New SSV sale. Get one FREE!

Appleton, WI

You're close, it's Guernsey Cream.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Sharkey,
She is only closing up for the summer and will resume in the fall. I think she will close it by June 30 and reopen late in the year to prepare for Spring orders. I assume it's just time to regroup for the huge spring orders. My order will be here today also.

Can't wait.

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

I was hoping she would leave the website active and just place a notice that she is not accepting orders. I love her site. I hope she will sell in the fall, as I hear that fall planting is acceptable as well. I have one more spot I'm looking at, but some of my one-gallon babies may be ready by then.
Just checked the tracking and mine are here. I'm trying to get things in order before I go to Tally and pick up one of my 3 grandgirls for a few days. This one is old enough to help me outside, but I'm not sure I would ask even my worst enemy to do that in this heat. Besides, the planting is the FUN part after all the dirty work is done. My DH said he would help me plant after he returns from fishing and I said "No thank you. Nobody touches my babies but me. He couldn't believe it when he saw the holes I dug."

Kim, St. George's Island has got to be one of the MOST beautiful places in the world. You should have seen it about 30 yrs ago before a lot of the construction took place. We DO have gorgeous beaches in this area--if you can manage to see them behind all of the condos and restaurants. I think they call that "progress."

You've found the best forum at DG. These people really know their "stuff" and are very friendly. And they put up with me as well. Welcome!

Taylorsville, KY

Sharkey, I can just imagine St. George's those years ago.....but I fear the "money" has found it now. We liked Appalachicola a lot too. Each night we'd take a nice, long, leisurely drive through the state park with the windows rolled down and the wind breezing in the windows.....the house we stayed in was way too big and that's one reason we probably won't go back soon. This year we went to Edisto Island, SC, which was REALLY nice for that reason.....the houses were still pretty much the same as when they were built years ago and getting out to the beach (over the full island) you drive through a very marshy, coastal area that really feels like the "old" days and I loved it. The beach was NO comparison though. We used to go further west in the panhandle too and I just think we're spoiled now.

I look forward to learning a lot here and getting to know you all....thanks! kim

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I haven't checked the delivery confirmation yet but mine should be there today too. I don't think Deb means the site will be removed - just shut down for orders.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Just got mine and a nice little thunderstorm too

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

banana hope you got them all planted before the storm!!Debbies site is open to view once she's closed,makes a nice winters evening looking and making a wish list!!!just no orders till Spring..

Delaware, OH

no crepe mrytles in zone 5 ohio to my knowledge. we have a hard, dormant winter with snow, altho usually not snow cover on the ground all winter.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I had to put them in afterwards, but atleast it was cooler for a while.
I am sure you all get those days with high humidity..that is what it was like later...could almost see the mist hanging!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

I am so glad that you all have also discovered Debbie! I actually got to speak with her a few days ago. It was so nice that she would call and talk to me, just to make sure the order was right. We are really lucky to have a good source for clems. They all come so healthy and ready to grow. Today, I got florida Sieboldii full of blooms. Yea, Debbie! I am going to order some more...I think my birthday is coming up someday in the next year! Happy Birthday to me! More SSV clems.

Taylorsville, KY

Happy Birthday marymyers...and many happy returns. I'm a first time buyer (ordered a few days ago) and I'm looking forward to all the excitement and fun you all are having. I think for my birthday I need a digital camera so I can share too. kim

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Funny! I did the same thing...needed a better camera for my blooms. The one I have has closeups and available light settings which are my favorite for taking pics.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Time is short so get the orders out. I know how she likes to ship on Monday. That would make the site close on Tuesday! I've already started to think ahead for my Spring orders.

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

I've already started a wish list for next spring as well. It is a result of looking at the beautiful photos all of you clem addicts have posted on these threads. Kim (if I may call you that--less typing), I hope you know this is very addictive.

During my morning clem inspection, I found my first Avant Garde blooms open. She is very pretty, but very small. All of my viticellas have beautiful vines--very small and delicate looking leaves and very full. However, the blooms are small. From what I've read on these threads, I assume that with a couple of yrs growth, the flowers will be a little larger. Is this right? Kermasina is also blooming with small blooms. EV's blooms are a little larger. I can't believe how many stems EV has and how full it is at the bottom. Debbie really does send healthy plants!

Delaware, OH

sharkey, i remember my first year avante g blooms were smaller than the next years. it is not a large flower,but it was larger the second and third year. i can measure my bloom tomorrow and let you know the size,ok?

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Well, I received my beautiful plants from Debbie, and I have already managed to kill the Purple Spider. :(((

All the others are growing like gang busters. this one started out great, then started to
wilt and now is dead dead dead. I dug it up and the roots are just black
and ugly no sign of life. Live and learn I guess.

I have sent her an email to see if she can send me another but it is so dang hot, I don't know if I even want her to send it right now. 104 with heat index of 112. It would probably cook.

Gosh I am just sick. I thought I knew how to plant things. Guess not.

Susan
=^..^=

Delaware, OH

9kittymom, too hot to plant i'd say, tho i am not knowledgeable with your zone. are you sure the roots were dead? purple spider might wilt back when planted and then come back, but i am not familiar with "black roots". i'd e mail or call deb fischer right away........

good luck with the heat.....i am sure your zone is as challenging as the northern zones.
happy clemming....

Taylorsville, KY

Sharkey: Kim is preference (I should have thought my "name" through-teehee)....I kinda picked that up from everyone here; there's a lot of passion! You all are getting more and more excited though, that's for sure.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes, call Deb and she will tell you exactly what to do. I had one that grew about 1.5 feet and one day I looked and it was brown to the soil. She said to cut it to the ground and in 3 or 4 days new green growth started. Did it get tons of rain? Poor drainage? How long was it in the ground before it died?

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

9kittymom, that's EXACTLY what we've been going through here. However, I planted 2 days ago because I had ordered more from Debbie. I'm just watering more often, hoping I won't drown the plants. I'm not sure that the weekly soaking routine I was using is sufficient in this unusual heat wave.

CG, I'd love to see a pic of your AV, so that I will know what to expect in a couple of years.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Any suggestions on who to plant with Ivan Olsson - rose wise.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Well I finally succumbed to her sale, I knew it was just a matter of time before I would....

I posted on another thread what I order but I'll post here for the ease of know for those who haven't already seen...

Dominika
Pagoda
Rooguchi
Savannah 'Evipo015'

There were so many others that I would have liked, but had to behave myself for now...LOL

They are shipping out next week, so I'm praying that the weather will be milder for shipping them across the country.

Janet

(Zone 4a)

Oh goodness I can only guess she would have great info for the one who's clematis died...I don't think it died though...just took a break for the season...wait till next year and see............

She was so kind to me even though I told her I was Canadian and I couldn't order from her...she was so helpful to me..

I heard she wasn't doing well? I hope she feels better soon...and it isn't something permanent.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

oh no, Debbie is sick?? I haven't heard back from her about the purple spider. I haven't dug it up, I will leave it and see what happens. I have my doubts though. You never know.

Susan
=^..^=

Delaware, OH

ivan olsen would look great with the rose that wickerparker just posted.......did you see it?

don't give up on purple spider while you wait to hear from deb f.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

No, didn't see her rose- I'll jump over to the rose thread.

And I agree, don't give up on spider. The clems do amazing tricks.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/rose-1007.html
this is her link from WHAT IS BLOOMING TODAY forum

Debbies been sick for a while...drs.don't know whats wrong...lots of pain!!:(

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I know she will have some much needed R&R after the big sale shuts down for the season.

Yess she sure will....is'nt next season she gets to introduce her named one???D.F...I already told her to save me one!!^_^

This message was edited Jun 28, 2009 11:47 PM

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

My order came today, I'll completely unpack them when I get home tonight, I did have enough time during lunch to at least take them out of the box. HEAVY, and they are in sealed plastic bags wrapped in wet newspaper. Can't wait to see them tonight.....

I'll post pictures when I get home.

Janet

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 9:13 PM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Janet you will be pleased.

Columbus, OH

just got home & 4 boxes were waiting on the porch. Can't wait until after a quick dinner
to open them. I know I will be happy. It is like Christmas eve & I am a child.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

confussedlady

You aren't the only one I only had 2 boxes....LOL

Here are a few pictures of what I received.

Well I tried to attach a PDF of all of them but it didn't work. I'll try later with posting pictures.

Janet

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 9:11 PM

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

I got two boxes today! Christmas in July! I planted Asao, Claire de Lune, Blue Angel and Venosa Violacea. Thank you, Debbie. Hope she has a very good rest this summer. I have already a list of what I want in September.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

remember feedback for her company.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for that reminder, I'll go post right now.

Janet

edited to ask: where do I do that at? Never left feedback before.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2009 3:45 PM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/4995/

garden watchdog

(Zone 5b)

I went to the site when this sale was first posted and put a few in my cart but was waiting to finalize my order, then forgot.. closed for the summer but probably a good thing because I have many that still need planted!

Looking forward to everyone's pix of their beauties!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.