Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014, 4 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Another very hot day here … still no rain.

Cody, I’m guessing it’s pretty cold where you are.

Teresa, hope you get your ‘spots’ sorted, your sunny / shady ones that is.

Nev, I am hoping to get a small parcel off to you on Monday. No pups yet from Hearts Music x Grace Darling but I’ll put you on the list as I don’t think it wise for you to hop the fence to ‘borrow’ one. Love the vrieseas in your pics … hard to pick one but if I could have two, I’d go for pics 1 and 4.

Nev, if you still have spare seed from Ae Bromeliifolia Rubra, I would love to try to grow some too, please.

Colleen, looking forward to seeing the pic of your Ae Fasciata Clara.

Jean, I just can’t imagine having a heater on at this time of year. We are sweltering, it’s very dry and the broms are burning.

I have neo Midnight too Jean, it was originally named Voodoo. Thanks so much for keeping a pup for me from neo Kahala Midnight. And yes, I was talking about a pic from the old thread, Dec 28 in fact.

Ian, I am guessing you are not looking forward to next week and returning to work. The only thing I miss about work is the air con on really hot days like we are having, oh, and the pay packet too.

Ian, so many pots and so neat too. If you happen to have lots of Ae bromeliifolia seed and can spare some, I would love some as well, please.

Now to find some pics to share …

Pic 1 – neo Dr Oesser Variegated, pic 2 – neo Inkwell, one of many suffering burn marks, pic 3 – neo Leopard Ray, pic 4 – Ae Melodrama, pic 5 – Vr Black Beauty

Bye for now, Shirley