Orchids: March Orchids Warm Us Up, 3 by hawkarica

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hawkarica

In reply to: March Orchids Warm Us Up

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March Orchids Warm Us Up
hawkarica wrote:
Here I am, after the nice show and sale today. The first thing I saw was Melanie and her mom so I knew I was at the right place. There were only six or seven orchid vendors so it didn't take long to scout the place. I spotted Blc. Ports of Paradise 'Green Ching Hua' and thought that was the pick of the Catt litter :>) Next thing I know, Melanie had bought it. Nothing else grabbed my attention. I talked with Jim Krull and told him Laurel said hello. I then started to look at the orchid displays and two orchids spoke to me. The first was Rossioglossum Rawdon's Jester 'Suncoast Cicada Killer'. I'll show it here in the first two photos. The second was Lycaste Geyser Gold 'Capricorn Valcan'. I show it here in the third picture. I asked all of the vendors if they had these orchids and did find a non-blooming Ros. Rawdon's jester but there was no Lycaste for sale in the entire show. Needless to say, I bought the Rossioglossum. I told Melanie about it but I see she took a pass. I'm betting she will be sorry later.

Jim