Pictures to share!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I took a few pictures this morning to share with you all.
Here's a plant stand that one of my son's tenants left behind. We took off the fake flowers and vine and painted it and Donna helped me decide what plants to put in it. Cyclamen are out of season right now Donna, but I'll get a couple when I see them.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Marie, look at your morning glory!! It's a beast!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Tony's garden!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sunny Shoulders is blooming.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Eggplant, yummy!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Another shot of Tony's garden...his pride and joy I might add.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I love the bloom on the eggplant.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

We have an abundance of bell peppers...have been enjoying stuffed bell peppers.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Green onions and newly planted tomatoes.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I don't think we have enough hot peppers! If anyone wants some of these, I will send some....please!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's your collard green soup!

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

...finally, my vanda orchid.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Eeverything looks so great, Louise ! I can't wait to taste the soup with those collard greens. Yumm !

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Is Tony now a gentleman farmer...gardening in all of his leisure time? I'm feeling the urge to start veggie gardening again, just seeing all of that yummy stuff.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Rodica. Yes, Tony is a gentleman farmer and does spend his leisure time in the garden. He's doing a nice job.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Those pots look really nice Louise. Yea, forgot they are a winter plant. lol

Tony's garden looks great. I'm looking forward to that soup as I've never had collard greens before but I like almost everything.

Oh, that Vanda orchid is scrumptious. Mine didn't bloom this year, I wonder why. :-(

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Donna, didn't you have some of weege's Portuguese soup at Arlene's? Isn't that the same soup, weege? With the collards? It's excellent.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It is the same soup. Thank you Sherry. I hope you aren't sick of it.

Oh, I didn't know it was the same soup. Yes I had some and it was delicious. Ok, now I can't wait to have it again.

Louise, I didn't know you were Portuguese....or is it Tony's side?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

It's Tony who is Portuguese. I'm Polish!

Ha, Ha.....got a good polish joke. lol

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Weege: Great pics !

If you want cyclamens in 4" pots I can get you some. I saw them at a wholesale nursery here over the weekend. I'll trade you for Louisiana Iris.
Let me know how many you want and what colors. No, they weren't in a greenhouse, either...they were growing under shade cloth.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

I bought two miniature cyclamens a week ago, for my DH's new terrarium. At Mainly Seconds on Tustin Ave just south of the 22 (I think that makes it in Santa Ana). But they didn't have the full size.

They wouldn't do for your to-kill-for planter, but the little ones are so cute! They really seem to like the controlled environment, too.

~'spin!~

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Mike! Yes, I'll take 2 cylcamen if you don't mind. If they're marked with colors I'd like a red and a white one but if not, any color will do. Thanks my buddy!
Yes, spin, I want to stay on the smaller size for my little planter.
...and Donna, I think I've heard all the Polish jokes!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

OK Louise no polish jokes, but here's a link to a blond joke you've gotta appreciate.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1029895/
I can send and tell blond jokes, I have the hair color to get away with it. (at least during the summer I do)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'm Polish and blonde!!!!
Hahahahaahha, funny one!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2009 10:37 AM

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Double Whammy!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I know we haven't met Louise, but I've seen pictures of you with Emma, so I knew you were blond.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Are we going to meet or is the Disneyland trip that day?
Yup, blond through and through here! (only my hairdresser knows for sure!!)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

You are a true blond just like Lucy was a true red. LOL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

If the Disneyland trip happens, that means DGD will be going with her aunt and they'll do the birthday party on Sunday the 27th. If not, they're gonna have her b'day party on the 26th. I'm hoping for Auntie to come through on the Disneyland thing. Can't seem to figure out why they can't just plan the party for Sunday either way. That way I could just stop by early on Saturday, wish her a happy and go to the RU. Then I'd be there for the party on Sunday. KIDS!!!! Can't live with 'em.....Can't eat 'em.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My kids are usually pretty grubby, but they are older, maybe the little ones are sweeter tasting? LOL, DP, too funny.
I loved the Recycled abandoned plant stand! How nice the vinca look. I think Cyclamens would like it too, but it's too hot to think about them here right now.
Any chile' peppers you can't find homes for, I can.
Can I show DH what a real garden is supposed to look like? Me hats off to your DH, did a very nice job there.
I am envious of your Morning glory. My soil turns 'em purplish, and I can't get them to grow true blue. Will enjoy looking at your "monster"! : - )
Can't tell which I admire more because they both took my breath away, but Sunny Shoulders and your Vanda Orchid are both gorgeous. : - )
I wish people would realize that the blooms on veggies are just as pretty as the ones on ornamentals. I like them all! : - )
On the topic of hair color, my Red Headed child had his GF dye his hair and eyebrows black yesterday. I guess he is tired of being called (affectionately) pinky. LOL! I love it when it grows out and it's half red and half black, looks cool. Maybe he is just tired of standing out. He tells me that red hair is a genetic mutation. Could be I've often wondered if my ES was a mutant. LOL! ; - D
Does any one have any good red head jokes?
WIB!
SW

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Great pics, Louise! Love the veg garden, too, Tony! Looking forward to that soup.

BTW, do you have a recipe for the pinto beans the Portuguese make by the pot? I know there's not much in there, but can't remember what.
Kachinagirl posted this one - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/653471/ - does it sound familiar? I don't think I put sausage in them before, but it could be optional.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks everyone.
That looks like a good recipe for the beans Kathleen, yes it looks very familiar and I will have to try it. It is better with Portuguese sausage, the flavor is wonderful. I can also look in one of my Portuguese cookbooks and see if they have a recipe for the beans if you want. LMK.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

I enjoyed the taste of Linguica, but pork doesn't like me. :-(

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

SW, if you know of good homes for the chile peppers, let me know and I'll send you lots! Yes do share the pictures with your dh. Yup, my vanda is one of my favorites!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

YuP!, I know lots of people who use them in cooking. They are vegetarians and love making spicy dishes. I'm hoping to learn how to make some of the milder dishes myself.
My veggie garden got taken over by DH, which is why I want to show him how a real gardener does it! He loves his garden, unfortunately most of my peppers died as sprouts. (Bad Spirit!) Yes, our Spirit like to go out in the garden and eat the fruits and veggies. We've taken to calling him "goat dog", 'cause it seems he'll eat anything. No, we aren't starving him, and he doesn't have worms. I think he just likes to sample different flavors. He seems to especially like my melons. Maybe because they're small like balls when he takes them, but I still haven't gotten one ripe enough to eat. DH needs to fence off veggie garden the rest of the way. At least until Spirit gets through the chewing stage. LOL!
Most got planted late anyway, so the few I have left I hope will survive long enough to bear fruit. Sigh!
Strange weather, lack of rain, I just don't know what to do. Especially since it's already wildfire season.
WIB,
SW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, I'll send you some. These aren't too, too hot and I've used them in just about everything I've cooked.
It is so hot here.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow Louise everything looks great!!! Yep that blue morning glory is a monster. I am so looking forward to that soup again!! It will be 114-115 here today Yuck!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.