Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Water Gardening: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?
shortleaf wrote:
Wow, they sure look like those Heart and Flowers, maybe that's another name for them. In my experience, Mezoo doesn't have that many flowers. It could be that they're happier in that region, I dunno. Hope you get to feeling better, unfortunately a cold could turn into something else like Pneumonia or something, do take care Mother Winter.
Oh, we'd love some rain here!

Hi mittsy, that might be an unvariegated one perhaps. Maybe some members uploaded photos, like mine, of their variegated ones, not sure myself. I like that one too though.

Oh, I was mistaken about what's in my resin planter, it's a Colorado BlueSpruce 'Globosa', pic #1. -

You have the Biglots bridge too eh, elfenqueen? I need to paint the one here or put Thompson's Waterseal on it or something, it is changing colors, that can't be good. It's a cool bridge though, I love it. Has that Spiderplant baby arrived yet? The Dunk hasn't got here yet. I was hoping that baby would get there before the weekend, I hope it isn't too dried out, I got tons more tho if it is.

Today, I went to Walmart and Lowes looking for bulbs of Caladium, no bulbs for sale anywhere.
But, I did come across several small plants that were under $3 apiece so I bought them.
Not entirely sure what they are (2 of them) but I know one is a purple Sweet Potato vine, it's not hardy here but I'll go the extra twenty feet and bring it in, in the Fall. The other 2 is what I'll be researching on the botanical names, they look entirely like a small Caladium, 1 is called 'Butterfly' and the other is called 'Marie'. I believe I got the 2 Caladiums sitting in the water and the Sweet Potato Vine on the dry middle tier so it can trail over the edge, pics 2 & 3. Here is that Dwarf Fountain Grass 'Hameln' that I was talking about, it's not in the resin pot anymore, I swapped pots with the 'Globosa' - pic #4. It started out small, but the hope is it will get quite big and fill that pot out good. My BIL and Sister had one and it got huge.
Will