It's July! What's Happening in Your Neighborhood part 2

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009430/

Everyone is welcome to post your weather or just chat a while!

Sorry guys, I've been sick the last couple of days. I'll catch up in a little while.

79.3 °F
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 71 °F
Wind: 5.4 mphfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 82 °F
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Through 1155 am...scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms continue to develop across northeast Florida. The showers are moving east at 25 to 30 mph.The heaviest activity will move into areas Hatch Bend...oleno State Park...Bell...Gainesville...Hampton and Middleburg. Expect...brief gusty winds...heavy downpours and dangerous cloud to ground lightning with thunderstorm activity.

Today
Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. High 85. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

We're abnormally cool, but I won't complain LOL! My newest bloom, can't find the tag.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread, Sharon. Sorry you've been sick. Nothing drastic, I hope?

LOL Ric!

Pepper, glad you caught the mole! Cute but destructive.

76.5 °F with 93 for the high. The lawn is mowed and watered. Now to relax.
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 43 °F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.83 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 77 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Here you go, folks! 'Mater Soup!!!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 10:05 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, As I post about painting color is so wrong! Oh, I was so disappoint and sure it waste for nothing...

It was Cincinnatian Hotel Dominica ( very pastal yellow)...

So, I get the right color again this time some young guy at Lowe's is not reading what I show to them...

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! Well, we had an interesting week end....Saturday morning at 8:24 we had an earthquake w/ the epicenter almost right under the house! It registered 2.8 on the rictor. Poor Jack was scared to death & didn't show up until later (6:30 pm). LOL! We thought that another tree had fallen on the house!
The rest of the day went pretty good, tho.

Ric, I didn't have a tripod or remote, but I did manage to get a few good pics. And it didn't rain enough to dampen the spirit OR the fireworks. :) Love what you've done w/ the walkway! LOL! Wu is right-on w/ the safety! LOL!
Adina, Your yard looks really great! So many neat things!
Kiska!!!! Yippeee!!! :D When they go to seed you can have even more for next year! :D And btw...I love your Rose! What a Gorgeous pink! :D
Bernie, You had a lot of neat things for the flea market....nice set-up!
Mau, The Amaryllis is perking right along! :D I finally got all of the wild grape & PI (the 2 plagues in my yard) away from it yesterday, so I'll get a pic of it today. :)
Celia, I do hope that you are feeling better!
Pepper! What a Gorgeous Oriental Lily! Love that color! :D
Sharon, Thanks for the new thread...What a be-u-ti-ful! little flower! I hope you find the tag! Is it a vine?

Oh! yea! The weather! LOL!
Clear: 81°F
Feels like: 82°F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 63°
Humidity: 54%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 5 mph N
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 8:47 PM
UV Index: 10 Very High

A little 'fire' as JW calls it...He loved it!
Have a great day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sharon, I hope you're feeling better now. Your flower looks like a cosmos.

Rusty, I hope you didn't paint much with the wrong color. That's got to be frustrating the the people at the store gave you the wrong color.

Joey, earthquake under the house - well I never! Did it make a lot of noise? That's the thing that I always notice, how much noise the house makes. This house is probably pretty loose. It has been through two major earthquakes and a bunch of minor ones in its life. Do you have mine subsidence where you live? (I guess the whole state of WV hasn't been mined, but if you told me it was, I'd believe you.) That's a big thing where my mom and dad live. A school in their neighborhood had to be abandonned because of mine subsidence.

If you're outside in the sun, it feels hotter than this. The UV is almost like up in the Rockies.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 51 min 34 sec ago
84 °F
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.88 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 83 °F
UV: 12 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

Christmas cactus that doesn't know what time of year it is

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Maybe it thinks it in Australia!

That's it! The upside down pot makes it think it's "down under".

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I already did paint all the one room so too late! lol... I'm not bother paint again so I did remove carpet and foam thing also too many staples on floor and wood with nails up... So, I did clean mop and vac about 4 times then use steam mop twice... It's so much dirt under the rug! So, I have 2 more room to remove living room and my 1st bedroom... All floor is wood expect hall way, bathroom and kitchen need upgrade so it too much to remove it then replace on floors...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rusty I helped w/ the Kitchen Remodel at the Cincinnatian Hotel! LOL!

Company just popped in...Real quick and I'll BBL.

We are 16' into the boardwalk...

Ric

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 11:08 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

Wow, that looks great!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Wow! Ric! Looks really Great!
Rusty, I think that I would have Ric redo it for ya! ;)
Kelli, It Did make a lot of noise. It sounded like an explosion. They said that it was 11 kilometers down...I think that's about 8-9 miles. Actually there are no mines in this county or in the surrounding counties. I Love that pot! :D
Mau, Here it is...

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kelli that's an outstanding...er......outhanging pot!
Never seen anything like it.

A 2.8 is a big Quake for there.
Course Kelli or Rann wouldn't have even felt it....lol!

I edited the post it's 16' of Boardwak done not 26'.
It's been a bear figuring out where we're going w/ it.
There is a concrete pad next to it under the swing.
The swing is moving out... a toolshed/workshop is moving in.
Course you know us it ain't going to be your normal workshop.... lol!

The owner of the converted garage next door is asking WAY to much but we'd LOVE to have it.
I think it would be cool to drop "Oh you can stay in our guesthouse by the pond." into a conversation.....

It was hotter and drier today.
Maybe 85° for a high. Nice breeze. 66° now AHHHHHH....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Joey – OMG! How scary! I’m glad Jack came back home…poor baby. I think it’s a Cosmos – not a vine. Very pretty blooms though. Pretty “fire”!
Kelli – Thanks for the ID! Interesting info on the mine subsidence. Cool pot! Maybe because the Christmas cactus is upside down it thinks it is in Australia! And now I’m a little too late for that comment LOL!
Ric – The boardwalk looks great!

75.9 °F
Rain Mist
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 70 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.83 in (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2700 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3500 ft
Overcast 10000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Now
Through 630 am...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms are expected in an area from St Marys...the Jacksonville Metro area and Palm Valley westward to Lake Butler...Gainesville to Trenton. Showers and storms will move east to northeast at around 25 mph. Brief locally heavy rainfall is expected in some places. Heaviest rainfall amounts up to near 1 inch through 630 am will be located from around Kingsley to High Springs.

Today
Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 85. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Just try making up the bed!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sharon your cat's broken..... lol!

Curently 64° and cloudy here this morning but supposed to get near 80 and sunny?

Ric

(Zone 3b)

56*F~highs again to 70's-80's. The record is 84 set in 2003. The smoke from all the fires near Fairbanks has caused haze that has really settled here in the valley. The mountains were barely visible yesterday; a little better this morning.
MySharon~get well soon~thanks for the new thread and cute little kitty helper.
ric~the photo on the previous thread, Turnagain Pass, was taken at the rest stop along the road. The pass is open year-round and is a very popular snow-machining area in the winter. The board-walk is beautiful- I really like the cedar.
Adina~your landscaping/yard/garden are wonderful. It's been great watching your progress as it's been developed. Very nice.
Joey~the "fire" is beautiful. The quake must have been quite a surprise; glad all's well.
kelli~the Christmas cactus is fantastic~certainly unique in presentation, too.
I'll be sure to save seeds, Joey. Again, thanks so much.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Ric, I'm going to steal your idea for the walk. I really, REALLY like how that is turning out. Love the flowers.

Sharon, glad you're better. Boo needs to not be so cute. Makes me want to snuggle her and take her home! LOL

68.9 °F with 85º for the high. Cooler than yesterday's temps.
Clear
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: 2.7 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 13.5 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

This is a fountain at one of the local malls.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Celia, the fountain looks great! The Matter soup is so beautiful!
Joey, earthquake epicenter under the house...grrrr! Was little JW at home too?
Sharon, I'm glad you are feeling better! Thanks for starting a new thread for us, you poor thing, even if you weren't feeling so well....I also think that is a cosmos Pot Marigold...I have those too! Boo's face is just too cute, Ineed to snuggle him second after Celia!LOL
Kiska, thanks! That MG color is beautiful! Mine are almost the same color, I have to take some pics in the morning.
Ric, thanks! Your deck is great! And so useful!
Rusty, so much work! Did you get the good color?
Kelli, cool pot, but so unusual, no wonder poor cactus is dizzy !LOL How do you keep the soil from not falling down?
It's been hot, 90, a bit windy. It rained in the city , but not here. I could see the lightnings...but no pics!LOL The clouds just turned away from us...grr! I had to water again!
This is from a short trip me and the doggies made on Sunday. I needed to take some pics of some sunflowers. The sun was on my side and they were turned on the other side...how odd!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The field.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Viper's bugloss.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

St. John's wort.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Wild Snapdragon.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I wanted to go closer to the sunflowers but it was a very deep ditch betwenn us, so I just left. Momma dog near the ditch, laughing at me !LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Rita too!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Even Buck!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

We were a long way from home!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Howdy do folks!

We are in a cool down again, and rain. Saturday, we got over an inch and today, we've got a tenth so far. It's been in the 80's all week and is 73 º, cloudy and cool. It will be back to 90 º tomorrow, we'll get the grandsons then and keep them till sometime Saturday. This gives me one day to catch up here.

Today I ate cabbage, chard, green beans and potatoes from my own garden.

Last Saturday, in spite of 1 1/10'' rain, was a family reunion on my Mom's side. My cousins, who I used to see weekly all ended up in California. I haven't hugged any of them for many many years. It was a great day!

Yesterday I started my FREE flower pile across the road. Two people have taken a few pots already.

I also have to scan old family photos and send them to everyone. I just can't get any busier!

Sharon, hope you feel better soon! That's a gorgeous orange bloom and perfect to represent July!

Celia, Gorgeous bloom too! (I still need to photograph my quail collection. I haven't forgotten!)

Rusty, I wonder if it was a new guy who isn't quite with it yet. We just put in a new sink and the kid was really knew his stuff.

I am the proud owner of a sink with NO DIVIDERS!!! I can wash all my huge pans now without touching the bottom of the sink! It's 8 1/2'' deep compared to my 6 1/2'' old one. I'm thrilled, been wanting it for a long time!

Joey, an earthquake! Poor Jack! We've had thunder right over the house and a cat that hides. The ''fire'' is beautiful and JW so cute!

Kelli, what a neat planting for the cactus.

Celia, you crack me up!

Rusty, maybe it will be a nice color after it dries a few days. I know just what you mean by the dirt under the rugs LOL!

Ric, love the boardwalk! Beautiful!! You would always have a job if you decided to go construction. I have a lot of Texas DG friends that would love to see you coming! A guest house would be so cool! Wait for the guy to need some money, or just not be able to sell it with this economy. A bird in the hand is my motto. He may come down! What a cooling flower arrangement.

Sharon, ROTFL!!! I have to flop the sheets to get air under them so my cats can play while I make the bed. Must say I enjoy it too :o) What an adorable pose!

Broken cat! ROTFL!!

Kiska, what a gorgeous!!! morning glory!

Celia, I'd love to have the fountain in my yard. It's so cute!

Adina, love the shy sunflowers. My daylilies are like that. The first blooms all face away from me. What a lovely field of flowers! I like vipers bugloss! I always like the odd things :o) St. Johns looks like a Kerria and the wild Snap looks like my butter and eggs. Mama dog has quite a sense of humor, LOL! They all do! You are a ways from home, but what a nice walk!

Speaking of cats. Petey, who has been losing some weight!

Thumbnail by billyporter

Ric – LOL! Boo sleeps like that all the time.
Kiska – Your morning glory sure is pretty!
Celia – Boo is cute and she knows it LOL! Very sassy too. Cute fountain!
Adina – You and Celia can snuggle all you want, but you have to give Boo back! How big are the faces of the sunflowers? They look huge. I remember you posted a picture last year of the field. It was so pretty (or maybe it was the poppy field). Great pics!
Sally – Yay on the new sink! I would love to have a single sink again. Boo and I play “make up the bed” every morning. She loves to “kill” the sheets LOL! Awww Petey – he’s gonna get squashed LOL!

Now
Through 430 PM...scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue to move through the Suwannee Valley with the heavier thunderstorms along Interstate 75 in Marion and Alachua counties...and on the Northside of Jacksonville... Yulee...fernandina and the nearshore coastal waters east of Nassau County. The showers are moving northeast at 25 miles an hour.

73.6 °F
Heavy Thunderstorm Rain
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 66 °F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in(Steady)
Heat Index: 74 °F
Visibility: 1.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2300 ft
Overcast 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

It's pouring outside! Lots of thunder too. Glad I'm inside.

(Zone 7a)

Another rocking chair takes a life! LOL

Sharon, where's Peanut these days? Did Boo eat her? LOL

Adina, I love your field. So many great things to look at.

It was nice out today. Not too hot. 87º and breezy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So THAT's how they get those 'singing' cat ditties!
He'd be toast here...
He's looking good though!
Got those Rocking Chair Abs!
OK I'll stop....lol!

Adina what a marvelous trip!
I'm thinking you got some great and quite handsome bodyguards there.

Didn't get a lot done today.
One panel and some serious design work.
Now we are on the same page (mostly) w/ the rest of the yard.
Then off for supplies.

Weather should hld thru Friday.
Our clear, sunny and hot day was cloudy, warm and a few drops....... lol!

Here's 'Big Dipper'
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

I got the upside down pot from someone on the DG Marketplace who makes them. I don't know what holds the soil in. I guess it's a combination of the shape of the the pot and compaction. You are supposed to let the pot sit upright for two weeks before turning it over.

I don't know what the temperature was today, but it was nice.

We finally got to see this cactus bloom. The past two years we missed it. When I saw that the buds were pretty far along, I put a note on the t.v. to remind us to go out and check on it after dark.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli, it's so beautiful! I also used to put notes on the TV for reminding me something! But lately I seem to forget to put those notes!LOL
Sally, I'm so happy to hear from you! Congratulations for the flower pile. Maybe you can take a picture and show it to us. I wish you can sell lots of pots! You really are busy!LOL
Sharon, poor baby, I can hardly see him under that rocking chair!LOL
Ric, it's OK if you rested for a while yesterday ! You'll be in a better shape today! You guys are workoholics!LOL Beautiful picture! I wanted to ask you ...your colocasia and alocasia are planted in the garden?
Celia, what a beautiful butterfly! You made me laugh so hard !LOL
It's hot again today. The temps are going to 90 . We had a big storm last night which ripped off a datura and a 4 o'clock, before they even started to bloom...ugh! Still no rain.
A lady bug on a spaghetti squash leaf.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Celia – I had to take a picture of “the Nut” as Jeff calls her LOL! She’s a big girl now.
Ric – I like Big Dipper!
Kelli – It’s an Epi but I’m not sure which one. It’s gorgeous!
Adina – I’m sorry to hear about your plants. Will you be able to re-root the datura? Pretty lady bug!

73.8 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 29.98 in(Rising)
Heat Index: 72 °F
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 85. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

2" of rain so far this week. No watering today. Here is our big girl at 4.5lbs!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Sharon, she is so big!LOL But so cute! I forgot to answer you about th esunflower field...you remembered well about the last year picture, but it was a different one, much farther... they have wheat there now. The faces aren't that big now, but I'll keep you posted when they will grow bigger. They have some cute little pups there and I can hear them whinning everyday. So I thought I could go and snuggle them for a bit...but the darn ditch was too deep and neither me nor the doggies could cross over it.
Here they are, such cuties! It's a bit blurry , they were too far!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cute Pup Adina!
The Datura should come back they are pretty tough to kill.
They selfseed like crazy so be careful.
Also they are very poisonous ......

70° here and still a bit cloudy..... rain for the weekend... maybe......

The 'Nut' is getting HUGE! LOL!

Adina many of the Colocasias and some Canna ARE in the ground.
Some year around.
You need a South facing, sheltered from the wind and rain spot.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Ric, thanks , it's good to know about the colocasia and canna. I know about the datura, I've been growing it for several years now. They were almost taking over the other garden I had!LOL This year I only sowed a few seeds, but they have popped up all!I already divided them and replanted some arround the house, outside the fence and inside too.
So, there is no loss !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Ric, don't ever stop. We love it. What are those pink (?) flowers under the colocasias and cannas?

Sharon, PEANUT!!!!! LOL I want to snuggle her and Prissy, too. I have forgotten Other Kitty's name but snuggles all around!

Adina, glad you didn't lose anything. The butterfly wouldn't hold still, so, I had to change lenses and shoot from far away.

69.1 °F with 86º for the high.
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 29.88 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 14000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I can't stop looking at this flower. It needs to hurry and grow more flowers. And spread. And multiply. In other places around the yards.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celia those are Iron Flowers.
Seriously they are made of Iron.

I'll find a picture.

Ric

Adina – Cute puppies!
Celia- That would be our granny Callie. The 3 of them sleep together on a regular basis. Mater Soup is more than welcome to spread all the way over here!

74.8 °F
Thunderstorm Rain
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 68 °F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the East
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1200 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Boom boom (no pow)! Thunder and rain! Peanut really isn't very big. She's not quite 5" tall. I don't have a wicket to measure her, but that's what I get from the measuring tape. Add her head in she's just about 7" tall.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 57 min 58 sec ago
83 °F
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Wind: 7 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.91 in (Steady)
UV: 12 out of 16