My Morning Glory Adventures continued..

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I can't wait to see your new bed with all the plants!

I love Monarda and had a pink one that came back two years in a row and then lost it forever. :-( The ones you sent didn't make it! I don't know what I am doing wrong by those plants. Oh well ...

I love the pink blooming bindweed! That is really pretty. I was looking at the leaves on it and they look similiar to the Yellow Chinese MG leaves on the other thread. Only the bindweed looks more trailing bushy and less vine-like.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 9:53 AM

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ok wanting to move into Debra s garden the flowers are so pretttttttyyyyyy!!!!!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

a few shots of some more of my backyard with my adventure of growing morning glories
the south corner barrell looking west and north

Thumbnail by joeswife

under the patio umbrella looking north and west , the brug /vine corner, the new flower bed on the north fence, and here you can see the northwest corner barrell, I took out the sweet peas I ate them, an now the wire is ready for the mgs..

Thumbnail by joeswife

turning around in my chair, here is what I see, my prenniel pots full of helens flower, babays breath, yellow eveing primrose and bacheller buttons too name just a few.. behind that is the bean patch and then the house garden bed..

Thumbnail by joeswife

a little more to the right and you can see the north side of the back porch, with the oriental stargazers, brugs, 4 o clocks, rock garden plants dahlia and more.. ( to the right upper corner of the picture) and the bottom part of the view I just posted, with the water fountain going full of starts that I am rooting..three hibiscus I overwintered are now blooming, and the cosmos is almost ready to pop open.. you can see the tops of the green bean plants they are so full and tall

Thumbnail by joeswife

moving my eyes to the bottom along the north east corner of the patio I get to enjoy my hibiscus blooms, geraniums, jasmines, penstamons, heliotrope, i. batatas, liatris, and more..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I can't resist a close up

Thumbnail by joeswife

be still my heart, framed by tomatoe plants waiting to go into a garden somewhere..
knowing that the beans and potatoes will be gone by the en of july, I sprinkle in seeds around the plants so that they will be there when we pull the old things out.. and have ready larger plants from seed in pots waiting to use the empty garden plot as their new home..

Thumbnail by joeswife

looking to the left I see this corner from a different view, you can see rebecca climbing the plant stand pole, and the other mgs as well.. blackie i. batata framing the begonias with jean pasko brugmasia in the middle of that pot..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - YOU have a very, very GREEN THUMB!!!! WOW! Your potted plants look awesome!!!

Becky, thanks.. but let me remind you, YOU DO TOO! here is a closeup of that plant I didn't remember what it was earlier in the thread.. it bloomed

Thumbnail by joeswife

here we are looking down at the "Rebecca" area as I fondly call it.. that plant in the round pot , and the zinnias, and the other two jmgs I lost the tag for and the daturas to the right, and in the little corner is a tiny square pot of a seedlig from a double ruffle purple rose of sharon I nabbed from Paulas old house before she moved last summer, and now I have a little rose of sharon seedling, to put in the yard at her new house.. I have been caring for this little guy since I sank him in the soil..

Thumbnail by joeswife

inside that south corner barrell I found little miss american pie blooming.. ( dark angel dahlia)

Thumbnail by joeswife

I was so intrigued by this stem shot I just had to post it.. it is from the moon vine I think the lavender one.. but I could be wrong on the ID

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the whole plant pot.. I need longer sticks.. it is way above the one I gave it three days ago..

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the backside of the barrell on the south corner of the patio.. I need to re-pot the cannas an the daturas .. they have broke out of the pot..

Thumbnail by joeswife

south fence, just west of the vine trellis, this is Chrissy, ( big plant), and my mini roses, morning glorys, lillies, loniceras ( john clayton has really taken off this year) sweet autumn clematis, geraniums ( horizon mix), impatiens, stokes asters, violets, and more

Thumbnail by joeswife

south end of the dog run fence, impatiens and cosmos, morning glorys and more, I have a table set up from the old picnic table inside the dog run , I use it as a nursery for seedlings and such

Thumbnail by joeswife

around the old pear tree..

Thumbnail by joeswife

the back flower bed, with the big rock, and the old porch rail frm miss kittys house

Thumbnail by joeswife

and the fence garden to the left of that area

Thumbnail by joeswife

still on the south side, going east now.. Peach versi has a child, and here she is.. the rest of her is above the picture ..
you can see my miko no mai there to the lower right, and the upper left of the picture is my butterfly weed with buds

Thumbnail by joeswife

on the other side of the yard, in the northwest corner area.. I have blooms about to open

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra i agree with Becky... you deffinately have green fingers... excellent :-)

Debra - Ooookay ... I just have to ask this question ... do you get pears to eat from your tree??? I am just fascinated with the idea of a "Pear" tree! How cool!

It doesn't get any greener than your yard and garden plants, either!! :-)

yup we eat the pears, when the squirels leave us some, but this late freeze killed off the blooms too early this spring, so havn't seen any on here like last year and years past.. I do have three pear tree seedlings growing from the last pear of last year.. do you want one? they would do well down there! LOL okay, I just had to go out at 6:30am to see what happened to my almost ready to open buds.. and here is what I saw..

Thumbnail by joeswife

well pooie.. so excited wrong picture LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife

well I had this post all ready and my internet wireless went out with the last clap of thunder.. I was in a hurry as I was taking pictures this am and I got this close up, not as good as I had hoped.. it is pouring here, tornado watch out and hail is a county away.. I will go out in the am and see which name this is ..it is from Eliz ( Evr) and was loaded with buds , but the two blooms were closed up tight in the 94 temp at 5:30 this evening, I can't wait to see which of all these MGs I have planted everywhere are going to make it in this crazy Kansas weather.. no more rain in the forcast after tonight for the next 4 days of almost 100 degree weather, but getting enough tonight to keep everything damp under ground I think... Darling Joe went out and brought my desert Rose in so she wouldn't get drowned... was so glad to see he cared..

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 11:28 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife

Tonight my GS and my darling youngest daughter and I went out to a fabric store .. the two kids (20 Joanna and 15, Chevy) got 70.00 worth of blanket material to make these non sewn blankets, and I found this skein of lions mane yarn that is real thick and suede like and that was regular 6.95, but got it for a dollar, decided to use it to train and make twining guides for all these vines growing around here.. made out plans to build my wall of vines around the patio, now that they are all vining, it is time.. got the tall poles and the ties and now I will get those going.... today while outside in the yard I found my Apricot Nector had bloomed.. now tonight she is open full, got a whiff of her before it started raining.. yummy!

Thumbnail by joeswife

I found last night another I. Carnea planted in the front triangle Garden as I was pulling out the primrose and planting more pentas, there is an MG tree to the right and left of the plumeria tree start now, both up the same height, also the liatris is about to bloom, the bud on the plantesis is still a bud, I fed them all last nite and the hattie Bell that had so many blooms and so many seed pods I had replanted in the same planter and it is already up after three days.. the fluff around two of the big Planters has bloomed these cute little pansie like faces that look like little tiger faces, but could snap a picture of them as I found them in the dark when we got home, this am I did get a shot of my beautiful red Yarrow that has finally started to bloom ( from seed)

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009 12:20 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife

I also got a nice shot of my gorgeous sweet Pea the name is Royal wedding I love it..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Jacobs Cline was really showing off this am so got a pic of that , while muttering to myself how I had to go to work and hated the thought of missing out on so many blooms today.. *sigh* all I can think of is my garden and plants and flowers and trees, and just hate it when I have to leave at this time of the year..

Thumbnail by joeswife

cut the latest bunch of easter lillys since it was raining and had laid them over.. my daughter admonished me to "be sure and wipe their noses, mom" as I brought them in, she had to do tht when se worked at the store I got these from at close out when they were fresh and being sold at easter last year.. she says the pollen will turn the petals brown, so I said "go for it" here is the second vase of blooms , I have two vases of them now and they smell lovely..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I also took a shot this am of the north side of the patio since it looked so serene and beautiful, I had planned on taking the camera to work to download to my desktop, as I take my garden to work with me and have all my flowers in front of me while I work..
hubby wants to know where I plan to put the mg curtains (wall) this year, I usually have it on this side, but my plan is for the south side of the patio so I can see the blooms easily instead of the neighbors

Thumbnail by joeswife

also caught this little guy getting ready to open, he didn't have enough light yet to open all the way that early in the am.. but I hope it decides to climb that wire there left for him..( back out tommorrow before we leave to unwind and rewind again)

Thumbnail by joeswife

I brought Cameo Elegance in so I could see the next bloom, she has revived since I brought her in, and she has produced what looks to be a seed pod for me so far..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Raikou is still blooming, I just keep missing them.. I hope I get a pod from this long lasting vine for me.. I have had it going since winter..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - WOW! I love this photo! Look at all the blooms!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6693551

Your Jacobs Cline looks gorgeous!!! Oooo oooo ...

I can almost smell your Easter Lily blooms! You must smile all the time when you are at home! :-)

Well, finally I get to sit down and actually tell the tale of the wonderful adventure while out looking for the wild flowers and morning glorys of Kansas... we started out a little late, since the kids stayed up all night making their blankets, and after 8 pairs of scizzors, they finally got them done.. we left at 8 thirty, me in a tizzy because I had planned on leaving at 5 thirty instead..
hats, bags, buckets, shovels, diggers, paper towels, bug spray snacks and water.. we ended up somehow in oklahoma at the border of Kansas, at a place called Coon Creek.. but the first stop was in between Winfield and Arkansas City at a cemetary I didn't know was there, and of course, my youngest being the cemetary goddess.. ( she loves them .. UGH) we went down this winding road to a wonderland of wild flowers everywhere.. after driving the whole length of the winding road we stopped to get some seed pods, and she took this first picture whcih is fuzzy of the little pink bindweed, of which I got seeds from.. I tried to tell her to use the viewfinder and not the led screen to see what she was doing, and out of 8 snaps this is the best shot I could present tonight..

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009 11:10 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.