Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Kay there is something not right about you already sending an order off to Shumways.I havent even decided what i can get.
I want to know whats blooming anywhere right now and i want one too.
With my grey hair. It seems acceptable to go up close and personal to peoples flowers. They probably just figure Alshimers. Tho i did it pre grey hair too.
I remember the beautiful Azalias from when i drove thru ALA and GEO. Folks these were big beautiful flowers and they were everywhere.
I have one ponsettia i kept over(It did'nt bloom) and another i bought this year(this one has small red flowers that are ruffled)I sit them out in pots under a tree and they make pretty plants, Than all the leaves fall off when i bring them in.
I hear you about the last minute present. I bought 2 African violets on sale and gave one away.I've never grown them but at $2.50 a plant thought i'd try them.
I've got white clover started here for the bunnies and deer.
I've tried growing red clover but it don't like my red clay. It seems to grow well in the valley.

Midland City, AL

Thanks for the reminder, Cando1. I suppose this thread is getting too long, as well. Time to start a new one.
here is the new link.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065317/

This message was edited Dec 28, 2009 1:33 PM

This message was edited Dec 28, 2009 2:39 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.