Veggie Garden Portraits

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

LMAO GG!

Corte Madera, CA

The prettiest one took after me, and the 4th one...well, I don't know whose butt that is. Does not look like mine or Mark's. Maybe a distant relative, LOL.

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Hmm, which one is the prettiest?

It does look like a butt. But definitely not yours or mine. Ours are much better looking lol

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Oh my, it does look like a butt! But not mine, either.

Definitely not mine. LOL

Corte Madera, CA

Hello, everyone. Having a great weekend, I hope.

LOL, Linda. My season is pretty much over. No fall season here.

Joy, CDBs and Pineapple became my late in the season favorites for fresh eating.

Seray, your haul belongs here. Where's that photo of yours?

Canning, the black tomatoes really rocked the house. I canned CDBs as well and maybe I'll send a jar to Mark for analysis.

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Quoting:
Canning, the black tomatoes really rocked the house. I canned CDBs as well and maybe I'll send a jar to Mark for analysis.

I'll send you some of mine with the 70 seed varieties this week :)

Here's what I have left, take your pick....

Cherokee Purple Sauce (3 quarts)
Big Beef sauce (4 quarts)
A mix of Green Zebra, Abe Lincoln and Kellogg's Breakfast sauce (2 quarts)
Sungold (1 quart)
Black Cherry(2 quarts)
Beefsteak(1 quart)
Also have 5-6 quarts of mixed varieties.

Crestview, FL

What are CBDs? And is this pineapple one a new one? I've heard people talking about this one a lot lately and have never tried it yet.
joy

Corte Madera, CA

TSC's CDB:
http://moonglowgardens.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/territorial-seed-company-cuore-di-bue/

Pineapple:
http://moonglowgardens.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/pineapple/

I hope everybody's having a great afternoon! I'm going to watch "50 First Dates" On Demand (cable).

I liked that one. :) chick flick! LOL

Crestview, FL

Moonglow that was a great movie. That CDB looks like a real meaty one without many seeds, right up my alley. LOL I will have to try that one sometime.
joy

Corte Madera, CA

Thanks, Mark. What generous offer. Please save some Cher Purple and Black Cherry for me? Thanks. Cherry toms make great sauce. I realize though mine are not as thick as yours, so I won't offer any. No need to mail them. I'll swing by sometime.

Ladies, PLMK if you'd like some CDB seeds.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Swing by anytime :) Seeds and sauce will be waiting for you. Are we gonna have a sauce-off? Yours vs. Mine? I don't think I'm gonna win that one.

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Another one of the kids. This was the brute off the remaining LBB's

Thumbnail by Ray_Der_Phan

Beautiful portrait Moonglow! It's one of my favorites.

Ray the colors are really fantastic on the LLB's. I'm sick of BLT's. Now I'm just admiring the colors. LOL

Corte Madera, CA

thanks, seray. it's quite a beauty, isn't it?

mark, our kids sure are a funky bunch, lol. sauce-off on your kitchen counter. be ready.

Pictures please. LOL

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Quoting:
Ray the colors are really fantastic on the LLB's. I'm sick of BLT's. Now I'm just admiring the colors. LOL

LBB's are badass looking tomatoes. The pics don't do it justice. Ugh at BLTs now, I ate at least one a day for 2 months straight. Thank god it's time for new veggies lol

Quoting:
mark, our kids sure are a funky bunch, lol. sauce-off on your kitchen counter. be ready.

*removing fryer, micro, toaster, toaster oven, dehydrator and griddle off the counter*

Ok, we now have room to spread out for our sauce-off. I'm starting to think I can win this.

I may take bets on the side. LOL

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Interesting :) She might be the favorite in some eyes but don't count me out lol I will take her down!

Crestview, FL

From the pics it will be a close call, men cooks scare me, as they sure come up with some very tasty dishes.
joy

Corte Madera, CA

He's going down.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

I might be going down first but will get back on top shortly. Looks like we are starting slow and easy...

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Oops....sorry kids. Wrong pic lol

ROTFL What ya think Gymgirl? Thread has taken a spicy turn. :)

Crestview, FL

Yummmy, looks goood, I still think it's a tie though don't you seray?
joy

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Quoting:
ROTFL What ya think Gymgirl? Thread has taken a spicy turn. :)

Uh oh.....we're busted LOL

There is no losers in this "competition" :)

Corte Madera, CA

Hello, everyone! Having a great weekend, I hope.

Mark is definitely ON TOP OF HIS GAME. I tried his recipe and I must concede. He is very gracious when he said, "It's a win-win situation."

Here's what my son and I did with Mark's recipe (thickened further to make pizza sauce): Baby Bella and Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato Basil and Goat Cheese, Pecorino and Mozzarella Cheese.

Thumbnail by Moonglow

On the contrary, components of the abovementioned offerings were, in fact, grown in a self-contained veggie garden. No need 4 the thread police -- yet....^_^

Corte Madera, CA

Linda, even the BASIL leaves used were EB-grown.

Happy Sunday, everyone! Replanting herbs today and starting arugula in one EB.

Crestview, FL

Moonglow: I'm planting my herbs in little one gallon grow bags I can get from Boca Bob, I wanna save my EBs for spinach.
joy

I think these new container pics are fabulous and am waiting for more. :) All my dishes are containers. Most hold eventually veggies of some kind or another. LOL Pizzas look delicious Moonglow and your nachos Ray made me down right hungry. Spice is nice.

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

HA! Glad we didn't get in trouble for adding a little "spice" lol

SWC's saved us again :)

Back to okra and maters I guess. LOL

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

mmmmmmmmaybe :)

I am one to push the envelope a bit. But I will try to behave LOL

Corte Madera, CA

Mark trying to behave...OK, now. (1-2-3) Oooops, didn't work.

I'm planting sorrel and other leafy greens. I won't grow for the whole hood this time.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

Crestview, FL

Moonglow: Sure you will, I said that and planted way too much already. LOL
joy

I planted 3 tomato cuttings in 15 gallon tree containers; and 7 broccoli and 2 cabbage seedlings in my colander eBuckets. Have 11 more eBuckets waiting to be planted.

The eggplants were simply fainting due to lack of attention, so I watered them. They were saluting the sun this morning. I'm gonna prune back some unruly branches and fertilize them.

Will sow turnip, beets, and carrot seeds next Monday in my 2 expanded raised beds. Will plant the 11 mustards and collards in my EBs. Also will sow lettuce and spinach seeds in some 24" containers.

Linda

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10a)

Quoting:
Mark trying to behave...OK, now. (1-2-3) Oooops, didn't work.

*biting lip and tongue* ........sorry for leaving a mark LOL! Ok, 1...2...3....good boy again :)

Quoting:
I planted 3 tomato cuttings in 15 gallon tree containers; and 7 broccoli and 2 cabbage seedlings in my colander eBuckets. Have 11 more eBuckets waiting to be planted.

The eggplants were simply fainting due to lack of attention, so I watered them. They were saluting the sun this morning. I'm gonna prune back some unruly branches and fertilize them.

Will sow turnip, beets, and carrot seeds next Monday in my 2 expanded raised beds. Will plant the 11 mustards and collards in my EBs. Also will sow lettuce and spinach seeds in some 24" containers.

Linda

NICE! Looks like you are switching over too. Carrots, radishes and beets have already sprouted. Now comes the irritating part of thinning them :( This past weekend I planted 2 boxes of Brussels Sprouts(12 total). 1 Box of Peas(12 total). 1 Box of Head Lettuce(6 total). Was just about to plant a couple of boxes of broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower each but all of a sudden we're supposed to get temps in the high 80's for about 10 days. Gonna have to hold off planting anymore until the hot, dry Santa Winds pass. grrrrrr!

The problem is that the inside of my house is as hot as the outside these days. DH decided it was time to stop running the A/C. He OBVIOUSLY has no experience with hot flashes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.