Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: Florida Chit-Chat #10 - Summertime

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Florida Chit-Chat #10 - Summertime
lourspolaire wrote:
Hi, all.

Yesterday, my friend Marc-André and I drove to Homestead for one of our nursery shopping sprees. Once in Homestead, we stopped for a milk shake at Robert Is Here, we tried to purchase alligator meat at the alligator farm, but there was none to be had. We stopped at the Gator Grill for an alligator combo plate (delicious), we went to RF Orchids, Florida Colors, found a great place to purchase large terracotta pots with a gorgeous cobalt blue glaze, shopped for rare palms, etc. By the time 5PM rolled around, the car was very full and we returned home. We had 3 more stops on our list, but the day is only so long and I don't drive a 55-foot semi trailer. Marc-André was busy planting today. It was too hot and sticky for me to do anything like that, as far as I was concerned. I watered the shade garden under the carport at 9AM this morning and sweat was dripping at the end of my nose. So, we took refuge in the house, watched 6 episodes of Games of Thrones and relaxed. I include a few pictures taken along our stops.

Take care, everyone.
Sylvain.