ID from an eBay auction

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

It's listed as Angel Kiss (TB) but I didn't find any named that. There's an sdb named Angel's Kiss but the colors listed aren't right.

I'm going to email and ask who it's from and the year but any ideas?

There is also a photo with their auction of Wearing Rubies but it doesn't seem to be the same iris as the photos show here in PlantFiles.

Sorry--forgot the link:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tall-Bearded-Iris-ANGEL-KISS-2-Plants_W0QQitemZ330350657926QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea6f0186&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tall-Bearded-Iris-WEARING-RUBIES-2-Plants_W0QQitemZ230365063993QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a2d3eb39&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

This message was edited Aug 8, 2009 3:40 PM

Lebanon, OR

this is the gal that "borrows pictures without permisson" and 90% of her stuff is listed at RE and they are not and then she makes up names as well.

D

South Hamilton, MA

Not Wearing rubies Looks like SDB Cat's Eye to me.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Yes that is her alright. Used to be called the Iris Cottage wasn't she? She has a new name but still stealing other peoples photos and using Bogus names for some or using wrong picture for name and who knows what you really end up with,. I had 2 no ID I got from her before I learned. They were ok but dumped them as were not what she said they were and not her photos either.

Lebanon, OR

yup she comes up with new names every year. Because ebay has taken away alot from the sellers you NEED TO KNOW and ask here before you buy.

There are several wonderful sellers there but check them out here first.

D

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Dee is correct, she is a fraudulent user. She was on there last year too.

Lebanon, OR

that I know of she has had two or three names...ask here before you buy. There are GREAT ones on Ebay...then her which I would not buy from for anything as it will not be correct, if she follows her usual MO. I noticed something which I no longer seem to be able to do now. I would see what she was buying. Guess what 90% all NOID...now I personally think that what she did was to say this is this iris and when she got her NOID in then she would go to Mid America take a picture, change the name, say it was a rebloomer and label the NOID as the one a person bid on and ship.

NICE, wrong.

D

With her it is buyer beware!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Gulp....I have some irises on my watchlist....I am so glad I read this because I had some of hers also.Took them off already.

Could someone please post or email me the names of HONEST iris ebay sellers ? thanks

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

The links that GreenThumbsTN above listed above will take you to previous discussions on here about this person. In thoses, you will also find some of the sellers on there that can be trusted.

She burnt me once, not again,....never will I buy from her again as long as I can keep up with her name changes.

Boaz, KY

I wish I had been a Dave's Garden member last year, when I made a substantial purchase from The Country Garden. Exactly right -- she advertises irises at a 2-for price, and claims that so many are rebloomers. Rebloomers were what I was looking for, so I ordered three plants each of six varieties. Two of them bloomed this spring -- and they were plain old lavender irises that might have been in my grandmothers' gardens, and certainly not something I'd spend money on. When I contacted her to ask her why I got the wrong irises, she denied being the person I'd done business with last summer. When I contacted Ebay, they told me that they only keep records for transactions for 90 days -- because there simply are too many Ebay transactions to maintain a data- base any larger. So, essentially there is no record that I ever made a purchase from her. Pretty good scam, isn't it? You make the fraudulent sale, you get your great feedback because you ship promptly, and the proof of the scam doesn't come to light until almost a year later when it's too late to get any retribution. I considered contacting Paypal -- does anyone actually think this will do any good? It seems to me that Ebay should ban her from selling when the complaints keep piling up.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Who knows what Paypal would do, but it wouldn't hurt to contact them. As far as irises are concerned, I would say the eBay failure to track sales for more than 90 days is a real problem. It probably is fine for most other purchases.
More the reason for buying iris from companies with good ratings in Garden Watchdog. There are good people who get their start on eBay, but I wouldn't risk my money there in purchasing iris. There are just too many frauds.
It is good that we are getting the word out here, but very few eBay customers will see this thread. I am not sure what to do except to spend one's money with businesses with good Garden Watchdog ratings.
It would be a real service if we could evaluate eBay plant sellers on Garden Watchdog, but I suppose it isn't set up for that right now.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009 8:59 AM

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

The only record you would have is if you paid with Paypal ,the auction number is on there .Also if she left a rating or you did for her ?

I truly HATE dishonest people !
If enough customers would pull together with proof and complain about her tricks maybe something could be done about it but I wouldn't count on it.It is usually just 3 months one can complain but with plants I am afraid they might not be a resource.Plus as other people pointed out she keeps changing her ebay ID.A person like that should be banned from ebay forever if that is possible by name and address.

Boaz, KY

Yah -- I agree with you that it's a good idea to buy from iris companies, and I do that -- but it never occurred to me that someone would steal from people with plants!! Seriously, the thought never crossed my mind. I mean -- how hard is it to sell the real thing? Irises are easy to grow! Irises are generous with replication! With irises, honesty is simple. Anyway, it was the first time that I ever saw irises for sale on Ebay -- and I was an easy mark. I was scared to death this year to order irises from tntigger -- and I emailed poor Dora with my concerns that she was legitimate. She was very kind, and tried to allay my fears. And I did order some from her, but still with a little trepidation. It was an enormous relief to see her name listed here as an honest dealer. And that's the second problem with dishonest Ebay sellers -- they not only steal your money, they steal your confidence about doing business with other Ebay sellers, and the legitimate ones pay the price. I also agree that very few Ebay buyers will ever see this information -- which guarantees the continuing success of the thieves. It makes me mad.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

There are many honest buyers on ebay. One of the problems with buying the irises though is you only have 90 days to leave feedback and if you are sent nice big healthy rhizomes one can leave positive feedback. However by the time they bloom the following season and you find they are NOT what you ordered there is not much you can do in terms of being able to let others know about the problem. You can report the seller to ebay and claim fraud but that does not stop them from doing what this seller has done and that is set up a new ID. However I have had the same experience with commercial growers. I bought 3 daylilies from Springhill and two of the three were not correct. They are at least supposed to be sending replacements.

I purchased irises from Dollie-Diva, tn-tigger and falcon_g. They have great feedback and the varieties pictured look like the other photos I have looked at when researching the plant. The rhizomes were huge and very healthy in appearance but time will tell when they bloom next year. Actually I purchased daylilies from falcon_g. He sent at least triple fans that bloomed true to what was listed. I would not hesitate to purchase anything from him.

When you think about it buying from anyone on the internet carries a risk of not getting what you paid for. Generally everything is OK and everyone is happy. Whenever I have a problem I try to follow up with the seller to get things straightened out. It can be a pain but I think it is important to hold people and companies accountable. I think a lot of businesses "count on" people not being willing to follow through when there are problems (I think the same applies to rebates!).

I like the Garden Watchdog feature here on Dave's Garden. It pays to do your homework.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

There ARE some wonderful reputable e-bay iris sellers out there. From my 4-5 years experience of occasionally selling and buying irises on eBay myself (my e-Bay name is irisladytoo) has been"

1.) our very own Tn-tigger,
2.) also Dollie-Diva,
3.) greenriver_dr (This is really Mystic Iris Gardens in California),
4.) kimmie72,
#.) and TurtleJim (who is no longer selling)
#.) Of course our Dee use to sell on Ebay also, and is no longer selling there either.

All of those above have sold me correctly named varieties and use only their own photos. On top of that they all send LARGE rhizomes and nice EXTRAS too. These people are the only ones I'd recommend purchasing from. (I have never used falcon_g myself, so I can't speak to that)

The 'best deal' seller of irises on eBay is greenriver_dr. (Mystic gardens) they start their bidding at .99 cents on most of their irises and you can usually pick up a few irises really cheap from them.

Many iris sellers have now quit selling for the year, but many will keep going for another month or two.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Margie. We badly needed a list of reputable eBay dealers for iris. The only one I knew was tn_tigger, but I had never bought iris on eBay. EBay is a great tool if you can get the kind of information you just supplied us with.
I am sure the management of eBay has never thought of the complications of dealing with iris feedback on eBay and I am sure that it is such a small part of their business that they would be unwilling to make software changes for iris lovers.
More's the pity. But perhaps we can keep evaluation eBay iris here for the cognoscenti.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

There were a couple threads last season about this Seller and Ebay was contacted and also the Dept,. of Agriculture in CO about here but as far as I know (obviously) nothing was done about here.Ebay did not care as long as they got their money and since they bought PayPal no one got anywhere there either.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Margie: Great info...thanks for sharing!

Shepherd, MT

The sellers name is the-country-garden formely known as the-iris-cottage she was exposed last year, and had since changed her name from the-iris-cottage to the-country-garden , she will probably change it for next years selling on ebay. She has changed her name many times.

Wearing Rubies is none other then a picture of our little Cats Eye SDB

I can't find any TB Angels Kiss, I have been trying to match the picture with it's rightful owner

I contacted Joan on a picture of Fashion Queen, you can compare Joan's picture & the-country-garden picture used

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tall-Bearded-Iris-FASHION-QUEEN-2-Plants_W0QQitemZ330350657952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea6f01a0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

When I contacted the seller last year about her Opal's Cure which was indeed Mid-America's picture of Starring she told me her grandmother was a iris hybrider and that was the iris she bred and that was the picture of it.

I contacted Schreiner garden and asked if they know she was using there pictures, they did not. And said there pictures are the most pirated.

She buys NOID in quanities

She even contacted a member here to tell her to write in a forum for me to stop telling lies about her that she is not using others pictures and her iris are true to name

There are many good iris sellers on ebay and there are bad and this one is a bad one, ebay has been formed by many members and also by Mr. Black of Mid-America who they just blew off, they are more interested in keeping dishonest sellers on because it brings them money. Nor do they get rid of bad buyers. I just do not like dishonesty

I buy on ebay, I look for iris not offered any where, if they rip me ,I will let people know there iris are not true. I tell you the good , bad. Also any one that buys on ebay & leaft feedback, there is a place in feedback forum that you can add to the feedback you left and you add did not get iris I bought but a plain purple.

These ebay sellers have sent true to name iris and are honest
tn-tigger - sends a nice package out.
margiempv - Irisladytoo
countrydelight iris
Dollie_Diva - she makes her package sent, like your getting a present "gift wrapped"
The Iris fan
Turtlesprout - which is Turtle Jims son but I heard Turtle Jim is closing his garden and his son does not have the time either so I dont know if sprout will be back on ebay.
Greenriver_dr
Dee
Redroo7
Jofreebee
SB5848
Yodad50 - Williamson garden
Hisirisgarden
Black*ridge
dip-r-pan
Ymeader
Ladyinroho
Stoutgarden
Kimmie
Sunshineannie*garden
Raggsnrichs
Hearthstone legacy - small rhizomes sent, but true to name
Elliott1954 - which is a member on Dave's. I recently made her aware of her picture of Silverado that was pirated and used on ebay by some one else.
Gardenwitch
Gem300 - rhizomes , smaller size, but ones I got were true
Blooma -or something like that I will get correct name but she is from Casper, Wyoming and I believe she is on Dave's
there was a Serendippity iris that sells on ebay, I think she was hit by fire last year and not selling at present but she is honest and they are true

Not true
the-iris-cottage or the country-garden (same person)

I had bad experience with this one
hyjiko1075 Never received some of the iris I bought from him, and the one's he did send were sent in a yellow clasped envelope with the plastic bubble liners and with wrapped in wet tissues . the iris arrived with white mold all over them and very slimmy. I mean fishy slimmy, slimmy, they were cooked and shriveled and they became hard like as rocks can not even nick with shears A Paypal disputed was opened for items not received and also items received but not as discribed , seller has to respond to paypal & request items sent back to address they provide, he would not respond at all so Paypal ruled in my favor and took the money back from him and redisposited it my account, after wards I ended up having to block this seller from emailing me nasty emails on seeing his feedback, he is buying iris from the-country-garden so they will not be true to name and he said he is also going to get a web site next year and his iris garden is called Iris Hill farms out of Kentucky.
He claims he is a grower and a shipper of iris, he also bought wearing rubies from the-country-garden, any iris grower should have picked up the SDB Cat's Eye picture, used to sell a tall bearded iris. and a iris grower should know, you do not send out irises wrapped in wet tissues and inclosed in plastic lined yellow manilla envelopes used for sending regular mail

As far as contacting Paypal you must file a claim with in 45 days of buying the item, since her unexpecting buyers do not know they are getting ripped ,they leave her positive feedback and this shows other unexpecting buyers, oh this seller is a good one, they buy, leave postitive feedback and the cycle is started all over again. Not every person that buys iris knows about Dave's and they can look up an iris. It is sad that people end up getting ripped off and ebay does nothing to ban these dishonest sellers.

Just moving my irises up from another state & having lost some and replaced & planted last year, they have not increased enough to divide and start trading, but I am very interested in trading iris with other Dave's members.

I hope Joan or Margempv you do not pull this forum

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry I haven't been back to appreciate all the GREAT advice and reputable ebay iris folks:)
The rabbit chewed through my computer cable (he's fine!) but I swore up and down it was my dial up connection:lol:
I already bought one item so I'll just chalk it up to my impatience and ignorance and ignore this seller from now on. I don't keep up with the ebay mischief and normally don't buy iris there but I was swayed by a pretty picture and a 2fer:lol:

I'm saving that list of sellers above--very helpful. I've always wanted to ask what DGers are selling on ebay and their ebay name but wasn't sure if it was appropriate. Thank you all so much for the great advice and warnings--I'll be sure to plant the iris I receive apart and note where I got it so I can remember to see if it is indeed what it was supposed to be:)

Thanks everyone!!

Boaz, KY

OK -- I'll add to this thread -- when I got my iris rhizomes from her last summer, they came totally denuded -- no leaf fans, no roots -- just the bare rhizomes. They looked like skinny potatoes. I emailed her immediately and told her that I wasn't accustomed to iris rhizomes being shipped that way. She told me that that was the PROPER way to ship iris rhizomes -- that this way, all of the energy of the plant was confined to the rhizome. She told me that her grandmother was an iris IMPORTER from Holland, and that all of the rhizomes shipped out of Holland came this way. AND she assured me that these rhizomes would produce great big healthy plants, and big beautiful blossoms this spring. Well, she was right about one thing -- *most* of the rhizomes produced big healthy plants, but the three that bloomed (out of eighteen shipped) were certainly not big beautiful blossoms, and were certainly not the varieties advertised and sold. She is a liar and a scam artist. I can't believe that Ebay nor the Colorado Dept. of Agriculture would do anything to stop this ongoing online theft. I didn't know that you can go back (at Ebay) and revise feedback. I'm going to go and look into that -- for sure. Probably won't do anyone any good -- but it'll make me feel better.

West Bend, WI

I have sold irises on Ebay for the past 9-10 years, some years like this year I did not list much because I was moving, and moving all my gardens too. A nightmare...I never want to move again. :-)

I have also bought from some sellers on there with varied results. I just got some irises from greenriver_dr and they were very nice. I assume they will all bloom true to name, they seem very reputable.

I have bought irises from Dee, Kimmie, Gardenwitch, and Zebra gardens also with good results. I have also bought from a couple sellers on Lilyauction and got nice, correct plants.

Also, got ripped off by an Ebay seller who took everyone's money a few years back and shipped NOTHING and disappeared. Live and learn. People really need to pay attention to the general feeling of the feedback ratings. If someone sounds a little dodgy they probably are.

Irises are a unique situation regarding feedback. No way to go back and amend your feedback if iris is not what it should be. I guarantee my irises true to name and I mean it. I have had people email me the following year to id irises they bought from me. Not because what I shipped was wrong but they got the markers mixed up! It's not a problem to me to help straighten that out. Do I expect to send out a wrong iris here and there? Yes, it happens, we're all human. But I go to great pains to be accurate.

I don't even like to look at the auctions because when I see sellers with misnamed or made up name irises, miscategorized irises, stolen photos or incorrect photos, etc. it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I was one of the first sellers years ago to superimpose my user name and variety name on photos. I was having so many of my photos pirated it was sickening. I know there are people out there that are being taken advantage of. I have seen this person who uses Cat's Eye (SDB) photo to sell a TB iris. I emailed her last year about it and a few others and she blew me off with some nonsense and went right back to doing what she had been doing all along. Another seller last year, did anyone catch this one, was making up names for all their irises and selling them that way. I politely emailed and explained that named varieties indicate they are registered with that name with AIS. She was NOT happy to have me give my opinion and from then on put a message on AL L her auctions to the effect of "these are irises that I have named after people I know or family members. Some people have a problem with that. If you have a problem with that I suggest you GET SOME RELIGION!!!!" I had to laugh. What else can you do? Takes all kinds...

People who love irises try to PROMOTE irises. That means (to me) that I send healthy rhizomes (yeah, sometimes they are small but they tend to be that way in our state) that are correct. If they are small I try to include multiples or make up for it with even nicer gifts. In some cases I send the irises but also give a 100 percent refund of the iris. Yeah, not great for making money but I am more interested in selling off my excess irises and creating some new iris lovers! I also include nice and generous bonuses that are correctly named. I don't get rid of my NOIDS on customers...I get rid of them in my compost pile!

I just had to spout off here...thanks! And I am sorry to everyone that has been taken advantage of by unscrupulous and greedy people. Fortunately there are many good sellers. I think it makes sense to check here to see who is reputable.

Cheesy (jem300 on eBay)

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Linda,
Good to see you here :-)...great article.It really pays to be cautious and do your homework.
I have never been taken with iris but with DL a few times,once I even ended up with 2 clumps of orange ditchlilies,
Brigitte

Lebanon, OR

At least she blew you off, she would not or will not reply to me when I tell her there are no iris registered with the AIS with those names and also that 90% of what she list are NOT rebloomers.

She uses so many names.

The reason that the Ag dept will do nothing is she has NO LICENSE. The DA for CO will do nothing because she has no resale license, license nothing.

Great to see you jem:) thought you had left the planet.

She has stolen so many of mine, Pauls and Schreienrs and when we report to Ebay nothing. Paypal nothing.

All I can say is buyer KNOW your seller well unless you want crap. She used to buy all NOID and I felt and told her what I thought she was doing was taking them out of the box and putting a name on it and shipping it off. You would not know for one or two YEARS./

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Interesting thread. Glad I never have bought irises off ebay except from Zebra and actually I think I went directly to their website after seeing the ebay auctions. Been lurking though especially the green river ones.

South Hamilton, MA

Since I have never bought anything on e-bay, I can't think how to help. I would think that advertising in hort. publications would be too expensive for many smaller dealers. Hort. Magazine is no longer published & few public libraries unless they have a huge publication budget would carry the AIS Bulletin. There has to be some creative way to get reliable ads to the general public. Dishonest e-bay sellers give that entire method a bad name.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Ebay still has a lot of great sellers for other items I have purchased over the years and never had a problem, just with plants. It is that 1 year growing-blooming-proving factor I think they have found so useful to swindle you with. It is too bad for us that love Iris DL and just want to see the beautiful flower pictured blooming in front of you.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Before I joined DG I bought a few from greenriver_dr and they were huge, clean and bloomed true to name. Once I got more comfortable on the computer and making purchases online I tended to acquire more through co-ops or direct online purchases. I still get tempted by eBay when I see only one or two since there aren't those pesky minimum order limits:lol:

I am glad I asked even though I got twitchy and ordered the alleged "Savannah Sunrise":LOL: Time will tell I suppose:) Not the most expensive lesson I've ever learned but I'm glad the topic helped to make others aware of the problem with some of the sellers and that all of them aren't dishonest:) Now I know who some of ya'll are there so I know who to do business with.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

I am an avid ebay buyer and seller. It is a great forum for access to unique items and a large variety of plants. For the most part the only problem I have ever had was from a seller who did drop shipments with no refund. The product was crap and I did get my money back after a threat to report the fraud to the US postal service. That seemed to have more impact than anything else. Using the US Postal service to perpetrate a fraud is I believe, a big time felony. This was in addition to the other avenues for the reporting of fraudulent activity. I did buy some irises from this seller, I hope I get what I ordered. The rhizomes are decent in size and have trimmed leaves. I will have to wait and see what I get next spring. In the future I will do more research using the Garden Watchdog here at Dave's Garden. I have also read reviews of some of the commercial sellers that have been less than flattering so just because a grower uses ebay shouldn't automatically place them in a position of a potentially fraudulent dealer. Dishonesty can be found on many many websites. It just pays to do your homework. I really enjoy these forums and now have an additional resource to guide me in purchasing my plants.

Lebanon, OR

the iris fan, turtlejim (not selling) kimmie72, tn-tigger are all great sellers you will not be sorry as I have bought from them all and received as good as I would wish to receive.

D

Shepherd, MT

I think I do remember a seller on ebay last year and I do not know if it is the same one Gem is talking about, but they had nice pictures of iris and names like Mrs. such and such, I remember one iris was named Kentucky coalmine.
I e-mailed this seller and said I could not find info on these iris and if they were registered, they said no, it was there own line , they were naming after family and friends, I have not seen them on there this year.

The-Country-Garden Savannah Sunrise is the same picture Shreiners Garden uses for Firebreather, it is so wrong what she is doing to the people that by from her, I f I ripped as many people off like she does I would start feeling guilty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tall-Bearded-Iris-SAVANNAH-SUNSET-2-Plants_W0QQitemZ330350657935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea6f018f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

http://www.schreinersgardens.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SIGO&Product_Code=101041&Category_Code=DF

I am a repeat buyer of Greenriver, all iris I got last year bloomed this year and were true to name

I am from Colorado orginally, I held a business license in Denver, and you must have 3 licenses and the same will go for The-Country-Garden, Colorado has a state income tax you must report all income, and I say for the amount of money she is taking from people, she is in business.

Lebanon, OR

Well according to state records she does not have a license and they have not been able to prove she sells anything. They will not go on Ebay or Paypal to prove her sells either. I called and talked to the DA NOTHING, but you would think since she is USING the post office that the post offices would have records and they said they do not have the man power to check. I think that someday she is really going to tick someone off big time and pay!

D

Boaz, KY

Ridgebax -- I highly recommend that you return those rhizomes (if you bought them from The-Country-Garden in Colorado, and she always sells 2 plants for her price) and ask for a refund. Do not leave good feedback -- in fact, you have the opportunity to expose this woman to other Ebay buyers. Get out of the transaction if at all possible. You did not get what you bought, and when you have the proof in front of you next Spring, it will be too late. Even her picture is a lie -- I have Savannah Sunset in my garden and it does not look like her picture.

Boaz, KY

Oh -- by the way -- I DO have irises for sale on Ebay at this time. My first foray as an Ebay seller. My Ebay ID is marmar8145, and I'm selling a Grab Bag of 10 irises for $15.00. These are irises which include identified irises that I bought from Schreiners years ago, and a couple of unidentified (but beautiful) irises that I bought out of gardens here in Western Kentucky. It's a grab-bag because my markers disappeared between blooming time and digging time, so I can't identify the rhizomes that will be shipped -- but there were only five varieties in that bed, and the entire bed was dug up and the ten irises shipped will be of those varieties. I sweetened the pot with a bonus of two free irises, buyer's choice, out of three identified irises (including Savannah Sunset) and one unidentified. So far, I haven't had any takers -- so maybe it isn't the good deal that I thought it was. Or maybe people are afraid to buy because of sellers like The-Country-Garden.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm off to eBay to check it out:lol:

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I sell on Ebay sometimes but haven't lately due to the fees. After deciding not to put in the huge bed of irises that I had originally wanted at our new house ( too much time diging, weeding, etc!! I will have enough beds to deal with as it is.), I have a bunch of irises that I am going to have to let go. I have revised my trade list so everything in irises that is on there is available but I just can't keep them here another year. SO...whatever I don't trade on here within a couple of weeks...I have one pending...I guess I will go back to Ebay and sell so I will have the money to buy what I still need for landscaping. Most of my irises I have traded for on here or gotten from coops. Quite a few are historics. I would hate to trade or sell one that isn't right, but surely wouldn't do it on purpose.
I bought 3-4 last year from this person. I got rid of them. She/he has been discussed here as well as on another garden site for at least a year that I know of. People that bought from he/she last year are now finding that not a single one is right with quite a few being the common standard blue ones, the historic Iris pallida.
On Ebay, I am challenged2death ... which a lot of the time I feel like I am!! LOL!
debbie

Boaz, KY

Hi Debbie -- have you tried using Preen in your iris beds -- or any beds for that matter? That stuff is great!! It prevents weeds from growing, and they have a product with a fertilizer right in with the Preen so that both jobs are done at the same time.

Boaz, KY

Debbie -- I just went to your trade-list -- your irises are gorgeous!! There are several that I would love to have, but if you're getting rid of your irises, I have nothing to trade with you. :-(

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I see a few there I would like too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.