Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: 6' x 6' raised bed salad garden box. (My hope), 2 by myalpinegarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright myalpinegarden

In reply to: 6' x 6' raised bed salad garden box. (My hope)

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of 6' x 6' raised bed salad garden box.  (My hope)
myalpinegarden wrote:
Hello to all my garden helpers. Am very excited to tell you that as of today, about 7 days from planting, my garden box is doing wonderful. Today, I have cucumbers, 3 different bush beans, and sugar snap peas all pushing their little heads up through the soil, looking happy and healthy. Another miracle since we have had an absolutely terrible spring, too wet, too cold, and overcast. But I continue to cover my bed with garden fabric, during the evenings, which is keeping them safe from the wind and other uncharacteristic elements. My potatoes, planted into fabric potato bags, are really growing, and strong and getting ready I am sure to grow some stems and blossoms. I can't wait to be able to feed on baby, new potatoes.

So I thank you all again for your very helpful ideas and suggestions. I did take your advice and have my husband make my garden box 4 feet wide x 8 feet long, and it is just great. I can easily reach across, and walk around, and happily tend to my garden.

Hoping that all of your gardens are doing as well as mine.

Jeanette