Garden Pics: See the loves of our labors...#9

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

thread for just about anything that is going on in your garden, or whatever plants you felt like taking pictures of!! I hope that everyone joins in from anywhere, since we're all Northwest of somewhere!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1002348/

a hydrangea floret.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a few more of them.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Spotted on my way back from the Sushi Bar... Taken with my blackberry.

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Ditto

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Ditto Again..

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

ABSOLUTELY love them. Daisies are my favorite.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Jan, some more daisies for you

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

and an African daisy

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

OOOOO thank you thank you thank you.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Ginger I love the first pic you posted. Kind of dreamy.

Eugene, OR

I like that one too Judi, looks like a fairy land.

Beautiful pictures everyone, haven't been posting, too tired, but I've been watching.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I got my big puter fixed, back in the running on pics as soon as I redownload them but here is whats on the chip now.

White Astilbe

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Kaffer Lilly, from Holly

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

My new buddie, He's so cute

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is doing so well, and slowly fillin in. Notice the white ball.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

My Candy stripe rose, have yet to see a stripe.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Last one, I know most of you have a Witch Hasel. Does this look right ???? or is something wrong. I just planted in the ground, but it looked like that before I took it out of the pot. Roots looked fine.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Eugene, OR

Pretty flowers Tills, so delicate. And I love the furry garden art! Can't help with the WH, I don't have one, it's on my wish list.

Great pics Tilly. I'm not sure about the WH. It looks as if it might be chlorotic. Not a really common problem in them, but a good shot of a high iron fertilizer couldn't hurt.

Bea.... Beautiful Osteo!

Ginger.... I think that Judi had the perfect word for you photos... Dreamy! very interesting and pretty.

took this one the other day.

Thumbnail by redchic01

this is from today. I can't remember the name of the lily.

Thumbnail by redchic01

this one as well.

Thumbnail by redchic01

another pic of one of my favorite salvias.

Thumbnail by redchic01

This little fellow is a holy terror in the yard and will be the cause of many "no's!!" and "get outta there!!" because he chews everything. EVERYTHING. I've started referring to him a a 'drive by eater.' He runs 5 steps and takes a bit of the nearest plant, sprints another 5 steps and takes a bite out of the next green thing, another 5 steps and bites my shoe! I've caught him eating: dirt, bark, small rocks (tasting larger ones), the hoses, my gloves... nothing is safe. Anyhow..... this is the owners new puppy. He is super cute. But one day he's going to chomp the wrong plant and have indigestion. My oldest cat can't stand him because she doesn't fight back.... just runs. Precious, my orange cat, is about 3x his size and has swatted the heck out of him every time he gets within biting range (remember his issue with chewing things?? that includes the cats' tail) I figure that it's a good lesson learned. it's really quite funny to watch because you know what's coming as he gets close to her. He should know better. But, he still tries. I think that they might get along in a year or two. His name is Sambuko, we call him Sam.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009 12:57 AM

Thumbnail by redchic01

another of him. It's hard to get him to sit still for a picture. So, I put my gloves there to give him a reason to stay there.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

OMG!! He looks like a holy terror!! Precious will keep him in line, wish it would help with the other one. She'll teach him some manners.

lol... that's exactly what I'm hoping for!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

Red your post 6740314 is an amazing photo. Wow

There's a reason Mother Nature makes puppies so cute.......

Thanks Judi! Yep, I agree! that must be why they're soooo darn cute.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Jumping on the daisy bandwagon a bit late...

Thumbnail by the1pony

Never had these "double" petunias before- I really like them. I think I'll get more.

Thumbnail by the1pony

I adore these little violets:

Thumbnail by the1pony

very pretty pony. I agree with you on those double petunias!

Thanks, Red- the only drawback to the doubles is that you can't stick a camera down them like this regular petunia... *grin*

Thumbnail by the1pony

lol.... OMG. I can't do that anyhow! What kind of a camera do you have? not only does it do well with a super close up, but it's really crisp without having to have really bright light. That's great.

It's just a little Canon PowerShot A710IS. Totally a "point-and-shoot" type thingie, 'cause I don't know squat about "real" cameras. hehe. But it does pretty well for me, and the macro is fabulous. :)

Definitely! Good to know. I'll have to check out that camera, just to see the sort of specs it has as I'm trying to learn a little about that sort of stuff. Thanks for the info!

No prob! It does have lots of custom setting capability, so it's got potential to be more than point-and-shoot for someone who knows what they're doing. Me, I leave it on "Auto" and hope for the best. LOL!

Here's one of my favorite macro shots that little camera has given me:

Thumbnail by the1pony
(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

The pup is priceless!!!

Those two macro shots make me want to trade in my camera....they are beautiful!!

No great pictures...just a question....this just appeared in mom's garden, neither of us recall planting it....what do we have?

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Thanks Trishia.

No need to trade in you camera, your pics are great. I've seen that thing before, but I can't say for sure what it is. Structurally, it almost reminds me of a gladiola.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.