Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Water Gardening: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?
shortleaf wrote:
Oh, I know what resin is now, it's those expensive, light pots that are thick and made to resemble concrete. I think I do have one back there, I bought it last year, it has a Dwarf Fountain Grass 'Hameln' in it. Mine was only $30 but it's big, and kinda smooth and plain, not one of the nicer ones.
Yeah, those big clay pots are HEAVY! I wouldn't get one, I want to keep a good back as long as possible! I am starting to fill my pots made of anything with mulch, I figure hay will be next, I like light pots! I'll post a photo of a Coral Bells in an old Apple basket that I made today, it's full of mulch..lol

Those sinkholes are nasty, I believe one opened up in Fla. last year and swallowed a part of a house AND a guy that was sleeping in it, it killed him, if I remember the story right. I was telling this friend lady of mine on the Emerald Coast, Kayjones. I think she got tired of me saying the whole state of Fla. will be under water (fact) when the polar ice-caps melt, and not to buy a home there..lol

I believe that sinkhole is down the street from DisneyWorld or something, that can't be good for business.

It sounds like you leave your Spiderplants out all year, Bonnie? I have to bring mine in. On putting it on top of my fountain, I did and it looked like crap. I took it down and put a Mezoo up there and it looked great, the only thing about it is, it's a houseplant. - But, it does look quite spanking! You know, like the spanking button on Seinfeld?! Here's a few different angles so you can see stuff in the background. Haha, the background of other people's pics are as interesting as what the pic is of! lol I just realized that I didn't get a photo of the Wild Grapevine today! Welp, I did take a photo of it I see, and it was definitely in the fountain when I took the pic of the Mezoo up there. What happened I guess, is I put the Wild Grapevine out of sight, on the other side, I'm such a dufus, sorry! : )
Will

This message was edited Aug 17, 2013 10:16 PM