Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: November 2013 - The cold and the holiday season is here!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: November 2013 - The cold and the holiday season is here!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of November 2013 - The cold and the holiday season is here!
shortleaf wrote:
It has indeed been pouring! I would be surprised if we still have a deficit of rain on the year.
That is some nice memories ju, thanks. Your test tube Daylily is beautiful.

Those 4 big 'Watermelon' Coleus cuttings that I made about a month ago are looking real nice! -
pic #1 Anybody want one at the Roundup? Happ has dibs on one, anybody else?
I'll probably trim them up some, they're not too straight looking, right now they are going all directions! lol I'm sure that after I trim them that they'll perk right back up and look alive.

My white Mums are still bringing in a white flower like there's no tomorrow! pic #2

You bringing in a Banana tree happ? Is it a Banana 'basjoo'?

I leave my 2 'basjoo's outside.
I had 4 but the 2 left overwintered okay the last 2 years. Of course, the Winter of 2011/2012 was real mild, about anything would've overwintered then as I think 29° was as low as it got. I still wish the following Summer of 2012 hadn't happened as it killed 3 nice well-grown plants here, 2 big Dwarf Alberta Spruces and a nice laceleaf Japanese Maple.
Here's one of them, (on the other side of the Walmart sack).
It'll be interesting to see how this 'basjoo' in a pot does this Winter as it is in a pot but buried in some mulch a few inches. That's it on the other side of the red Flowering Dogwood also buried and in a pot, and the Colorado Blue Spruce 'Globosa', in the 4th pic.
Will