Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2013 Marching into Spring while flying a kite!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2013  Marching into Spring while flying a kite!
shortleaf wrote:
Wow juhur, that's an offer that I can't refuse there! Oh, any seeds that you can spare would be great! I can send you several things in return, cuttings of Wondering Jew (regular purple and/or striped kind). I already am sending you some cuttings of striped Wondering Jew when it warms a little, prolly soon, it is hardy to around 20°. I can get cuttings of my Coleus 'Watermelon', Mezoo 'Livingstone Red', I just got those cuttings last year from pepper but I don't think I'm gonna have trouble with them multiplying rapidly, there should be more than enuff for me too, it's a neat variegated succulent plant, they even grow in the Winter which is a bit unique. Prickly-Pear cactus pads, Cholla cactus cuttings, Forsythia cuttings. My Bamboo P. bissetti only propagates from dividing that I know of or I could offer it too. Of course, SpiderPlant babies but you should be having a big one of those this year if your cat hasn't got it. I have green Pothos but it isn't very big yet. I'm expecting it to put on hopefully 3 feet this year, it might be big enuff to get cuttings off of this late Summer. My variegated Rubber Plant grows by cuttings but it doesn't have that much foliage back on it yet. I over-pruned it about 3 years ago and it still hasn't caught up. I have Mother-In-Law's-Tongue and SnakePlant that grow by cuttings. I can get Vinca-minor, it's growing like crazy in the backyard all over the ground and up a tree. I can get Virginia Creeper cuttings, it's all over the yard too. I can't find it yet, they don't have leaves. I'm sure there's more that's not coming to mind.
I'm not picky, I'll grow anything you have extra! Maybe you have Hollyhock seeds? The regular old maroon color is a beauty! They are easy to grow I've found out.
Stamps are no problem for me, I have lots of stamps. 2 cuttings per regular envelope has worked out pretty good for me.

Hi green, Chloe does like her dog! Rosa Glauca is a pretty Rose bush, I like the magenta color. Spring Valley Roses eh? Springhill nursery sent me a catalog in the mail today. I told my friend, "wow, they would like the rest of my money!"! It will be hard, but I'm not sending it! lol
Yes, that must be last Summer, this isn't green grass weather! lol
A thousand words eh?! Okay, here's another thousand! - It's Mezoo 'Livingstone Red'! Here is my cactus and some succulents waiting to go back out on display! -
Will