How do you boil fresh eggs so shells come off easy

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I have gotten to the point that Walmart eggs are not good enough to feed to the chickens.

I bet that was amusing.. LOL

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

i don't really trust them either.. but their eggs are better than the other store here.. & I feel bad taking eggs as often as I need them from the neighbor. They've been low on eggs & refuse to take money for them. I want to make sure they have enough & i'm not a pest about it. I do bake him desserts & such but its been so hot i haven't felt like having the oven on to bake. My chickens are.. currently protesting the weather changes & not laying.. or they are trying to go broody again & I've got eggs hid somewhere. With only two chickens laying out of 25 its hard to tell what they are up too. Walmart eggs (really store bought eggs) scare me bc of the things I learned they put into them to make them look better.. like yellow & orange dyes.. & other supposed good things. If i go back to things that are prepackaged.. & eggs/meat from walmart (or other stores) mom's blood sugar sky rockets ( for her at least) & she's miserable ( which makes me miserable) which tells me that there is something not right with their good for you chemicals. :) but I'm eating a lot of salads lately & eggs are the cheapest protein i know of to throw on them. not much else i can do when they've grown so big they pushed the mom & pop grocery stores out of the area.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Hay,
I don't know enough about chickens to know much. But I find your remark about a pecking order distasteful, demeaning, and frankly? Plain rude, I am here for advice and appreciate every bit of it.

It is a fact that everyone lives though their own experiences......I like to hear them all. I know that I've heard both good and bad about putting miniature horses with regular sized horses. I like to be prepared and gather all the knowledge I need to be successful. Demeaning someone for their experience does NOT put you at the top of the pecking order, just makes this forum at the bottom of the list for me.

(Zone 7b)

"Very" well said Jenks and i hope you don't leave this forum i know you enjoy being here and i for one would miss you.

I have watched 15 people leave this forum it has made me very sad there are some i miss very much and others i never had a chance to even know and some i still have contact with and are dear friends i hope you won't be the 16th.
I had one just yesterday tell me she too was becoming tired of the domineering attitude of some and the "clickish" atmosphere.

Some folks seem to forget this is a public forum and is seen by hundreds if not thousands of people everyday.
I don't truly think they realize what kind of face they are putting on this forum and on themselves for all the internet world to see.

Jenks if you need me you know where I'am feel free to contact me whenever you want.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.