Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And Great Expectations is blooming well this year

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And the Pineapple Lily.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Eugene, OR

Thanks everyone. Took a day off, got a neighbor to look in on mom and went on a bus trip with the senior center. It did not go too well. The bus broke down, took 2 hrs to get another and it was a noisy, hot, old kids bus. Had no knee room or a/c and had the hardest seats I've sat on in a long time. It could have been a disaster but most everyone took it very well. We always give the driver and the tour guide a hand when we get back, this time I said WE deserved a hand for the way we handled the situation. Everyone agreed!! LOL

(Judi)Portland, OR

Finally got my new camera but have not had a chance to read the manual. Here's my first photo taken with it - i hope they get better when I read the directions!

Nicotiana from seeds from Tills. Whoops the photo is rotated. The plants are in a big pot and are as tall as I am!

Thumbnail by Portland1
(Judi)Portland, OR

Willow - love that pineapple lily!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Wow..... I'm wayyyyyy.... to far behind to comment on all that is lovely, pretty, great, and otherwise fantastic things going on the garden!!!! Just know that everyone's yards are looking good! I'm taking advantage of a rare event that I have a decent connection right now.

Portland.... I'm so glad that your camera arrived and you're getting a chance to try it out.

Sally.... happy to hear that your mom's appt's went well and that she's ok. What a crazy day you had with the bus trip. It sounds like one of those character building events! Deck is looking good!

Willow... great pics!

Pony... Great job on the frog pond. it looks fantastic!

Rj.... Your rose garden is amazing. I love the idea about planting lilies between them.

Katye... your heliopsis Loraine sunshine is beautiful.

Jan.... Glad to hear that the visit went well. I second everyones thoughts that it sounds as if you should be out here!!

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009 11:46 PM

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Red... nice to see you, btw!

I managed to level the pond today. Boy, was that a lot of fun.... NOT. But it's looking good now, so it was worth it.

Thumbnail by the1pony

Thanks Pony.

Your pond is looking really good. How did you manage to level it sort of 'after the fact'??

Do you have any thoughts for the title of a new thread?

I moved the rocks out of the back corner, wedged my fingers under the edge of the pool, heaved up as hard as I could, and shoved bricks and rocks under it one at a time with my foot until it was straight.

Only title I can think of is "Oh, my aching back". LOL!

Wow!.... Whadda feat that was! nice job. It looks as though it will all be worth it.

lol....maybe 'Our results of soooo many backaches!' ? lol

"Breakin' our backs for beautiful blooms" LOL!

Yep, it was danged hard, but that low corner was driving me crazier. I'm real happy with how it looks now. :)

Speaking of broken backs, I think it's time to take another pain killer and hobble off to bed. G'night! :)

Yep.... That's it! The next title. Thanks. I hope that your back is not too bad tomorrow.

Since we've reached 300 posts, I'll start a new thread.

Since it's time for the sun to set on this thread, I'll finish it off with a couple of pics that I took while I was in Eastern Oregon over the 4th of July.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009 1:11 AM

Thumbnail by redchic01

The end! Appropriately, a pioneer cemetary.

And on to the beginning of the New Thread!!!..... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1015377/

Thumbnail by redchic01
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Great pics all.
Love the pond Pony.

Had a hard week and really hard to catch up with you all. LOL

But got some things to share. My dals are doing great. I only lost 2 over winter. Not sure if anyone saw the new bed Tread last year, but this is it now and all are bigger than then. So happy

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

These are some of the new ones that are in pots, waiting for the new home.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Opps hit wrong button.
This is 'Wheels' A little chewed but pretty

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Looks really good Tilly!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This one is funny, it was a bonus when I order the others. Tag says
"Tessebrooke Red Eye' I.m thinking something red NOT
This is it ( but I love that color) and with a friend.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey Red, Got more. LOL

This is 'Voltage'

Thumbnail by tillysrat

They're both lovely! even if one is a NOID!

Did you intend to post here? or would you like to join us in the new thread? Either way, they're pretty pictures!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And my 'JackManii' Is still to die for.
Its hard to get a good pic, while standing on tippy toes cause its to high. LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm not sure where I should post anymore LOL. But Loves of Labor Fits. Or should I be somewhere else???????????????????

Lol. I agree 'loves of labors' definitely fits! It doesn't matter to me, I'll follow both threads! The link to the new thread was a just above yours.

Here's the link again to #10: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1015377/

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009 11:55 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.