Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too
shortleaf wrote:
I like how this striped Wondering Jew is so solid and has grown so fast. I'd like to build a planter maybe the dimensions of 4 to 6 inches deep and maybe shaped like a stop sign, about 4 feet wide all around. - pic #1

This next photo is 4 of my extra goodies aka plants! lol You know, those that you buy because it's an incredibly good deal but have absolutely nowhere to plant it?!
Well, actually only 1 is like that as I grew the 2 Oaks and a Kentucky Coffeetree from seeds. But that Leyland Cypress I bought on clearance I think about 3 years ago for $3. - 2nd pic. The 2 Oaks are a Bur Oak and in the back is a Swamp White Oak I grew from an acorn from Powell Gardens here in Missouri. I intend to repot it soon into a bigger pot, it has outgrown that one I'm pretty sure. I got the Bur Oak acorn from a park here in Independence as well as the Coffeetree seed came from Burr Oak state park, (yes, they spell it like that..lol) The Swamp White Oak has an incredible Fall color now while it's young, I think it'll get kinda dull later though. The next 3 pics are of my Butterfly Bush 'Nanho Blue'. It even has a Butterfly on it! Maybe it's called a Fritolary. Do you see it?! It's cream color.
In the 4th pic it's on the left, in the last pic it's on the right, it flew around alot!
In the third pic, my Hall's Honeysuckle is really growing down the other side of my homemade arbor!
Will

This message was edited Aug 5, 2013 8:28 PM