Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2014....Last of summer start of harvest
shortleaf wrote:
You might have to give up gardening ju?! That wouldn't be good.

The 62 year old Ivy seems to be doing well! Oops, nevermind, now I feel stupid, the Ivy is gone! lol sowwy.. : )

Oh, you have 10 photos of plants in your dmail to help me identify, Debra! I know you told me what they are at the RU but I forgot.. lol Thanks for being so patient... : ) Such nice pics Debra, you sure were in a pic mood! Thanks for the pics of your Honeysuckles, they are colorful.

You sure got the onions there CG, that was some work picking all those!

Happy Birthday to Chloe! Thats alot of maters, cukes and peppers, Bad. That's a big mater with the girl unless she has a tiny head!

Thanks for the offer on the Pokeberry, Debra, maybe you can bring it to the RU.

Joyce, I potted up a Nanking Cherry seedling for you. I have one less than I said, one had succumbed to something when I wasn't looking but the remaining 4 seedlings are champs. - pics 1 and 2
I started to pot up 2 to give you but they were more entangled in the roots than I thought.
The one I potted up was over to the side and I barely had to tug so I think it'll be fine.
I don't yank anymore these days, I learned my lesson there! lol The other three were way too crowded to try to separate, sorry. Whenever you get this way, come on over and get it.
That's yours, Joyce in the square black pot and the other three Nanking seedlings and tangled together so best just to lave them that way I suppose. See the fifth dead seedling that died on me on the left of that mass of roots from the 3 good seedlings? And then, that's the 3 Nankings after I potted them up in the second pic. That TropiCanna Gold for $2 is doing me proud! - pic #3

Joyce, do you recognize this seedling that I found growing in the big clump of Tigerlilies that you gave me in 2009? I thought I'd pot it up and ask you before I threw it out. I know you have nice gardens and I thought maybe it was something you had that stayed dormant all these years perhaps. - pic #4 That's it up close in the black pot.
Will

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 6:14 PM

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 8:51 PM