A PEEK AT MY JULY GARDENS

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, We got an incredible down pour for an hour today. I keep hoping for more. Your Shastas are looking great.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Gita, That is what they are. Critter did mis ID them as Not Chocolate Daisies. She changed them to Heliopsis helianthoides var. scabra. I could never remember the changed name so I have been calling them "Not" Not Chocolate Daisies.
Your Shastas look great.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ahem.....

In case no one has noticed--It is now AUGUST!!!!!

Who wants to start the next month's Thread?????

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just wish the darn squirrels would confine their walnut and hickory planting to the woods. Ric

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

MY PURPLE MILLET..........................is getting to old to trust for germination. Better hunt up some fresh seed. I had poor germination....very poor this spring. I shall be buying a fresh start if I want to grow next spring.

Here is my August Arbor. Lots of stuff going on including the base set up with pots.

Thumbnail by docgipe
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looking good.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Love the rich color of the wood in your arbor Doc. Looks like a great place to visit and reflect.

It will take that light colored rough cut uncured mill wood about five years to cure into a natural grey phase color. If it does not look nice grayed out I will then stain it back into the tan-brown color balance.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, that is turning in to a very nice spot. Really looking good. ;-} BTW my Violets are blooming. They sure look nice, thanks so much for giving them to me.

I will also add............the arbor and the growth this year upon it have pretty well broken up the brash light yellow of my one neighbors house. This is true of two different neighbors. The hindsight is that I could have purchased that lot for three gran twenty years ago. Not now!

My excuse was I did not want the extra mowing. Either way I lost.....he paid thirty gran for the lot four years ago. 'Aint hindsight a great thing? LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, Hope you had a nice trip. I'm currently in the Sunshine state, trying to help out my dad. The trip was unplanned to say the least It is turning out to be bust, the restoration contractor I was supposed to meet with Thursday flew to Kentucky the same night I got here to meet him. Dad has been in a motel since Mothers day because of a fire at his home and it is getting a little stressful for him. I hope to have better news by the time I get home Tuesday. Holly, I know you'll see this so, I Love and miss Ya' Babe. Ric

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Doc, your Arbor and the flower pots look very nice. I realy like the color of your shed. The stone wall is pretty too.

Nice comments........thank you all. That stain is called bamboo. Cured bamboo does indeed look about that color based on a couple old fishing rods of mine and a wind chime one of my associates has.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.