My Morning Glory Adventures continued.. July

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

we came from here.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1006181/
I am so grateful to be able to post my adventures with these wonderful plants in my yard..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is the Rivera Corymbosa plant in the pocket planter on the south side vine fence.. as of June 23rd.. there is a small broken tree branch laying there in it from a storm earlier..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I. Plantesis

Thumbnail by joeswife

side view

Thumbnail by joeswife

from behind the bloom

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Debra - What is this one? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6771347 Really pretty!!!

And your I. Plantesis is a quite lovely as well. Is that one a night bloomer?

Becky, that one was tagged as flying saucer, but it wasn't, I believe Ron ID it as heavenly blue, and I sent you some of those seeds, and the small blue I. Hederacera (sp?) behind it ( light green fiddle leaf) .. the seeds from that big one are huge.. the smaller seeds I sent you are the small blue fiddle leaf one .. I am thinking that vine I sent you was the big blue one..
Here is Albivenia tonight..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love the platensis, so pretty.

the top of this plant which was covered in ants ( I think they are my pollinators) I blew them off for pictures..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I love it too! It is a day blooming plant, tho.... I bet it would last longer in bloom time if it was in the shade more.. I hope to get clearer pictures tommorrow since I am off, and I will see two blooms open at once I think..
here is Albivenia full plant..*winter sown*

Thumbnail by joeswife

Happy Fourth of July.....

Thumbnail by joeswife

It rained this am..I didn't care.. it felt nice to see things blooming at last..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I have lots of pollen and alot of pollinators, so will have seeds galore to share..

Thumbnail by joeswife

See what I mean?

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is my chinese mg ( supposedly)

Thumbnail by joeswife

I love flowers...

Thumbnail by joeswife

my hibiscus tree bloomed two colours for me.. here is one..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is the other one

Thumbnail by joeswife

I love leaves, too
Xiongs chinese

Thumbnail by joeswife

different shapes of leaves and colours really turn me on..

Thumbnail by joeswife

you can kinda tell I like variety

Thumbnail by joeswife

I am a hopeless helpless addict... I can't help it.. I like to play all day if I can outside.. unwinding and re-winding, poking seeds here and there, stringing strings and trellis wire, my eye-sight is so bad I have to use the camera, just to see what I want to see..

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:07 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

Hope you all have a safe day.. I. Lind in my chair while I go play in my sons' beach Garden..

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Debra - Your Albivenia looks awesome! Congrats!! Love all those leaves! Your yard is so green! Mine has been too since the rains started rolling in every afternoon. I've gotten spoiled that I don't have to drag the hose around lately. Actually, I don't mind hand watering. I just hate the heat in the late afternoon after work.

Happy 4th of July to you and all our gardening friends here on DG! :-) Keep our men and women in the armed forces in our prayers for safety and a successful tour overseas. Especially those in war zones! We all owe our freedoms to their sacrifices.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

we are supposed to get rain tomorrow. we desperately need it. Haven't had it in about 2-3 weeks.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Becky, You are so right. I value my freedom more than anything
A heartfelt thank you to our armed forces.

I am Proud to be an American..
I had a wonderful Saturday off, in my back yard first, and then to the lake where my son lives..
I have tied, strung, wound, and re-routed alot of plants this weekend. while waiting for morning glory blooms , I can show off these..There is alot in this corner, lions tail, canna, gladiola, I. purpurea mix from Ronnie, cypress vine, virginia creeper, tithonia, cone flowers, freesias, a tomatoe plant, perilla, lillies, bamboo, and a dead mock orange tree.LOL...just to name a few.. when everything gets big, it will show from the street.. on the other side..
Edited to say sorry wrong picture.. this is my oxalis

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:08 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is concord grape, at my sons' neighbors' place.. he is an 80 yr old widower with a green arm.. His name is Omar and such a sweetie.. Charlie is lucky to have him for a neighbor.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:10 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the squirrel netting I used to train them, for my curtain effect..

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the view of both sides looking north, keep in mind I just put this flower bed in last spring.. so it is a work of art in progress..

Thumbnail by joeswife

That Grape picture was at my sons, an 80 yr old widower who has the most awsome place , and these are his concord grapes( picture up there) Hopefully, the gloriosas I planted out front by the south end of the trellis porch will do this soon..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is my monster vine PINK is all I call it.. I have no clue what the name is, but it loves to grow, and I clip it every week..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I had to cut my first round of monardas and cosmos today, and tidy things up a bit.. that white salvia is so pretty, and the gophrema(SP?) is from a DG'r she sent me some of her seeds last year and I just threw them in looks good together I think, ( I am used to the whole north fence being covered by morning glories, cypress vine, and chinese bean hiyacynth all the way down, ) this is new for me, to actually have a flower bed..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I am keeping the monster Pink in two clumps, In this view, there is lions tail, datura purple metel, a cherry tomatoe , gladiolas, a hibiscus I wintered over , Monardas, a brugsmansia, dahlias Dark angel, Shrimp plants, I cut the mexican hats as they were going to seed, and I have hundreds of those, White Zinnia Benarys, Lobata, my fuschia four o clock, OH! That reminds me, someone sent me some broken colours, I have never had them before, I put them in the planter with violets, trailing vinca, verbena and some sedum, and the PLANT KILLER killed them ( my son) I had given that planter to him for his back deck, and it was beautiful, and he gave it some Weed and Feed, not knowing it was going to KILL them, not Feed them.. *sigh* no broken colours anymore for me.. that planter is dead dead dead.. in this bed there is also some crossandra, a black pepper plant, and several jmgs from you all.. this is the north east view looking east..

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:12 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here we have another colour of Monarda, dark angel dahlias again, rose queen cleome, Rose queen salvia, and silver mound lantana going everywhere in front.. oops, I see a small tomatoe plant in there, and some yellow dahlias coming up in front of that lantana.. good thing it is a border dahlia.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:13 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

The neighbors had their yard dug up.. poor them , I know how they feel, I am trying to talk them into letting me plant morning glories on the left over posts from the covered deck they have, but they are tearing it down.. *sniff* I could really decorate that area.. to the left of my monster cleome you can see the setosa, the cone flowers, the purple meadow sage, Dark angel dahlias, allysium, and some more Zinnias coming up

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the messina creeper, setosa, cardinalis ruby slippers lobelia, cones, and something I planted in a small pot last winter that I found was growing very fast.. I lost the tag:(..I hope it is pride of barbados, cuz I planted a ton of them and none came up.. but we will see as it is very happy in the full sun in that part of the yard. The maroon gladioa is going to bloom on the neighbors side dang it.

Thumbnail by joeswife

The messina creeper is very agressive, I have to rewind it away from setosa every day, but it seems to be able to take my clue.. that is black Holly hock with begonias in that pot, and I planted two jmgs in between the messina and the holly hock tub against the fence, we will see how that works.. I wont see a bloom this year from that Holly Hock Ibet, but next year it should be spectacular, I bought it because my my husband asked" don't they make black flowers?" LOL
the red ruby slippers will be the hummers favorite food ..

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 8:05 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

This area has yellow salvia ( lower right corner)pruple salvia, zinnias, red salvia, plumbago, Purple queen Iochroma, double decker cone flower, and to the left of that big leafy thing that came up, ( I have no clue) there is a cameo elegance that I pulled out alot of stuff around it, it will grow thru the fence to the neighbors side I am sure.. such a pretty little plant.. there is also some pentas planted, and I just threw in some marigold and kansas wild flower seeds.. white bind weed, and pink bind weed.. can't wait to see that come up.. there is some engisn royal planted just to the right of this picture, and a seed called cerinth from the Andes?

Thumbnail by joeswife

Moving on down to the corner, I have this red canna from a nice DGr'. there are two more seeds of JMG planted between it and the red salvia agaisnt the fence, I can move the canna where ever I want to.. in the canna pot ther eis red celosia, and love lies bleeding, another yellow salvia is there, and more shrimp plants, a double peach Holly hock from seeds, ( my hubby likes holly hocks, I really do not care for them) more small pentas in front of all that, and another clump of convovluvus tri colour has sprouted ,

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.