Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Photos from around the yards of some family & mine too
shortleaf wrote:
Here is my Ponderosa Pine after I potted it up into a bigger black plastic pot. -
I got this Ponderosa Pine from a souvenir t-shirt from the ArborDay gift-shop in Jan. 2004! I wish I had a place to plant it permanently, I just love the tree! Ponderosa Pine is kinda unique to this area, it has cool longer needles, unlike the common Eastern White Pines, Scots Pines and Austrian Pines that are way more popular around here. I don't think Austrian Pine needles are that short but they are quite a bit shorter than Ponderosa Pine's. And, did I mention that Ponderosa Pine is native to the U.S.? Unlike Scots and Austrian Pines, which aren't. Anyway, that pic is no. 1. -

Can you believe there used to be a waterpond right here?! #2 -
Here is what that spot looked like 2 years ago! #3 - Now, you can't even see the former clothesline post, the Hall's Honsuckle has grown a bunch!
Oh, and here is what that Ponderosa Pine used to be in, it was time to upsize!
I resurfaced the top of my succulent/cactus planter with just sand, no little rocks now, it looks better. - last photo -