Donkies Tail?

Ive rooted around the net for awhile- and cant seem to find any information on this succulent. I have a small leaf cutting rooted in a 2 inch clay pot.. I am looking for some advice. I will describe it seeing as how im not sure the common name im using is right at all. Thick, pointed, light green 'leaves' coming off of a stalk. If moved or placed in a windy place- the 'leaves' will fall off. Its a very exotic, very strange plant- that i wish to have more info about- Anyone that knows about this plant please help :)

-elvishunter

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ(Zone 7a)

Sedum morganianum, I believe this is the name of it. Do a search and you should find it no problem. I use google.com and always get results.
Holly

New York, NY(Zone 6a)

Holly is right. It is more commonly known as burro's tail.

Thanks guys.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9A)

A bit of trivia. The original plant was found in a Mexican marketplace - the plant has never been found in the wild!!

Makes sence- if you leave it outside in any inclimate weather.. they fall to peices.. ;)

-ElvisHunter

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i took mine from the house to the greenhouse-big mistake!
i fried the poor thing. Put him right back in his spot and he is recouping but looks like ....my cooking-burnt!
lesson learned
dori

Longview, TX

I have a donkey tail spurge...is this similiar to what you are speaking of?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

no Kelly they are 2 different plants-donkey spurge can be grown outside and the other burrostail is a house plant and very tender-moving it is hazardous to its health. Its a succulent -I moved mine to the greenhouse this summer-almost fried the whole plant!!! Its starting to come back-thank goodness you can start plants so ez off the little pups that fall off!!!!

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Here's a cutting off a friend's donkey tail. As the stem gets longer and the leaves fall off the base, I just cut it off snip it down to the leaves, leave it out for a couple of days to form a callous, and then stick it back in the pot. But my last big one got thrashed by a storm I wasn't ready for, so I'm starting over with this little guy. Stella

Thumbnail by stellapathic

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.