Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest
shortleaf wrote:
Pepper, oh pepper.. where'd you go? Do you still have computer problems? You know, I am an unemployed certified computer technician. Not that I'd charge you or anything but I would look at it.

Wow, ju, they have grown. Here is a Spiderplant of mine today. I set it out in the yard about a month ago and a couple of babies have rooted to the ground! Bless their hearts! I'll mow around them I suppose but come cold they'll get zapped for their trouble. If anybody wants them, they can have them. pic #1
The ones that rooted are the middle baby and a little one right of it. They stayed on the ground when I lifted the big plant up on a chair to get the picture. - pic #2

Here's some of that striped Wondering Jew. - pic #3 It's also in the yard for now..lol

That is a nice Daylily, ju. Those are some colorful flowers for the butterflies as well.
I agree ju, everybody here has nice gardens, except for me! Glad to hear your not giving up gardening.

Anybody know, do Ligularias get yellow flowers? My Ligularias 'Midnite Lady' from pepper has got yellow flowers! - pic #4

Here is the Papyrus I got at the Spring Roundup. I believe I got it from Jw. It has really grown alot, I think I'm gonna try to grow it big, like 6 feet tall! I've seen them big and tall at Heartland Nursery for $125. Not that I'm selling it then, I think it's neat as heck.
Will