Is it just me - or is winter coming early?

Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I am in zone 5b and I don't ever remember a 40 degree morning on August 31st. It appears that the trees are starting to turn and the squirrels are making nests and going crazy for food. It seems like everything came early this year too! Your thoughts?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Most definately, trees starting to change color already, afraid winter might be a bad one this year

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

If we have snow equal to the rain we have experienced this year there will be a record snowfall here for sure. It does seem that a cooling trend suggests an early fall in North Central Pennsylvania.

Greenwich, OH

Cool last night and this morning.looks like a early fall here.
My furnace kicked on this morning.

Some of my house flowers like a few fifty degree nights. They are out on a side porch to enjoy this cool period.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

We had frost in northern Wisconsin. And I took this picture on my way to my BF's.
Afraid that winter is coming fast this year :(

Thumbnail by kassy_51

NNNOOOO!!!!! I refuse to deal with winter yet...NO NO NO

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

ROTFL trina

I still haven't got all the plants in yet

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Better hurry ^_^

LOL

I'm trying there's just too many

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I guess so!! That's why I have a trades list and am trying to get rid of the seeds from mine at least. I don't need anymore, other then a few that I can fit in here and there......LOL

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Tlhings changing quick here too. Noticed trees changing two weeks ago. If it keeps up our fall colors will be peaking by end Sept. instead of late Oct.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Most of our tomatoes are still green :(
The good thing this year was that the beets did great for a change.
Most of my plants stay out year round. But I have 2 that have not blossomed this year yet!

Dallas, GA

Our trees are starting to change, too. At first I panicked, thinking they were dying, but I've noticed it more and more, all over the area.

Last year's winter was brutal... too many 10-degree (Fahrenheit!) low temps for my taste (especially since I was potty-training two puppies at the time... yikes, 3am in 10 degrees is NOT fun!)... I'm guessing it will be another rough winter. Honestly, I don't mind it as long as I don't have to stand outside for 10 minutes in the middle of the night!

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Tell me about the rough winters, come to Wisconsin ;-)

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

kassy, we had green tomatoes one year too, we brought them into an empty br, covered them with newspaper and they ripened slowly. I've noticed the change as well, yesterday seemed like fall weather.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Mrs JG, my daughter has a boston terrier that she too is training. She has a retratable leash that you can lock for distance and can stand inside door to let fido out for business without getting wet or cold yourself this may be what you need until winter is over anyway

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I was hoping to can some of the tomatoes while I am on vacation now, but that may not happen. :(

Guess I'll have to take another vacation...................LOL

green tomatoes? I like fried green tomatoes...yummy!!!

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Do you like this too trina? Found this on the ground out at the forty.

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Sorry - I tried to share an article about the winter season from the Farmers Aliminac but then saw this: Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
I am deleting.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2009 10:19 PM

Kassy, I'm a tree-hugging-dirt-worshipper of course I like it

The copyrite statement just stated is short a few words.... They are "for income or profit". You may share anything just as you may hand that magazine to a friend or show someone a famous artist's work as captured by your camera. The key words are "not for profit". It is customary to give proper credits at the time of sharing. Most of the old wives tales about copyrite are just that. Many statements are incorrect for various reasons.

You may make your kid a Mickey Mouse shirt but you may not sell it.... period. You may share printed mater any way you wish but you may not sell it........period. You may share films, floppy disks, records and CD but you may not sell it............period. If you know how you may even copy the same but you may not sell it............period. In addition you may not include them for free to promote activity that encourages sales of any other object or service.....period.

The words Copyrite Pending protects the maker until such time when the paperwork is completed for a formal Copyrite. Copyrite laws are very expensive to uphold and usually are limited to the confines of America and it's territories.

When you share an item identified as Copyrite protected just be sure you clearly state the source and date it was published. Of course you would not want to be in any question concerning income from the sharing of that product.

You can purchase the right to use privately held documents or items for commercial use by contacting the copyrite holder.

This is Copyrite 101.

wrong answer...if it says "may not be shared or rebroadcast without the written consent of the copyright holder" then it CANNOT be posted here, she may privately send someone the magazine or article, But she may NOT post it for public viewing on a website such as this...Moon was correct in not posting it here

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I say bring on the cold! We have been sleeping with the windows up for the past 2 weeks. It was 58 this morning and I love it, makes the hot flashes more bearable! lol ;)
My autumn joy sedum are already turning red. The only thing I don't look forward to is the seasonal allergies. I bought one of those sinus/allergy cleanse kits from walmart the other day. Gonna try it out....

NO NO NO!! I hate being cold, and all the pretty flowers go away when it's cold

we don't call them hot flashes...either private seasons or power surges

I have friends that live in central Fl and I can go visit them anytime during winter and see alll the blooms I can handle! I think that is the worst part for me too, seeing all of the blooms and leaves go away. My son calls them 'bald trees' lol

I've heard them called own personal summers too! ;)

Thats what my mom and I call them of course i've been having my own "personal seasons" since i was 14...drives me nuts

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Look trina

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

And another!

Thumbnail by kassy_51

Kassy stop teasing me!

Dallas, GA

>> Mrs JG, my daughter has a boston terrier that she too is training. She has a retratable leash that you can lock for distance and can stand inside door to let fido out for business without getting wet or cold yourself this may be what you need until winter is over anyway

Those retractable leashes come in SO handy on those cold nights! Fortunately, now that my pups are older, they're trained to do their business before bedtime, AND they're trained to do their business in the yard and come running back in... so even if it gets below 0 this winter, I will be toasty warm in bed!!

Back to the topic... the air has been so cool this week... I'm starting to "smell" autumn in the air. You know another thing I love about autumn is the slant of the sunlight in the afternoon. It just has that golden, autumny feel that I love.

I do need to plant some things for winter interest... maybe some holly with bright red berries and a red-twig dogwood. I get depressed when the trees go "bald" (LOL - love that!) and that will definitely help!

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

OH trina........

Thumbnail by kassy_51

Me likey!!!! lol
I went to south Fl over the weekend and it was quite warm (93). It's nice to come home and be able to breathe without all of the humidity ;) My seaonsal allergies kicked in early this year, so maybe that is a sign that fall is coming early....

The highest variety and volume of fall colors are found in North Central Pa. in so far as Pennsylvania is concerned. In our area's highest zones it is begining to color up. People are begining to see deep reds in the roadside plants. Yellows are just thinking of gaining their full color. The apples and pears are falling, the deer are going into rutt and that is again just a begining. There is lots of wonderfull fall befor our very eyes. Venison will soon be on our table. Turkey, grouse, doves, pheasants, rabbits, squirrel huge rattle snakes returning to their dens and bear will tease our thoughts. Being lucky we shall savor a little of all the bounty available as we enjoy the changing fall colors.

Woodway, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't want to be rude, but I have trouble taking advice on copyright law when I see the word spelled "copyrite."

too funny DP but your right...don't give me advice on it if you can't spell it!

U pour entillegant soles must injoy yourn wholeier then thouh poosititon en life. Iffen yose can handel dis U get th point. ROGLMAO

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL cute docgipe ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.