Where's Catscan?

Lodi, United States

I am here....somewhere......

Thumbnail by Catscan
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oooh, these are like those school photos where you are with 200 kids and you can't even find yourself....welll....not that bad maybe....

A very fine looking group of folks indeed!

Care to give us any hints?

Ferndale, WA

Hey Something is wrong with this pic, haystack

UHUH: I knew it next to the tall guy in black, in the very back. Great job ZZ's

She should have been called (peanut)LOL

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 6:36 PM

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Lodi, United States

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking....:0)

Okay...I do not have to register for the draft and I have little, if any, facial hair.

They took the picture from a crane....why I do not know.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I know I know!!! OOOO

HINT....

She is not wearing glasses.

She does not have real short hair.

Lodi, United States

I don't have fake short hair either.....

Lodi, United States

Hint Haystack--despite ZZ's comments, I am not vertically challenged.

Clarkson, KY

Dang. Gut instinct says front and center with the necklace. In black. Or failing that, back center in white. (the OTHER side of that guy, Hay!) But hmmm...a whopping 5'1 and 1/2'' myself, NOBODY in that picture looks vertically challenged. And why am I just committing thoughtlessly....siiighhh....

should look...deceptively sweet...have a fiendish twinkle hiding somewhere in the corners of her eyes...straight hair, long-ish...traditional attire....lalalaa....dunno...

y'know...pass or fail here and extremely bad odds...ha-rrrumph.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's possible she is wearing a bright red shirt, to be cheery, and because she works with tomatoes...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh this is like the Were is Waldo books!! So much fun!!!
I am with Grow. In the black jacket front row. Cant wait til the truth is revealed. ;)

Clarkson, KY

Eww...lol.

sorry...but...wearing red to be cheery and work with tomatoes...I would be shattered if she did that I think...unless it were in a fit of pique about some weird office imbroglio which she considered horribly beneath her...the mind boggles... boggleboggleboggleboggle.....

Clarkson, KY

Hey Sewin!!

Clarkson, KY

{{anyone notice the ridiculous number of views this is getting?? BOY does she have us going!!! lolol!!}}

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

What about the gal in the front but 2nd row with the short sleeved black shirt on....very businesslike, but happy looking, quite possibly a candidate I should think!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

She's a clever hamster, that one!

Clarkson, KY

See, now for me, (discussing her like she ain't here....) there's just not sufficient MISCHIEF in her eyes...Catscan ought to be practically oozing quirky schemes...

Lodi, United States

Well, I have been outed--although the outee does not know it.

Next useless hint: I am half Swedish and half Scottish...and one of the candidates is all Scottish and we don't look much alike at all.

And grownut knows me far too well.....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

You can't possibly be the girl in the white shirt in the back on the OTHER side of that guy.....why....she doesn't look at day over 18! Nah,...can't be.....

Lodi, United States

Okay.

Clarkson, KY

Mmmmglory....no help. Claire's lady in black that I said wasn't quirky enough looks least like the rest...in general physical appearance...and since I'm a know-it-all and the outee doesn't know it does that mean it's one of Claire's guesses? The red, but for different reasons than those postulated by our own dear Dr Doolotz? ughh. patience of a five year old, yup...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

From the expression of the man in the light blue shirt slightly left of center, I would say that the man in the pinkish-red shirt behind him has just given him a wedgie...

Lodi, United States

The mild lady in black is actually a stunning, naturally beautiful, incredibly intelligent genetic analyst. It is a horrible picture of her.

Could it be me?

Let me say only that I am reasonably vain.

Lodi, United States

The wedgee is the other genetic analyst--proving that genetic analysis is not pretty.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Told you guyz she didn't look anything close to her age!!!!!

Grownut you are good.. :)

Clarkson, KY

Wait...Catscan...are you the outee? Then who's the outer?

Yup. Definite wedgie.

The mild lady in black...hmmm...not sure either looks mild...stunning, naturally beautiful, incredibly intelligent genetic analyst, maybe...but the mild bit throws me...

Clarkson, KY

Wait...seriously? Lady Mischief Eyes? Did Sewin' and I get it?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

No..

Lodi, United States

Two people have gotten it and I am not wearing a necklace.....that is all you need to know to find me.

This reminds me of the logic section of the GRE--I think they discontinued it, but I was so bad at it it was tragic.

"If Ruby's dog is walked on Wednesdays and Fridays and hates Sally's dog; and Sally's dog is walked every other day, and Betty's dog cannot be walked on the same day as Louis's who is walked with Ruby's once a week, and Sally has a restraining order out against Benjamin who walks his dog with Betty, while Louis is under treatment for border personality disorder and loves Betty, how many days per week are Ruby, Benjamin, Louis, Betty and Sally charged with public disorder?"

Or: http://www.puzzlersparadise.com/article1021.html

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 4:27 AM

Clarkson, KY

Depends on how often there are random police out there to charge 'em or someone bothers to call......unless it's none because I didn't have the patience to figure out that that doesn't form ANY pattern.....

Has to be one of Claire's two since they are the only ones guessed twice and not vetoed. I guessed that the one in black was most likely half Scots (Scottish?) and half Swedish, or the red for other reasons than tomatoes. Catsy clarified that she is only reasonably vain about her amazing good looks....which may or may not mean she's in black...

And what on earth I am good at that would lead me here I haven't a clue.......surely not patient analysis!!

Lodi, United States

No, grow. You are very good....you are just second guessing yourself:0)

Claire is not to be trusted--she has expanded her menagerie to include fish, especially red herrings.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

We didn't have the GRE in Canada, but there is a logic section on the LSAT, which was my favourite. Also, when I was a child (heck, even when I was in college) I would buy those books of logic problems and do some before bed every night, just for fun. I think that makes me more of a geek than Catscan. Geesh.

Oh, now I read knitting books before bed and they make me cry.

Lodi, United States

Don't cry Moxon--knitting is very logical and you can rely on muscle memory for most of it.

The childhood logic puzzle solving does indeed raise your geek rating considerably....I couldn't even finish the logic section on the GRE--fortunately the rest of the world is so amazingly irrationally that I scored highly on the curve...Actually not approaching life logically is probably a useful adaptation and not a weakness....:0)

You can generate the Mandelbrot set with a simple algebraic formula--but you can't predict what it will look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFzxRBERaT4&feature=related

Clarkson, KY

Oh Lordy, let us NOT do algebra. I have to fully understand and internalize before I can remember that stuff...

Y'ever notice when people say you're second guessing yourself they don't tell you how or when or where?? There ought to be some gawdawful Mandelbrot-esque formula for that too...with all the second guesses of the second guesses of the second guesses spinning out of control ad infinitum....rrrgggghhh....

Lodi, United States

Take a deep breath, grow. Go back to your original guess and use what you've learned......

Did you look at the Mandelbrot video? I put it in for mature hippies everywhere--and there is nice explanation of the set on the "more info" under the poster's name.

geek...geek...geek...geek......

Clarkson, KY

This ITCHES my brain...

Lodi, United States

Then SCRATCH it!

Clarkson, KY

Now see...of my original guess...only the one in the necklace was actually picked twice...and then nixed. I had a nice theory about the lady in white using bangs to foil an irritating corporate scheme whereby all employees were traumatized by a photographer in a crane for no intelligent reason and while the letter of the law must be obeyed the spirit of the intelligent independent thinking individual required that she put bangs across her face to make a conscientious objection...but....none of that means anything if she wasn't guessed twice...and all the rest of that first post was entirely subjective...applicable to any one of the four main subjects....erm....

Looked at Mandelbrots til I got queasy...stopped

Does that constitute trepanning, I wonder.......

Lodi, United States

Queasy...yes, now I am too.

But your insights are compelling....

Clarkson, KY

If I could curse here......

Richmond, TX

Grow's first guess was the front center in black with necklace. We now know - no necklace - so it must in back to the tall guy's left?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.