Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: January-Covered in snow finally!!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January-Covered in snow finally!!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of January-Covered in snow finally!!!
shortleaf wrote:
Boy, did it ever warm up nicely today! It got up to mid 50's or thereabouts! I got a plastic pot at Lowes today for $4.97, actually it was $6.97 but she rang up the smaller one, I looked at it too, but I wanted a bigger one. Anyway, I repotted one of my little ferns into a lighter pot with a handle (plastic lip) so it can be carried by somebody that I'm quite sure will likely try to carry it with one hand. I got it for my friend to take to work, she wants a plant on her desk. I'm trying to make it as trouble-free as possible for her so it stays looking alright. If the self-watering part even works a little, maybe it'll only require her to water it once a week or so. I asked her to bring it home if it looks like it's languishing, turning brown or generally looking bad. I hope it does okay with getting only those fluorescent lights from above. It was only getting the fluorscent lights here but they were about 2 inches from it's top here.
I got it about half-dead at WalMart for 50 cents about a year ago and it is doing me good so far. I got a photo of it potted into the new pot, (dark green) and the old pot, (an old clay pot that was quite heavy). -
Here is that Bamboo, you can see a little of the kitty litter buckets poking thru. -
Oh, I left out a bucket, there is 9 in there! -
Here's what's left of the ice in the backyard, by the end of the week there may be none left! You can see the sunflower seeds, (mostly shells now) all over the pavement, I just gave 2 or 3 handfuls a toss. -
Will