Compassion for Handicapped Gardeners # 7

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Glad you're starting to feel at home Steph.Thanks for the offer wish. This is actually a cando thing I'm still moving my buffet in the house a piece at a time. The screws must be in the bottom of the box. I have'nt come across them yet.My chest and back have been hurting so i'm being lazy yesterday and today. I'm such a goose. I have been doing a little here and there and never seem to accomplish anything instead of sticking to one thing till it's done.but i never have a dull moment. LOL I did get some soup made and froze and some muffins. I ate all the cornbread. Almost finished with the November calender poster. Have rearrainged and cleaned the shelves in here. Need to wash all my angel collection. They're all going to rise up and shout at me-"I'm dirty! Wash me!" Tomorrow I'm going to put in some time crocheting.
Talk at you tomorrw.
Vickie

mulege, Mexico

Thanks for all the compliments on my finishing the bedroom. The last two days I have crashed and burned - a combination of relief (at finishing the bedroom), insect bies, dust and a touch of flu. I've slept a lot.

Like Vickie, I tend to do a little here and a little there. I was telling myself this morning that I haven't done anything in the lst few days (who says a mind is a terrible thing to waste - not me, especially my early morning mind) when I looked around and saw the 18 pint containers of adenium seeds i planted yesterday. And I washed lots of dity and/or dusty dishes.

Tony, my friend who works for me, is great about noticing and commenting on what I have gotten done. This is really helpful when iti's a seemingly endless task like rearranging, reorganizing and totally cleaning the kitchen. I don't see what looks better, i see what still needs to be done. I'm sure no one else is like this. ha. Part of why i love this - I have lots of company and they're people just like me.

Oh, I've also been clearing out the small storage room next to my bedroom so I can brownbag it, too. When that is done I'm not planning any projects that involve having to empty a room. Maybe ever. Last night I was looking at Kaffe Fasset's book on Mosaics and thinking about my collections of tile pieces, glass (botles and pieces) and shells.

Tony has been doing concrete in molds. He does excellent work and is happy doing it. We already have some people interested in buying; Ii'm looking around to get ideas for pricing. There are several threads in the Garden Art Forum by a woman who is painting (mostly very large) concrete sculptures. Beautiful work.

No hurricanes on the horizon as of now. I'm grateful.

I'm grateful for my friends and, today, very grateful for an effective painkiller.

hugs, katie

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL....I do so wish the brain had an "off" switch. Especialy, around midnight when I'm trying to go to sleep and thoughts and ideas are buzzing around in my head like bees. *Kay*.

mulege, Mexico

After three-and-a-half weeks of forms letter responses which ignored what I was saying, In actually got a real response from and apparently real person at BofA. More than 20,000 words in our emails back and forth. BUT the finally had someone with a brain respond (I think).

WOW,
katie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Katie, that's great news!

mulege, Mexico

I went into shock and vacumned the whole kitchen/living room before I came out of it.

kb

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL you'll be happy about that, then, too! ^_^

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Great news, Katie. Way to go. Put that one on the Can Do thread.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Good going Katie, It took a lot of fortitude. Wish you'd tell me how to go into shock like that. My whole house needs vacuuming.
Kay i do so understand. My mind gets wound up sometimes too and will not shut off.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

An overactive mind is why I have had to rely on prescription meds to put and keep me asleep every night. Not the way I wish I could get a good night of sleep, but nothing else has worked for years.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh my goodness, leaf, either that or I need to be TOTALLY exhausted as well as pain-free. Last night my mind was racing, for no particular reason, all night. Luckily I woke up when I did -- DD had slept through her alarm and was late to school (this morning).

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, how do you manage to be totally exhausted and painfree too?

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone, I sympathize with you on the racing mind and trouble going to sleep. I too have to take sleep meds and lots of it to knock myself out at night. It is a part of fibro or so some doctors think so. I was hyperactive when younger and able now I just think about all I need to do and it stresses me out. But I have been crocheting alot lately. Apparently, the teen girls at DD college like the fun fur scarves and alot of them are asking to buy some so I need to get to work. Have agreat day. Love and Prayers, scraps

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Vickie - DRUGS! PT exhausts me and then plenty of drugs.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I understand, Did'nt think there for a minute.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

scraps, congrats on selling the scarves.Wonder if they'ed buy house slippers or socks too.
The doctor i have now does'nt beleive in relaxents or sleeping meds for older people so i went to over the counter aids. Not sure i want to rely on a doctor for anti depressents either and may go to ST, Johnswort too. Feel like our medical system is a mess.

mulege, Mexico

My ridiculously happy phase has passed and now I'm ridiculously tired. Had a long talk with myself yesterday about acepting my inability to do three things at once. Settled for vacuming the kitchen/living room. With five dogs, two still playful, but big, puppies, and doors left open for the nice weather to come in, cleaning doesn't last long. Was glad I did as my friend Sharon dropped over for a vist. She took time to admire the bedroom and the dragon fruit plants.

Tony is putting together a two-piece statue - very beautiful. Soon he must get back to work on the closet floor. He does seem to have found his calling in the work with the concrete molds. When the bedroom area is complete we can move on to leaves and other non-molded projects.

Jon, Sharon's SO, likes the brownbagging so much he wants to do some in their house.. They are in a rental so I'm going to recommend the do something that is movable.

While BofA refunded my lost money, they have not refunded the fees which were attached to it or the charge to my savings account for a transfer of funds necessitated by the missing money. I'm sick of them and their money-grubbing policies. Same goes for eBay. And a few others. Don't get me started!

Back to the dang closet.

hugs, katie

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks Cando1, I think teen girls will buy anything if they have the money.LOL. Mine finds plenty of things she just " has" to have. I have been hard at the crochet business lately. I have an order for 4 scarves and an afhgan from one lady and several sets with hat and a scarf in the fun fur. I made 2 hats and 5 scarves today but I did not do anything else around the house. Hubs cooked and started a load of clothes. That was all that got done around here other than the crocheting. Since he is not working I may have to teach him how to crochet. LOL. I sold alot of the scarves last year when my mom was in the hospital. The nurses loved them and it was close to Christmas. Hubs said I should go back and sit in waiting room and crochet all day and see if I get orders again. May get broke enough to try it soon. Our savings are dwindling big time. I am so ready to have him back at work for several reasons, money and time to sleep late again. he wakes me by 9:00 every morning. I stay up late because of sleep problems and yet he does not understand I need the sleep. If I sleep late I feel better. Well, I should go try to get some sleep while I can. Goodnight all, Love and Prayers, scraps

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Katie, There's alot of financial institutions i would'nt mind making voodoo dolls of.
scraps, stay out of the waiting rooms, thats where the flu hangs out.
I so-o-o hear you about the late sleeping hours. My best sleeping hours are between 8 AM and noon.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey I did not think of that and I sooo do not need the flu. I have an excuse now if he ask me about doing it too. I sold 100 dollars worth of crochet scarves yesterday. A friend came by to see the new house and saw them and had to have some. I could have made a little more off of them but hated to charge a friend so much. Hubs would shoot me if he actually knew how much money I had in some of them. I have a funny story about him. I am going over to the joy forum and type it in because it is uplifting story, to me anyway. My wrist are sore from crocheting. It is just not fair that no matter what I enjoy doing I hurt and it really ticks me off bad. yesterday I went in a store to shop for oldest DD that is a teacher and does not have alot of time for shopping. Found several cute tops on sale and I thought I would pass out with back pain before I could get out of checkout line. I just need to vent a little about that too. It is bad enough when you cannot work but it really ticks me off that fun stuff hurts too. Wish we could write a petition and vote not to have pain.LOL what a picket line that would be. All of us rolling and hobbling around with signs that say "stop this pain" Just a little crazy humor here. Well I am off to the joy forum now.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

The health care reform bill passed. IT'S a start. It will of course take forever to get anything going.
I need a little compassion today. Yesterday i fell down my front steps. Sprained an ankle and broke a wrist bone. Wont be able to walk for 5 days or use my right arm for 6 weeks. BUMMER!!! Vonne is with me now and Nita from TX will be here in a couple of days to stay the duration, I'm very lucky. It could have been a hip and hospital. My neighbor did not go to the doctor when she fell and had to have her foot rebroke to fix it and several surgerys, Beleive me i went straight to the emergency room. Have a cast on my arm, and was told to do nothing and stay off my feet. The pain meds have me loopy as a loon,
You will probably hear a lot from me the next couple of weeks,
Vickie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Neither of these injuries is to be taken lightly. I shattered my left wrist last Dec. 1st and it is still a bit stiff and achey if I don't do the exercises daily.

I can't say I'm happy about the health care reform bill for several reasons. I do realize something needed to be done tho. An issue by issue set of bills would have suited me much better with rulings that nothing could added to each one as an amendment. So many laws that can't get passed on their own get in thru the cracks and back doors piggybacking on something that will pass.

Scraps, that sounds like a great product you are producing in your little 'cottage' business. Yes, please stay away from where sick people are gathering to see more sick people. More aches from the flu you do not need.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

mulege, Mexico

Vikie - I get chills when I hear stories like yours. Take it easy, easy, easy. I fell a few months ago and bumped my head (luckily, nothing breakable!). Saw a doctor here who asked if I'd been drinking. When I said no and I've been sober for more than 20 years he gave me one of those "sure you have" looks. He did find a treat the bladder infection that was killing me with pain so I was grateful but I've not gone back to him for ongoing care.

Take it easy, everyone.

katie

P.S. I'm happy with the health care I have and know nothing about the bill that just pased.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

vickie, I am so sorry about your fall. I really hate you will be down for a while. At least it is not prime gardening season so it could be worse and you get to see your DD from Texas. Enjoy the visit and let her wait on you. Is Vonne male or female name. I am thinking female but was not sure. I hope you have a fast recovery. I had to spend the day in ER with a friend who was hemmoraging, 63 year old female who has gone through the change already and her daughter lives out of town but she came when we finally got in touch with her. I was in a hurry and did not carry my crochet but will probably catch the stupid flu anyway. They had a seperate waiting room for flu like symptoms but there was probably germs every where. I practically bathed in germx last night when we left ER.

Leaflady, It is just a hobby that people appreciate I suppose. I crochet in winter because I cannot get outside much but I forget all about it in summer when there is plenty to do. I always made pretty hats and scarves for my girls but this new fun fur thread has been a hit with everyone. It makes cuter stuff than the plain old crochet thread of the past. Also they make prettier colors now I think. When I was younger people thought crochet hats were old fashioned looking. But the new thread is popular. Do you crochet?
Gotta get busy need to clean a little today. It is nice to have a pretty house when you get finished cleaning. The old house looked raggedy even at its best.

Have a good day everyone.scraps

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

No, Scraps. I don't do any kind of handiwork. My hands don't co ordinate very well so why do something just to be frustrated.My mother and sister always did a lot of crocheting, embrodering(?), and just plain sewing. I did a lot of Artex painting when the children were young.
Now I don't even sew. I did have the machine cleaned and adjusted recently with the intention of doing some sewug this winter. Mostly taking up side seams on some slacks so they fit me better. I can't sit in front of the TV or computer and get anything done tho. LOL

Vickie, have the girls arrived yet? Let them take care of you, please. You deserve to be taken care of.

Scraps, I pray your friend is ok. It sounds as tho she has a serious problem. Take good care of yourself the next couple weeks to avoid coming down with this flu. You certainly have had enough exposure.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I was lucky and had the ER all to myself. Vonne is a woman. She's been with me from the first, the other DD ,Nita may be here tomorrow. Vonne is due for minor surgery Friday. She was in an accident years ago and got an arm full of glass. Her doctor wants to get it out,says it's dangerous.
Steph, hope your friend is ok too Crochet is back in style. Ive seen hats and purses both crocheted as well as trim on sweaters.
leaf, i think canning is a handcraft and know you do a lot of it. So don't sell yourself short. I never cease to be amazed at all you do.
My girls will spoil me rotten but boy they are bossy.Both did'nt think i ought to spend much time in front of computer. Wrong!!!
I'm sitten, leg is elevated and arm is not in use.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

There are over a hundred posts on this thread so I think it is time to start #8. See everyone over there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.