CLOSED: What Are You Willing To Trade For It? *Seed Auction* # 3

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome to the seed auction!

This auction is hosted by Mekos, I am simply the coordinator. Please defer all questions, comments and inquiries to Mekos.

Up for bid is 10 Tiger Snake Vine seeds:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nindseed/kennig01b.jpg

and 10 Purple Hyacinth Bean seeds:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/151117/

Please bid in the form of Plant or Seed you are willing to trade ONLY.

Bidding will end at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, August 9.

**Please no chatting in the thread. Post only what you are willing to bid. Chatting can be done in the current 'Free Seeds For Newbies' Thread, located here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021765/

The winning bidder will be notified immediately following the auction's end via d-mail with instruction on where to mail the seeds. The winner will also be posted here on the thread.

Good Luck and have fun!

Also the winner of this auction will get a SURPRISE pack of seed. You will find out what the surprise is when the winner is announced. Good luck and start the bids.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

That snake vine is very kewl ; }

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

cue, that snake vine would look great in your goth garden.

She has it flower. I sent her seeds a while back.
Edited to say:
However, I don't think she has the SURPRISE seeds pack I also put up. But bet she would love to have them. Hehehe.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2009 10:34 PM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol... Seray also sent me the 'tigersnake' vine tho it was called something else... like black pea vine or something like that...hehehe

I cannot bid however, as i have nothing to trade now. :( Im pretty much done for the season.. unless i run across some awesome seed online or in local stores that is just too good to pass up.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2009 10:47 PM

How do you know what I wouldn't think was awsome or too good to pass up? Hummmmmm? They are also called black coral bean vine. Like the red ones I put up last week, only these are black. Hey you can also bid plants or cuttings or seeds or combinations of these. NO bid is too small or insignificant. Cue, flower. vegetable or what have you can be bid. The object is to have fun.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2009 11:01 PM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL, mekos... I meant something I couldnt pass up. as for cuttings and plants, well, what i have left has already been traded, just a matter of boxing up and shipping off. Thats not to say I wont be keeping my eyes open for seeds and plants to use as trades later.. after all, the fall seed catalogs are trickling in daily. WOOT!

Orlando, FL

hi all,
well i have 1 red spider lily bulb, 10 daffodil bulbs unknown color, and 50 plus Golden Trumpet Tree Tabebuia chrysotricha, and a 10 plus agapanthus seeds purple
blond

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

mekos,
what is the zone on those? I haven't bid on anything as most won't grow in my zone. I like that and would like to bid but if not hardy here won't do me any good.

I'm in zone 7 and most of the tropicals are zone 8 and above, but you can grow them in pots and keep outside for the spring summer into fall and before first frost,take them in as house plants or put in greenhouse, until spring again and then back outside. Most people go without these plants because of the zone thing, but if you leave your house plants outside in winter, they wouldn't be here in spring either, so treat as house plants and grow what you like. That is what I do and I don't miss out because of my zone. Just grow in pots. Then save seeds for the next year if you don't want to keep the whole pot inside through the winter, save the seeds and re-plant early spring.

Hey Blondie, I take it you really want these seeds! Great bid. I KNOW you will love the surprise seed if you win. This is a great batch of seeds to keep for yourself or trade for something someone else has that you want. AND these will make GREAT trades.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

oh mekos I have so many things in pots now I am not sure if I am going to have room in the GH for all them now. LOL I have 2 giant Crinum liles I have to store plus 3 Split leaf Philos and all of my begonias and coleus, pony tail palm and so many other I can begin to name all of them, and I am going to need room to be able to start plants for the garden next year and some of the perennials I want next year.

Get some of those stackable shelves at walmart or lowes and layer them. That is what I do. vines can hang from the backbone and pots on the floor with string running up for them to climb on and you just clip string in spring to remove them. Where there is a will there is a way, but I have lots of new seeds already shipped to me and will arrive in a few days, so hard choice. Lots of goodies to come.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL I would buy some of the shelves but most of my stuff has grown so much that they wouldn't fit on the shelves. LOL About the only thing that would is the begonias and coleus The split leaf is huge and I have 3 so you can imagine the room they will take up and the ponytail isn't any too small. Plus my Peace lily is huge. This is why I have been trying to get rid of the brugs and I think I have managed to get the most of them give away

Well you could send me a crinum lily and get that one out of your way right now. I think that would work.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well if you can wait until they start dying down I will lift them out of the pot and see if there are any bubils and if there is I'll send you some. The main bulb is almost as big as the pot I have them in. I really need to find bigger pots for next year for them.
The name of them Is Silver Queen

This message was edited Aug 6, 2009 3:54 PM

SO far we have a bid of:
1 red spider lily
10 daffodil bulbs
50 golden trumpet tree seeds
10 Agapanthus seeds-purple
BID by Blondie
Get those bids in, tomorrow night at 8:00pm is the cut off for these seeds. See you then.

Flowerfantasy, is that a possible bid?

Orlando, FL

yes sir eee, i have them all lol and if i can get some i will get some poison bulb, bulbs, tonight will add them if i get them
it might be more than 50 of the golden trumpet tree seeds i have millions of them
blondie

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

No mekos, it isn't cause I don't know if I will have any bubils or not this year,and won't know until I can lift them from the pot and that's not going to be for awhile yet.

Just teasing ya flower.hehehe. I knew, just like pulling everyones chain.

Those SURPRISE seeds COULD be 5 red magnolia seed, NOT saying they are, but sure could be. Anyone else interested, now? I MIGHT have managed to find 5 of them, maybe not, but maybe so.

OF course they could be 5 seeds to red wisteria vine, too, but they probably are one or the other.Hehehe.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh I knew you were just teasing, but I am going to send some if I have any. One of these days your going to put something up for grabs that I can grow in my area without having to GH it and then I find something to bid with. LOL

you will have to tell me what you'd be interested in. I'm all ears. (Some of my seeds I sowed, didn't sprout so I got to try and up-date my have list one of these days.) BUT give me some ideas.

OK, tonight is the night to announce the winner of the auction. Only about 30 minutes left.

AND THE WINNER IS: BLONDIE with the bid of 1 red spider lily,10 daffodil bulbs, 50 golden rain tree seeds, 10 agapanthus seeds -purple. CONGRATULATIONS BLONDIE. send me d-mail with address info. AND THE SURPRISE SEEDS ARE: YOUR choice from my stash. Let me know what you decide.

NEW SEEDS UP FOR BID:
DWARF ANGEL TRUMPET COLLECTION-white, purple and yellow. BALLERINA MIXED(datura) ---(10 seeds)
These are very small plants that grow in containers on the patio.

ALSO: 2 Seed PODS(lots of seeds in the pods) OF CANDY LILY

ALSO: CRAPE MYRTLE PURPLE --- (10 seeds)
These have large blooms and very fragrant. This is the GIANT Crape Myrtle tree.

ALSO : ( 1 ) will include ONE small seedling of Crape Myrtle tree _white _ to winning bid.
Any one interested in these seeds and little tree, get your bids ready.

Congratulations to Blondie for the winning bid ending tonight and GOOD LUCK with this one.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2009 8:36 PM

Sarasota, FL

seed auction # 4 ???
mekos starting a new thread??/

NO new thread until wednesday night after winner announced. We make a new one every wednesday night at 8:30pm. Just use this one until then.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok, here is my bid:

1 spirited, polite and very handsome (if i do say so myself) 11 year old boy.

1 very independent and ornery 2 year old male black cat

1 very sweet and cuddly 3 month old female kitten.

oh... and 1 very hungry carnivorous herb named 'lucy'.. just mind the fangs...

ROTFLMAO!

Remember the rules? ONLY BID WHAT YOU CAN SEND! I think I'll take this as the winning bid and stop the auction now.hehehe Bag em up.

Sarasota, FL

cant top kittens and kids

but will offer floss silk tree(chorisia imp.) 20
yellow trumpet tree seeds (tabebuia carib.) 20
dwarf poinciana 20
and red cardinal climber vine 20

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

seriously tho... wish I had something to bid with mekos.. the purple crepe myrtle alone is worth a big bid :)

That sounds good Davesrq. Good luck. Cue, I don't think they will let us bid anything except plants and seeds. Darn, and I wanted that cute kid.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

well, darn.. he woulda made a a wonderful 'extra' grandkid...LOL

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

OK I am going to bid this time aroound. hehehe.
Not counting seeds either just throwing a good amount in small bags except for the one seed and it will be counted. here goes.

Rose of Sharon lavender
4 salmon Canna seeds
1 small bag of unknown amyrillis seed
1 small bag of hosta seed Mid West magic
1 small bag of Clematis virginnia

Hey, flower, that sounds good too. Good luck to you. NO kids thrown in the mix? I'm kinda hoping for another grandkid.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

No I don't have to worry about giving kids away. They aren't at home to bug me. Saying Thanks to the Lord for that. I love my kids but I am glad they are old enough to take care of themselves now. I have more to add if need be. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.