Where's Catscan?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dr. Doolotz I am sure dear Catscan has total confidence in the diviness of your fair isle palazzo pants as do we all. I think tuxedo pants might also be in order, with some sparkly rhinestones knitted up the sides. Very chic. Yes I am in the federal witness protection program. That's why I live in Canada.

Lodi, United States

My silvery tinkling LAUGH did indeed make the photographic experience more tolerable.....

Big-donkied palazzo knitted Fair Isle pants....? Maybe not....of course some largish things are divinely proportioned and a delight to behold, expecially in the privacy of one's own farmyard.

Have you asked Kelly about the advisability of this venture? Or are you far too liberated to do that....I know had I it mind I would not ask anyone--wouldn't be advisable...no, not indeed.....

I do like the idea of the bells, though. Then they would not be palazzo-style, but a more restrained "bell (belle?) bottom.

Clarkson, KY

OooohGollylollylolly!!!! The Belle's Bell-Bottom's Bells!!!! LaAAaaaa!!! Better-than-bottom-bells....

haHAh, hoHOo....

Lodi, United States

Paisona, dalhlianut! We must get together and trade aliases.....did they tell you how to be a Canadian?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am not knitting them for my donkey. They are for me! Are you calling a size 14 big-donkied? Oh dear, I must get myself to the gym methinks. Such an affront to my delicate nature!

I don't ask Kelly about the advisability of anything unless it is related to plumbing or electricity. I am fiercely independent and do as I wish. He probably doesn't even know what palazzo pants are. And it would probably take at least 10 minutes to explain the big-donkied play on words.

In fact, last week (or so) when Marshmallow transitioned from 4 feedings a day to 3 feedings a day, I had to advise him on the change in the daytime feeding for while I am at work. I said "We were feeding her 4 times a day, but now it will be 3 times a day. Since we feed about 7 in the morning and about 10 at night, the 3rd feeding will be at about 3 pm. Can you do that dear?" And he said "Ummm....but I am still supposed to feed her at 1 and 4, right?"

I rest my case. He will not be consulted regarding the Fair Isle anything.

I can offer excellent advice on how to be a Canadian.

Lodi, United States

I want my house back!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_House

And look! We were Royalists--not Puritans. Although the Submit and Lowly side were....Then there were the Starbucks...but they were whalers and never ever grew coffee. ..Nobody seems to have done much with poultry.....

149] Tristram Coffin Sr. came from Devons, England to New England in 1642 with
his wife Dionis Stevens, 5 children, his mother Joanna, and two sisters,
Eunice and Mary Coffin. He was of Haverhill in 1642, of Salisbury, MA
about 1644/5, of Newbury 1648, and then to Nantucket in 1659. Freeman
Haverhill 1645. When Nantucket was formed, Tristram Coffin Sr. moved there
with his wife, mother and four children. Then many Coffins of Nantucket
are descended from Tristram Coffin Sr. The Coffin family in England were
of the "?Canded gentry". They were not Puritans. Tristram Coffin Sr. was
a Royalist by education and environment.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 7:24 PM

Lodi, United States

How exactly did you find this woman?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12785085@N05/1551947707/

Even better with your biker jacket and stiletto heels:

Thumbnail by Catscan
Clarkson, KY

Heh...see this is where all the funny reasoning behind that guess comes in...Same royalist, but southern...I recognize the whole shebang...

[excerpt] from http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~halstead/d1.html
Henry Halstead, son of Nathan Halstead and Isabell (Halstead), was born about 1626 in Middleton, Lancashire, England. Henry had come to America as a child in 1635. His family arrived in Concord, Massachusetts as members of the Bay Colony Company. Henry came to Elizabeth City County, Virginia with six others with Captain Christopher Burroughs on November 7, 1651.

But as far as I know, most of my forebears were VERY boring...

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Zeesh, whilst I was baking a blackberry pie and cooking dinner you all went on nattering without me. To terminate the anguish of extreme curiosity, I guessed by using the clues that Catsy so kindly and snickeringly offered - to wit: "Two people have guessed and I am not wearing a necklace." Ergo, it could only have been the lass in white, looking mildly mischievous in the back of the group.

I am off to do something constructive; I don't know what yet.

Leslie

Lodi, United States

Most of mine probably were too--but we never talk of them.

Leslie--you were the most level-headed of the bunch, so you were hard to distract with persiflage.
I would like to do something constructive..someday. Do come back and tell us what it's like!

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 8:29 PM

Clarkson, KY

Who else but Leslie and I guessed? Claire only said NO....?! And I guessed the one in red 3rd...which would....rrrghhh....

Lodi, United States

Porkpal, my firey Royalist! Porkpal guessed and for the same reasons as Leslie.

Only you, grownut, had the inner light...the laser-like vision into my soul, the seemless passage into the dark recess of my mind--no wonder you were confused and disturbed.

There is probably a lawsuit there if you are in the mood to file one.....

How many people out there have Serama?...Hands UP!

Clarkson, KY

Porkpal guessed AFTER you said 2....boy am I fired up....now if your mind were like those psychedelic Mandelbrots I would've been soothed into oblivion HOURS ago........instead....y'know "abstruse" is a really good word...........I like it...

no Serama, go Serama, 3 Serama, Foooour...

Lodi, United States

Five Serama, Sick Serama, Seven Serama, Pooooor....

Can anyone see her eyes? Is she at all mollified?....I am afraid. Tiny, Southern Royalists are really, really dangerous....

Clarkson, KY

Especially those of us who wear silver bells...I'm only shooting sparks to hide the laughter...how DID I get so very het up about all of this?! lalalalaaa...stuck a feather in her cap and called it ma-ca-ro----ni---!!

If it helps, I'm only vertically tiny....

Lodi, United States

No--I am all too aware of the explosive temperament of the Southern Gentry...you cannot deceive me. My maternal grandfather was from the Bethunes of Tennessee....small, clever and dangerous.....Barnetts too...and Randolphs as in "Boots"--Dear Uncle "Bootsy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6QnQb4fIto

(See, I am attempting to placate her with a traditional musical offering.....You have heard perhaps of "Yakety Sax"? Yep, that was Uncle Bootsy!)

Wait, "Yakety," wasn't that another thread?

Where is Beadmom? She hasn't left for France yet, has she?

Backing slowly out of the Forum......

Catsy, my constructive venture deteriorated into the watching of La Gloire de Mon Père, so I failed miserably. Sorry to be such a wretched rôle model!

By the way, my forebears were mostly Hungarian, if you want true madness. My uncle even had a circus....

I did dehydrate some zucchini chips sprinkled with Old Bay, but they were a trifle weird so I don't know that they'd count.

Why is Beadmom going to France and may I come?

Leslie

Backing slowly away and to bed....

Lodi, United States

Hungarians! I love Hungarians! And their food......although Old Bay Zucchini chips may push the envelope. Still, however unwise, finding something novel to do with excess zucchini is a noble goal.

Beadmom is going to France to torment us.

Clarkson, KY

Now that was absolutely lovely....and yes I know the hymns.

Been going backwards all day...why stop now? G'night and thanks all!!

Clarkson, KY

oops. dehydrating zucchini chips now... sautee 'em Korean style...(gotta soak 'em first)

Recipe please! I just sliced 'em raw, sprinkled 'em with Old Bay, and voilà! Some other treatment might be better.

Clarkson, KY

Slice 'em raw and dry 'em. When winter rolls around (or as soon as they're ready...) soak them til thoroughly softened. Take out, squeeze off the water and pat dry. Into a hot frying pan put a nice dollop of sesame oil. Heat it and throw the zucchini in. Now some yummy garlic and a little soy sauce and mirin. YUMMMMMM...sesame seed and minced green onion for pretty right as you're taking it off the heat. Works with dried eggplant too.

Richmond, TX

HOW do you dry eggplant?

Clarkson, KY

Well...I use the oriental eggplant for starters...long and skinny and the skin is much thinner....but otherwise slice (usually on a diagonal for pretty) and stick in the dehydrator or out in the sun. Fell in love with this method of food preservation when I got into Korean cooking. Wonderful. Daikon works too...more work as it's juicy stuff.

Now if I could just keep the flea beetles from eating it all so I actually HAVE some to dry....

Richmond, TX

I don't have a dehydrator and with our humidity I fear It might take days to dry in the sun; can it be done in the oven?
Hope I'm not keeping you up...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OMG what has been going on since I was out enjoying dinner and libations. I can't even get this all straight.

No hymns known here.

Grow, I said NO but only because I knew the truth, and was trying to disperse herrings. Red or otherwise.

Oh dear, too much Sauvig*on Bl*nc for me, I cannot keep it all straight.

No Southern gentry in this family tree!

And that is NOT the woman with the Fair Isle leg adornments that I had located. No no no. The one I found is on Ravelry and MUCH more demure. As am I. Harrumph!

Lodi, United States

Did you check the link, Moxie?....no, I thought not...certainly the second biker chick picture (from London) is not the same woman....but the link...Oh yes indeedy...she reclines seductively with a "come knit with me" gleam in her eye......

You might be surprised about how far the limbs of you family tree have spread.....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OH! You mean THAT link! Whoops. Yes, same lady, and she is on Ravelry. That is how I found her. But you, Catscan, should definitely, absolutely NOT join Ravelry. No no no. It is not the ultimate in cool and funky knitting sites and there is not a huge library of knitting patterns including many awesome socks. Nope. Nothing of interest there. Ahem. Move right along now, nothing to see there.

Clarkson, KY

Porkpal...I found this that says a little about oven drying.

http://farmgal.tripod.com/Dehydrate.html
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:-87XoVg1wA4J:extension.usu.edu/files/publications/presentation/pub__4626534.ppt+home+food+dehydrating+oven&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I think a cheap home dehydrator would be a better alternative though...
I did see one idea about hanging screens in a closed car...yummy. Mine was cheap and gotten at Wally World.

Claire, I didn't believe or trust that blithe and blissful attitude...but neither did I think NO constituted a yes-guess...herrings and Sauvignon...hmmm...

edited for archaic spelling I think...

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 11:18 PM

Lodi, United States

Somehow I see you in this, Moxon....there must be a sheep for it....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12785085@N05/2087714616/in/photostream/

Clarkson, KY

Amen.

Lodi, United States

Soused herrings....very Scandinavian....

Soused Moxon....not so much.....:0o

Clarkson, KY

Oh dear...do Scandinavian herrings turn red when they are soused or...??? Do red Scandinavians souse herrings or....g'nite!!

Richmond, TX

Thanks, Grow, sun drying sounds better all the time - we certainly have the heat for it this year.

Cat, I agree, great hat!

Clarkson, KY

I've used our trampoline fairly successfully before...

Richmond, TX

Grownut I think we're keeping you up past your bedtime...

Richmond, TX

Not referring to the trampoline, but the soused herrings. Good night all.

Lodi, United States

I believe soused Scandinavians are the origin of the Aurora Borealis....

'Night grow...
'Night porkpal...

This message was edited Aug 1, 2009 12:28 AM

Clarkson, KY

Nah...DH hasn't gotten home from work yet, so a late night here...am I acting more than usually insane? 11:30 is pretty close to too late for any intelligence though, lol. Of course today has been pretty much of a piece, there...

Richmond, TX

Are they the only ones that see it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.