Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: October 2014 From Fall Colors to Raking Leaves, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: October 2014 From Fall Colors to Raking Leaves

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of October 2014 From Fall Colors to Raking Leaves
shortleaf wrote:
Oh I didn't mean to imply that your bamboo is unruly, Betty, sorry about that. I just saw a friend's bamboo grove start out small and become a real problem in a few short years.

A plant doctor huh?! Well, I DO claim to know everything but a plant doctor might be above my expertise! Haha!

I hope your sister recovers well, Joyce.

Cool concrete creations, ju. When I tried that they fell apart.

You saw The Box Trolls, bp? We saw The Equalizer Saturday. Denzel Washington plays a "Home Depot" hero. It's not called Home Depot in the movie, it's called "Home Mart" but it's obvious who they mean. I wonder if our very own pepper is an Equalizer when she's not at work?! Well, I don't wanna give away the suspense and everything. A Home Depot employee would find it interesting too.

Yes, I remember the Disney movies would come on at 6 oclock every Sunday and we'd watch them every time.

I remember the 60's but I don't remember much as I was a toddler. But, I wish I remembered more of the 60's, that was a time full of so much history and stuff.

How's the new truck doing, pepper?

Sorry to hear you couldn't post the big one, bad. Hehe.. Dave isn't here anymore that I know of, he sold Davesgarden years ago. He runs another gardening website now called http://www.cubits.org , I'm there too, I am shortleaf there as well but I hardly ever go there right now.
Actually, the lady "leaflady" is the one who suggested it to me. She is kinda the founder of this forum in 2006.

That's alot of rain unfortunately, Cyb, hope your throat is doing better.

My friend had a swing similar to yours, green, but all that's left is the metal frame now. The actual swing part of it deteriorated after about 5 years outside because it wasn't taken care of at all. Now, it's used to hang clothes on for garage sales, (see it over on the left in the third pic?)

That stray cat that I spoke of up there is still here, we are keeping it, it's a nice cat, it was done bad by whoever let it out right before winter.

Yes it does indeed, a lotta work going on there, Dawn. In a year or two it will look like a million bucks I bet! I'm trying to figure something out with the front yard here. I'd love to do a whole mossy front yard but I don't even know how to get started. In a month or two it will be covered in leaves. There are 2 large Pin Oaks in the front yard and they have always loved dropping tons of leaves!

Today, I shined up another brass handle on a window. Ya know, I'm trying to turn this into the "shining up brass forum"..lol J/k, but I just love doing this, it makes such an improvement and I'm easily amused! lol The first pic is before and the second pic is after I shined it up with my trusty wire wheel! Well, tomorrow I officially become a booth dealer in a flea market! Come by and browse my wares! I know everybody seeks my autograph but I won't be there! You just kinda set your stuff up for sale there, it's like a store. There won't be any weed paraphernalia or pipes or anything there for you guys!..Hehe!
Will

This message was edited Oct 6, 2014 10:35 PM