Peonies: Nitrogen, 2 by Cem9165

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cem9165

In reply to: Nitrogen

Forum: Peonies

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Nitrogen
Cem9165 wrote:
Birder, I don't know if the nitrogen will help the stems get stronger, I know it helps more with the foilage. I use the plant hoops around the double peonies to help support the stems. Another website recommended putting chicken wire over the plants as they emerge from the ground and as the stems and foliage grows, they lift the chicken wire around the stems and blooms to give them better support. I haven't tried this method, so I don't know how well it works, I may try it this year. The blooms of the double peonies are heavier, and I wish there truly was a method to make the stems stronger to support them.

SP, the first picture is the large pips of Lady Orchid on February 19, , the second is of tree peonies Hanakisoi, Shimadagin, and Renkaku that have been in pots since last spring, and remained outside all winter, Hanakisoi has the most leaves. The 3rd picture is of tree peony Koukaman that was planted in mid December in the garden, the 4th my noid with buds, and the 5th is Cheddar Surpise, all taken yesterday.

Birder, I also have 3 Sarah Bernhardts, and I need to show them your picture so that they know how to behave ;~). Your plants and blooms are gorgeous. What do you feed your plants?