It's July! What's Happening in Your Neighborhood part 2

(Zone 5a)

One of those small lakes/ponds on the way

Thumbnail by rannveig
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Mau – I like the blackberry lily! Very pretty color!
Kelli – It’s nice to see water in your area!
Rann- Thanks for the tour! I would be uneasy too in the cave. Besides I am a tad clausterphobic(sp?).
Joey – This is the last day of the 80’s here so I’m trying to get stuff done outside, but it keeps raining LOL! JW is growing up on us!

81.7 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 69 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph
Pressure: 30.21 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 85 °F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Rest of Today
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 85. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Looks like the rain is stopping again. I'm going to run back outside to play in the dirt...um mud!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Epilobium latifolium growing close to the river

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Sharon - the girls think the Peacocks are very "COOL" :-) lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, I just chilled about caves in around here which is in Picher, OK has been mining that area so I just thinking to get out of here that there is too much lead around here also some of the street has got cave in deep hole (very deep) so I gonna to move to somewhere what I like good place... I will be missing this my first home for 3 yrs. (July 14, 2006)... So, I have got get busy for clean up and sell some of stuffs...

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

That's awful, Rusty. Do you have to move from your house that you have been painting?

We went to the Arboretum today. If we had known it was going to be this hot, we probably wouldn't have gone.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 22 min 22 sec ago
93 °F
Clear
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 12 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

This is some stone that has been polished to look like a creek with water.

Thumbnail by Kelli

I don't know what this is

Thumbnail by Kelli
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Kelli, I think that your mistery plant is Duchman's Pipe. A great shade-maker.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56130/

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

BTW I love the watery looking rocks! :D

That looks like it, thanks!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we got a bit of rain today .1". Yep 1/10th of an inch.
Funny thing is Dayton just 40 miles north got 2 inches.'
Taynors 20 miles further north got 4" when Iast talked to her.
But the containers look good and they are the PITA watering problem so....

Kelli I love that water feature at the Arboretum.
That's a cool area there.

Rann I wouldn't have thought that would grow there.
It's very pretty! I'm going to search some out for here.
Thanks for the picture.

Well we started sanding the Boardwalk today.
The wood is seriously dirty from being a porch bottom for 40+ years.
We will let it age and being cedar it will grey up pretty quickly.
Then we will stain and seal.
The next phase starts tomorrow..... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Rann, cool cave! Nice to see you and the girls!
Joey, always nice to see JW! He is such a happy guy!
Ric, you never get tired, don't you?
Sharon, cool peacocks and sweet Pea!LOL
Mau, what a lovely flower! Any pics of Zachary?
Kelli, that rock is so cool! Beautiful flowers too!
It's been raining a lot here since yesterday and it has stopped only for short periods. No storm and lightnings. The temps have dropped to 70, but it feels much cooler.
The geraniums on DS' balcony.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A few martins were waiting to have their breakfast consisting in Poa pratensis and Festuca rubra seeds...that is the lawn seeds I spread again on the empty spaces!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A few clouds on Friday.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A pink one at sunset.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Another glorious sunny day here today ... 63°F at noon, light breeze.

More vacation photos :-)

Very close to the cabin we found this dried up river bed ..... something I would have expected to find in California, but I was very surprised to see it here! lol Looked like a very sizable river when there's water in it. Since it was dry we decided to go exploring .... :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I going to sell my 2 houses and find good place with near pond or river which I can go fishing...

Reason why, I'm not happy around here that peoples are bad and too much stress of everything so I just quit my job... So, please don't say about it which it not good ideal to tell me okay... I get all straight it out but still not doing right thing...So, please just move on and talk about garden and what they took alot of pixs what I did on vacation past 3 yrs ago... So, I will be around here for while and get ready for my next trip to family reunion next 3 weeks go... Don't worry about me I am doing okay for while then I will be okay when I get back from trip next month...

Take care all,
Rusty56

Daylilies blooms

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann there should be cool rocks in the 'canyon'.

Just remember EVERYONE if you go dry creek or canyon rock hunting to be aware of the weather upstream especially near mountains.
A storm or ice melt miles away can be catastrophic.

Rusty you gotta do what you gotta do!
We never judge just support.
cool DL's!
Do you know the variety?

73° and sunny. Should hit 85° and sunnier later! lol

Ric

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Unknown on DL I lost label...

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! The good news is that we only got up to about 85° yesterday! We also had more rain - intermittent hard showers. We should be in store for more of the same today! Not complaining here! :D
At Dublin...
Clear: 68°F
Feels like: 68°F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 66°
Humidity: 94%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.35 in
Wind: 3 mph
Sunrise: 5:36 AM
Sunset: 8:28 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Rusty, Good luck in all of your decisions! We're here for you! I have the same DL's and don't know the name of them, either...they came from my dads years ago.
Ric, You always manage to tweek what ever it is you're doing to get a much nicer result! LOL! I would have been happy to leave the walk as it was! ;) Good eye! or should I say...very creative!
Sharon, I think all of our 'kiddies' are growing up! My how time flies! :D
Rann, Thanks, I don't think I would have crossed that either..unless I was w/out the girls & in a Hummer! :D With 'precious cargo' on board it really would have been too risky.
Adina, Thanks...he IS a happy fella! ;) Love the pink cloud! Gotta love those clouds! When our clouds do that here, we can count on getting a good storm!
Kelli, My uncle had the Dutchman's Pipe growing on the lattice work on his front porch...it covered it up in no time! His porch faces west, so it made it very comfortable to sit there in the evening.

Well, gotta get a move on...
Have a Great! Day!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

The girls :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Good advice Ric ;-) No danger in our case though ...
This would be a waterfall when there's water running ... I think those natural steps are so cool! :-)

68°F at 3 pm .... warmest day of the summer here in the Reykjavík area :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Picinic down the river before we turned back ... the temp was around 68°F .. almost too hot for a hike! ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Rann, 68 too hot?! I would freeze in Iceland!LOL Lovely pictures! Great to see your DH too.
Joey, how cute our little man walking in the forrest! Those clouds also brought us a storm yesterday.
Rusty, ditto what Ric said and we are also here to listen. Take care and do the right thing for you. Beautiful lilies!Yesterday I saw a little mouse and then a small snake in the garden. They ran out, but DH is terorized !LOL After I left for work yesterday afternoon he locked all door and windows and went upstairs in bed!ROTFLOL
Gloxinia is still blooming!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

78 º and cloudy. It's supposed to rain, again. The whole countryside is full of ground water and can't handle much more. There are big patches of corn drowned out, everywhere. The mosquitos died down a bit, but are still plentiful by all my flower beds.

Laughing over the Petey comments. Rockin ab's! LOL! Maybe under the flab.

Adina, my free pile is gone already, but the next one I make, which will be this week, I'll get a picture of. I never thought of doing that!

So many gorgeous flowers!

Rann, it's nice to meet you! (thru your photo)

So many neat other catagory pictures. I hate getting behind and not being able to comment on each one.

Rusty, a person should be able to enjoy life. I hope it all works out for you. No one needs stress! Have a wonderful reunion! I just had one the 4th of July and it was so good to hug everyone.

The sun is coming out even tho it's supposed to rain later. I'm torn between catching up on Dave's, and just being outside.

My favorite flower combo, at the moment.

Coral Reef Beebalm and Tree Mallow.

Thumbnail by billyporter
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yesterday was hot, humid and hazy. Today it's hot, humid, was raining and raining hard for awhile and now the sun is poking out of the clouds some.

(Zone 7a)

Miss a day, miss a lot! LOL

Great pics and tour, Rann.

Pretty glox, Adina.

Sharon, are you still getting rained on?

Rusty, I'm on your side.

BP, how well does the beebalm take heat? I have the common red one and would like to add another.

87.3 °F with 94º for the high.
Thunderstorm Rain (I haven't seen any.)
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 6.0 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 21.0 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 84 °F
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 9000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Last night.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Lots of great pictures - JW, flowers, river without water...

Hot again

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 12, 2009
97 °F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: 10 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
UV: 10 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

the cactus again - it is a harrisia http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788679/

Thumbnail by Kelli
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, everyone! I've gotten way behind, too.

Ric, I love your path!! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you and Robyn are done with it. :-)

Joey, JW is sooo cute! Do you all call him Joe now, or is that what he calls himself?

I would have turned around, too Rann. I love all of the photos from your trip!

Adina, your yard is looking beautiful. LOL about the snake and the mouse!

Rusty, I hope you can sell your houses quickly and find the perfect spot for yourself. Having your own fishing creek sounds WONDERFUL! :-)

I'm sorry I haven't commented on everyone's posts. I need to stay caught up! That sinus infection I had while Charles was gone has really knocked me out good. I'm a lot better now, but I go on coughing jags if I talk too much. And, despite the antibiotics I was on, Charles got it, too! So he's coughing and wheezing with me. The backyard STILL hasn't been mowed (I am really embarrassed to say!), and a friend of mine gave me some gingers and other assorted tropical plants that she divided from her garden 3 weeks ago - and they're still just lying in my front bed, waiting to be planted. I haven't exactly figured out where to put them, which is why they are still there. I was hoping to talk to Charles about putting in a small pond/water feature, and planting the gingers behind it, but talking hasn't been really happening between the coughing. LOL I'm finally feeling a lot better now, though. We actually got some rain earlier this week. Yayyy!!! So now, of course, the weeds are up and happy in the garden. Booo! LOL I need to go out early in the morning everyday for a week (or month) or so, and get them pulled up and see if I can salvage any of the gingers. I think some of them are rooting sideways, where they are laying on the ground.

It hasn't cooled down much! At 5:52, it's still 99° outside.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CDT (55 min ago)
Temperature 99 °F 37 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 32%
Pressure 30.03 in 1017.1 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 103 °F 39 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 75.0°F / 23.9°C

Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming southwest and decreasing to around 5 mph after midnight.
Monday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Monday night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

(Zone 5a)

Wow ! what a sunset Celia! :-)

Sally - your garden is so beautiful :-) Love that combo too!

Kelli - beautiful!

Marylyn - glad you're finally feeling somewhat better :-) Hope you're back up to speed soon, sounds pretty awful.

Today's high was close to 70°F ...... it was too hot to be outside according to the girls, they spent most of the day inside ..... (shaking my head). It was hot by our standards but these days are so few and far behind, I just can't understand them spending it inside. lol The forecast calls for a cool down tomorrow with a high around 60°F which is closer to normal for here ;-) lol Absolutely wonderful day :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, beebalm does well for me. These are actually under the shade of a walnut tree and get morning sun. I think in the heat they would take more watering, but we've had plenty of rain this year. Coral Reef is a new one. I love the color. I could send some this fall when it gets cut back. Gorgeous sky!!

Kelli, loved the tv note to catch the cactus bloom. It's pretty!

Marylyn, the sinus really did get you guys bad. I hope you and Charles can get rid of it for good. I think it's close to a super bug, for the way I went down. Sounds like the gingers are taking care of themselves LOL. I'd let them go and work on the others :o)

Thanks Rann, I understand the girls and the heat. I used to be a ''chilly willy,'' but now I like the colder temps too. Well, down to 65 degrees at the lowest, LOL! Hildar Eva might have gotten hives again. What an adorable picture and the hamster is a very handsome brown! Love your pinks. I see foxglove, but what is in front? And what is the purple one?

I found these stones buried by a fence in the cemetary. The H is for my married name and the M is my maiden name. How cool was that?!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

Thanks, BP! That'd be great! Those stones neat find.

How cute are those girls! LOL

Marylyn, so glad you're feeling better. You all had it bad. Don't worry about those gingers. They take care of themselves.

We had 2 cloud bursts today and now it's extremely muggy. Welcome to Utah!!! LOL

Monty doing his sphinx impression.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, my treat for the quail! Monty has many faces!

(Zone 7a)

Cool! LOL

Monty has layers. Like an onion. Only, not so smelly. Usually. ^_^

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL! At Monty.... SO Regal ....

Rann the girls do look like they are wilting in the heat ;-)
The Garden looks TOPS!
And what a Handsome Family you all are.
The girls would love Tennessee and Kentucky in the Fall.
Great temps for them, fall colors and hundreds of miles of Caves.
Here's just a few of them for the girls.
http://www.rubyfalls.com/pages/Cave-Falls-Photo-Gallery/
http://www.thelostsea.com/
http://www.nps.gov/maca/photosmultimedia/index.htm

Sally I agree a Great Combo.
Can't or rather couldn't do Monarda here.
The Mildew hammers them.
We might have better luck now that we have more sun.
Neat find on the row marker stones.

Marylyn you and DH take care and get well soon.
We missed you!
Odd Marcy and her DH have something similar.

Kelli that's a very nice bloom.
Glad you were able to get the shot!

Well 79° and 44% Humidity this evening.
I think we hit 85° .
PERFECT Day for working and planning.
The Boardwalk is about done and we're moving on....... where?
Why to the... oh wait I don't want to spoil the surprise.... lol!

Ric

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

we've moved here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1014170/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.