn't kill it either.
Well I better head for the grocery store or there will be no supper tonight .
Catch you all later.
Have a Great Day.

As we say in the south, JJs, You are too kind.....grin No thank you. I have enough of my own personal green hellions out there.

I had an Iguana named Ignatius, Iggy for short (how original, LOL). He was a lovely pet, but we left him with a sitter service when we went on vacation, and they cleaned out his cage and decided to use kitty litter to "keep the cage fresh". Iguana's eat by scooping up their food...Iggy scooped up a bunch of kitty litter and it shredded his esophagus and stomach. My SIL was in Vet school at the time and she took him in to Necropsy and see why he died....said she couldn't tell if he bled to death or starved to death, but it was a buckdancer's choice as to cause....Critter sitter service said...oh so sorry, you owe us $75 for pet care....guess what I told them....can't write it here....GRRRR. But, it did involve street coeners and a "professional" way of making money.

Get something really yummy and we'll cyber-share....grin. Have a great day

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

I don't think Trina was sleeping last night. DH home early kids in bed. Wink. LOL
Trina you can have all ya want got three different ones in that mess. Maybe four.

awesome! I got some columbine from my grandma at my last place but had to move beore I ever got to see it bloom...hope it takes over everything there!!!...
Sorry to disappoint guys...hubby fell asleep on couch before i even got my laptop closed...total bummer oh well maybe at luch time...hehehe

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Sorry about your Iggy Moon. Can't believe they wanted you to pay.
The neighbors found my run away just my luck. Gave them the cage and stuff for a promise not to tell son it was his. Much better home for him I'm sure. Same son wonders why he never got a dog. Dah
Top of grocery list: candy bars, ice cream, donuts
Hows that for starters, ya know breakfast IS the most important meal of the day.

Later

I had peach bread for breakfast and a mt. dew

Careful, donuts....Lynnie has to work today, but she just might go AWOL...laugh.

Had a friend in law school draft a letter to the critter non-care folk explaining just how valuable a pet they killed....got a letter from them stating the bill was forgiven....it was, they weren't.

Coffee with dark chocolate melted into it....pimento cheese toast and a plum...not at one time though....grin...not able to handle the weird combos Jim does....lol

OOOOWWWWIIIEEEE!!!! Note to self when watering plants while standing on the counter to reach them...pay attention to where the edge of the counter is....and the barstools! That's gonna leave a mark!

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

But I don't think I have weighed 100 lbs( dry and unclothed) since grade school. Slow metabolism don't ya know. lol

LOL Moon

trust me JJ being this tiny aint all its cracked up to be. I' pushing 40 and I don't want to dress like my SD but thats the only clothes available in my size

I lost a hundred pounds once, but someone posted an ad and we went and got our Newfoundland hound back....grin

have you ever noticed some ppl are rather...whats the word ...like chevy guys will only look at chevy's...some ppl on here are that way about their plants? Like they get hung up on one type of plant only?

Trina, a link for you....told you guys I am the queen of links...LOL

http://fashion.about.com/od/petitefashion/Petite_fashion.htm

I think they they call that species-centric...they have a favorite plant to the exclusion of almost everything else....or maybe they are just a bit obsessive....grin

oh none of my dress clothes are appropriate for her...but I can't wear those for gardening! Jeans, T-shirts and baseball caps are my usual daily wear...oh and I almost forgot...dirt!

Not me If I can make it grow inside or out then bring it on....like I said I get depressed if I can't play in the dirt!

Hear hear on the dirt....DHJim is a regular blood donor at work and everytime he donates they give him a T-shirt.....been at the plant for almost 20 years and he donates every 2 or 3 months....my garden shirts all advertise the local hospital's blood donor program....thought it was fitting since I have spilled so much in my garden.....grin

oh so true! between the roses, and the raspberries, and getting myself with the shovel or clippers...Probably lost and replaced my own blood twice by now..but its worth it and very satisfying!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.