It's Hot...It's Humid...Must be June! Part 3

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/999600/

Everyone is welcome to post your weather and chat a while!

76.6 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 68 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.95 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 78 °F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 92. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.

It has been a scorcher. We are on day 7 of 90+ temps with no breaks in the forecast. WX says 92/93, but it was closer to 95* Saturday and Sunday. Too hot to do anything. Even the sunbathers are complaining that it feels like 300* on the beach!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Partly cloudy, bright, light breeze and 55°F. Sunshine at the moment. Sunrise at 2:57 this morning and sunset at 10:59 pm.

Gorgeous Hibiscus Sharon. Sorry it's so hot over there ..... must be just miserable. Wish I could send over a cool breeze ..... the videos are the best I can do ... maybe if you turn the fan to top speed while watching them and think coooool 55°F it'll work ;-) lol
Probably not ...... I'm planning to do a midnight video one of these nights ......

Ric - looks great! What a difference! You must be so pleased :-) Great job!

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another beautiful morning.
65º at 6:15 AM
Wind, calm.
Partly cloudy giving way to sun.
Thunder storms this evening.

Bernie

(Zone 7a)

Very pretty Hib, Sharon. I know you hate the heat. Hope it cools a little.

Rann, I'm looking forward to the midnight video!

We might get a break in the weather for a couple od days later this week and then it'll be back to "Pacific North Wet", as one of my DBs called it! LOL

59.6 °F
Scattered Clouds with 72º for the high. It's sunny right now but it won't last.
Humidity: 59%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the SSW
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.95 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, guys! I have a project too regarding the lawn...me and DH are working on pulling the wrong grass which is a lot! So, vacation it's been like sunbathing on the lawn!LOL Not to mention the back and knees ache...ugh! Lucky the sun is up it's warm outside, 90F and just a breeze from time to time...I might think I'm near the sea!LOL
Ric,, the deck looks great, congratulations!
Rann, wow, a midnight video, can't wait to see it!Beautiful colombines color!
Sharon, what a lovely hibiscus! Love th esweet Pea with her paw up, what a cutie! Thanks for the new thread.
Celia, can't wait to see the shadow garden done!
Pepper, that's a lot of hail! I hope your plants haven't suffered too much!
Bernie, that's a lot of work to do! I hope you aren't overdoing! Nice to see your DW and the great veggies!
Kelli, what a beautiful view and color of the mountains! The dragonfly is awesome!
A view from the flower bed allong the alley.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Whew--it's sure hard to catch up with everything when you have been gone for a week. There is not any way I can comment on everything but the photos are lovely and I did skim through the posts.
It was hard to come back to heat and humidity after being in Canada where it was cool and not humid. Currently it is 91ºF and very humid at 5:20 p.m. Abundant sunshine yesterday and today but we did have some rain on Sunday. I'm sure the flowers, trees and lawns were glad of it because it dries out so fast in this kind of heat. I'm sorry to hear about the drought in Texas--sure hope you folks get some rain soon!

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to my photos of Niagara Falls--a simply awe-inspiring place!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/NiagaraFalls?authkey=G...

I also came home to daylilies blooming. This one is Pearl Harbor--a gift from another DGer on the Mid-South Forum.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 5:20 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

2 days of lower humidity here - about 50% - sure feels good. Things are taking off. Temps in the low 80's and beautiful sunshine for two days in a row.
Clematis: Climador. - It is the beginning of its third year.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina your yard and beds are filling in nicely!
LOTS of work but it's really starting to show.

Mau Welcome Back! (to the Sauna)
We used to go fishing about 70 miles north of Toronto every Summer.
Loved the cool escape.

se_eds that's a hard bloomer there. Sweet!

Rann our Columbines are already going to seed.
I miss those little guys. Thanks for the shot!

Cool Car Sharon!
As for the temps.... it's FL you KNEW it was coming....lol!
When I lived there in FT L I remember getting up one morning and it was 90° already.
That's when I started getting ready to move back up here.

It's 73° and raining about 30 miles south of us.
We may get a bit of it.
Late tomorrow T-Storms again.
We've been lucky nothing violent so far.
Some close lightning and heavy rains but little wind or drafts.

We worked on the backyard again today.
Robyn smoothed out the rough spots and planted a bunch of stuff.
I caulked the doors and preped them for painting.
Then started putting up the cedar shakes above the deck.
The blue insulation is slowly going away......lol!

They learn quickly! LOL!
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Giving it a WIDE berth! LOL

Had a great day watching TV. Discussed shade plants with my niece (she has an area that is mostl shade, too) and we had a good time. I'm going to Oregon with my brother next week so we made plans to get some plants for both of us when I get home.

Dang! I'm already missing you all!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL Celia!

Is that a Studebaker Commando back there? Oh Man!

Ric

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Hello,

Here's watch & warning weather in MO...

http://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp?region=mw&setprefs.0.key=SVRMAP&setprefs.0.val=mw#gotoMap

(Zone 7a)

Is it? I had trouble reading some of my notes for the pics.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Didn't see the bumper on it.
It's, I'm pretty sure, a 1950 Studebaker Champion.
Still a sweet ride.
I love Studebakers. If I win the lottery it will be my first car, maybe 2nd and 3rd....lol!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Oh cool! My handwriting is getting bad, even for me! LOL It does say Champion on it. Thanks, Ric.

Not the same car but...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Rann – Turn that fan this way!
Celia – LOL! I love car shows and that license plate is too funny!
Adina – Your lawn is looking good!
Mau – Your daylily is gorgeous! Love the Niagara Falls pics! I remember Joey went a couple of years ago.
Se_eds – The clematis is beautiful!
Ric – Not this soon for the August temps. Way too hot right now. What are you doing with Sylvester up there?!
Celia – That lady will be down here on the golf course soon!
Rusty – Where have you been? Watch out for that nasty weather.

77.7 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 69 °F
Wind: 3.2 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 80 °F
Clouds: Few 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. High 95. Northwest winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Heat index readings 100 to 104.

No changes in sight for the temps. WX is saying 99* this weekend. This it not normal. We’re 2 months ahead of schedule for this type of heat. I’ve had to move “sun” plants into shadier areas.

NOID brug blooming!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Pretty blustery this morning, cloudy and rain in the forecast. Temp around 50°F I think.

Sharon - the brug is gorgeous! :-)

seeds - beautiful clematis

Ric - LOL at the cat :-) The columbines are just starting up here .... that's one of the first to flower.

Marsue - welcome back! Beautiful daylily :-)

Adina - your flowerbed is looking good!

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, I just watch the babies hawk just pecked each other on foods...

So, Trying to find the way to get rid of the tree or save it but it's not work for to save tree cause of the roots so bad... So, I just hate to hire some guy know about tree safety...

I get ready for paint in bedroom as I has to clean out all the boxes out of bedroom first... It take my time not to hard work for my hip... I gonna to remove the carpet, too! It bad ugly color like salt (white) & blue...
Color will be Homestead Resort Pumpkin paint from Lowe's...

Raining still soak around here and sure lightning hit pretty bad to scared Rusty! Rusty lying down by me while I type for this...

I will be pretty busy...

Take Care....

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celia we saw a boat (yacht to me) down in NC named 'Kate's 401K'.

Wu does the same thing during a storm.
Stay Safe!
Tree experts cost some more but.....

Sharon Sylvester took a little vacation.... somewhere cool(er).
The Brugs we got from Marcy and overwintered at work are doing FAR better than any we've ever grown.
They dropped their leaves in January but were about 50% leafed out by the time we got them home in April.

Rann enjoy them!

72° and a bit hazy. That's actually a bit warm for this early in the morning.
If we get any rain it's supposed to be overnight.
Shouls get to 82° today.

We're currently making Ice Cream.
Bought a new IC maker on Amazon. Prices have come WAY down... technology WAY up so...
The old salt and ice is a memory.
So the testing begins.
One of the ORVG members makes her own Yogurt and we're going to give it a try.
Then it's Frozen Yogurt! W/ real Vanilla Beans.

Here I am working on the patio.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

A VERY rare shot.
Spook almost never comes outside.
Guess she likes the deck.

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

65.8 °F with 76º for the high. Going to be nice today so I can get something done outside.
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 44 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 13000 ft
Scattered Clouds 16000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Ric - Spook looks happy 'cause now she can go outside without getting her pretty paws dirty ;-) lol She's a beauty!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Ric, Spook is a beauty...they both are! I was going to say the same as Celia!LOL Good job!
Mau, great pics! Welcome back!
I have daylilies blooming too!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

67 º and 3/10'' of rain so far. It's been a wonderful cool, if not downright chilly, two weeks of June. After today tho... it's going to get hot and really stormy. I DO hope they're lying about the straight line winds we might have later this week!

I've been outside most of these days trying to catch up on weeding and gardening. The spinich is bolting so I'm blanching and freezing most of it now. The pulled spinich rows will be my next green bean plantings for canning.

We had the grandson's overnight Sunday, so we set up the tent and slept out. (We slept on the air mattress.) It was nice!

I'm so far behind it's hard to get back in the groove. I seem to have 50 things on my mind.

Sharon, a beautiful Hibiscus bloom to start us off!

Rann, I need your early sunrise. I never have enough time in a day to get it all done :o) I love your columbine!! Mine are almost done.

Bernie, your weather is my weather.

Kwanjin, love the ''black and white''

Adina, you have the perfect place for the flowerbed! I'd love to have the same set-up!

Mau, gorgeous daylily! Mine are just putting up stalks.

Seeds, what a lovely color for a clematis! Very calming.

Ric, I see you and Robyn are busy as usual. Love the cactus and the pussy footin!

Kwanjin, Oregon sounds like a nice place to bring back iris from! It's so nice to have someone to talk plants with. Love the lady picture :o) DH likes to go to car shows and I enjoy it too. Too bad he doesn't enjoy plants as much.

Rusty, hope you don't get bad weather. The pumpkin color sounds beautiful! Take your time and yes, go easy on that hip!

Sharon, it's too hot!! Lovely Brug!

Ric, we made ice cream for my Dad's b'day at the end of May, but with ice and salt and it's a fairly new maker LOL! ROTFL over ''you'' working on the patio!! Gorgeous white kitty! Love her name!

Kwanjin, Have a Happy day!!

Just make a game of it and lock em up!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

bp I know at least 5 people who will pay big bucks for that cage now that school's out.....

Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOLOL!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, BP, at locking up the grandkids!
Celia: love the classic cars and how about that hairdo! It's a classic, too! LOL Have a great time in Oregon with your brother next week! I'll be interested in hearing more about that shade garden when you get back.
Ric:

Quoting:
When I lived there in FT L I remember getting up one morning and it was 90° already.
That's when I started getting ready to move back up here.

You are just too funny! Also, ROFLOL at "you" working on the patio and the kitty taking a wide berth around the cactus. It doesn't take a smart cat long to learn to stay away from those things! By the way, did you by any chance go fishing in the Grand River when you were in Canada?
Rusty: let us know how the painting and remodeling comes along. The color sounds pretty.
Sharon: it's been unseasonably hot here, too. Yesterday it was in the 90's which is unusual for June.
No clouds and plenty of sunshine and currently 90º! We usually don't get this kind of heat until mid-July. I postponed mowing the yard yesterday because of the heat. I think I may have to do that again today. The grass doesn't grow as fast when it is this hot. (excuses, excuses! LOL)

The bee balm, both purple and red, are growing like crazy in my flowerbed. They must love this heat! That's the Pearl Harbor daylily to the right.

Thumbnail by marsue
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, a lovely shade of orange! For June, daylilies are my favorite! They do better than my roses.

Ric, LOL! And vacation has only begun!! They wanted back in later that day too!

Marylyn, all my favorite flowers in one bed! My beebalm hasn't started, but it won't be long. I have those colors and the pink.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That IS really pretty, Marilyn!

(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL at those kids!!! Perfect!

Mau, Jean has already picked a few items for her shady spots. Impatiens, coral bells and fuchsias. My bee balm hasn't bloomed yet, either. If I remember correctly, the lady had conflicting colors, which would be perfect for Sharon's golf courses! LOL

Adina, gorgeous daylily.

DebinSC last fall sent me some Louisiana Iris 'Gamecock' and today I found this!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

2PM~ 58 mostly cloudy but warm, degrees.
Yesterday, it was up to 67*F and we experienced a wonderful thunder storm in the early evening. We were at the gkids soccer practice and watched the sky darken over the mts. Very impressive sight and doesn't happen too often.
Loved catching up w/you all. Can't seem to get back in sync with thread.
11pm last night a faint rainbow lit up a portion of the vertical face of Pioneer Peak.

Thumbnail by kiska

Rusty – You always busy! I hope the storms have stopped so Rusty can get some peace. I’d ask for advise too about the tree.
Ric – A word of warning…Sylvester is a pig in cats skin..uh fur! I’m glad your brugs made. I really thought I had lost ours to all the freezes over the winter. Now you’ve done it…you made me want an ice cream maker sigh… LOL at your yard worker! Spook is a beauty and so dainty! Is she solid white?
Adina – Pretty daylilys!
Sally – How much for the cage?
Mau – Your garden is beautiful! It really is way too hot for June. Even my friends who LOVE the heat are complaining!
Celia- Beautiful iris!
Kiska- That is the most beautiful picture! I’m having issues keeping up too. Seems there isn’t enough time in a day to do everything I want/need.

Now
Through 630 PM...isolated showers and thunderstorms continue to develop over northeast Florida. The showers are moving south at 10 to 15 mph. The heaviest activity will move into areas near Talbot Island...Mayport...Palm vally... Fruit Cove...St Augustine...Hastings...Crescent Beach...Palm Valley...Lake Butler and La Crosse. Expect...heavy downpours...strong gusty winds...small hail and dangerous cloud to ground lightning with thunderstorm activity. Heavy downpours of rain will produce ponding water on roads.

We had a small storm breeze through around 5pm. Just enough to steam everything up... :P

Lady Margaret is alive and kicking!

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Rann, I think the reason why Hildur Eva thought the videos were boring is because she didn't have a part in making them - some sibling rivalry there.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on June 16, 2009
77 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 17 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Steady)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3800 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Here's my archnemisis, baby mockingbird. This thing squeals loudly every three seconds from sunup until dark. It about drives me nuts. I guess it's obvious that I am not from the South. He's kind of cute, but I get tired of listening to him.

Thumbnail by Kelli

cholla cactus

Thumbnail by Kelli

I like peach flowers with grey foliage. This is some kind of kalanchoe.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

LOL - Kelli - you might be on to something there .... she really didn't see the point in "filming" the route to Reykjavík which we drive all the time .... very mundane to her ;-) lol Although she did make a point quite a few times that the video wasn't very good (and that it was certainly because Selma didn't do a good enough job! lol)

I empathize with you on the loud mockingbird baby ..... we don't have mockingbirds over here but we have Starlings and when the babies leave the nest they don't stop their shreeking for a few days ..... They were really driving me nuts a while back, there seemed so many of them they must have been from more than one nest. My yard was like a starling nursery! lol Can't tell you how glad I was when they flew off finally! lol

Very pretty flowers!

Mau - wonderful photos from Niagara! Your flowerbed is stunning! Love that combination :-)

Sharon - AHH Lady Margaret - always a pleasure :-)

Kiska - beautiful view :-)

Sally - LOL at the grandkids :-)

Celia - pretty iris. Has anyone heard from Deb lately? Haven't seen her around here for a while.

Have a good night. Tomorrow is a holiday - our Independence Day :-)

Rann

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mau GREAT Photos!
We were mostly lake fishers up there and in FL and creek fishers around here.
Rice Lake comes to mind in Ont.
Lovely Monarda! They just mildew up here.

Sharon, Alton Brown's Vanilla Ice Cream recipe is perfect!
Add 3/4 cup Dutch Cocoa and so is the Chocolate.
I have Mexican Vanilla Beans coming from Boston Vanilla....... YUM!
Spook is pure white and a short hair, Missy pure white med/long hair,
Kat a pure black w/ just a small spot of white short hair and Emmit is almost a tuxedo. All share the same mother........

Rann HAPPY Holiday!
Fireworks film?

Kelli I love the Cholla. We raised them for a while. Never seen the flowers before. Gorgeous!
We have a mockingbird that does Cardinal and Hawk calls.... drives the squirrels crazy!

ANOTHER T-Storm is moving thru.
I went out and scrubbed the deck down as it started.
Nature's pressure wash!
The deck is done, final tally.
One 11x6 deck and 3 4x4 steps. So 114 square' of not mud! LOL!
Now we have to find more cedar shingles. Lowe's no longer carries them.

Thumbnail by henryr10
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

HOT and HUMID!!!! Last night we had some major storms roll through. No damage around here but Drexel, MO got up to 90- 110 mph straight line winds and have damage on 45% of the buildings in town. They are hardest hit.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I forgot to add a shot BEFORE the storm.
Here's where we finished off.

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Starlings, for some reason, bother me more than any other bird. I chase them out of the neighborhood! LOL The robins, house finches, sparrows and goldfinches all have babies in the surrounding trees.

I see Deb now and then and here and there. I sent her a d-mail with a pic of the flower.

Ric, I'm liking your skills more and more.

I found a pic of our house when we bought it. Quite a change, now, from all the weeds and that stupid tree in front of the window.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli – Cool flowers!
Ric – You’re killing me with the ice cream! I just might have to break down…Conograts on the deck being complete! Must be a nice feeling knowing the hard part is over. Now you can concentrate on the little “wants” not “needs”!
Pepper – Wow – stay safe in those storms. Hurricane force winds…
Celia- The lawn looks so much different! Good job!

72.1 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 68 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 71 °F
Clouds: Overcast 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 92. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Heat index readings 99 to 103. sigh

We had a serious storm blow through late last night and well into the morning. Too dark to see how much rain and if there are any plants down. The lightening started around 10:30. It woke me up, not from the noise, but from the flashes across the windwos. Looked like someone was waving a flashlight in the back yard.

Callie in her perch

Thumbnail by MySharona

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.