Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansia Australia, 2 by mavrice

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mavrice

In reply to: Brugmansia Australia

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansia Australia
mavrice wrote:
Hi All. Pourning with rain, has been very very dry so rather pleased with the world. Of the plants from the pod in the series, there is about 10 that are almost miniature. I am showing them in this message . The most recent one to flower was included in the previous post.The first and second were photoed in November 2011 on their first flowering. The third pic shows themn side by side 26 November 2012. The fourth shows another three flowering for the first time 26 November 2012.

Have others had these variations from their sowings? Do you think there could be a market for these miniature ones?

Depending how thinkgs turn out eye wise, I have results from two other pods I could post as well.

Does anyone know if sangenea can self polinate. I had 15 pods where I had pollinated with almost every brug with flowers.. I sowed 20 seeds from each po and selected the three largest and three smallest plants and four others that appeared variant. Almost all grew and prospered and are identical in every way. I was concidering reversing the cross, so that the pod would be the variable. are there any other ideas.

Maurice