Bulbs: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays., 2 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.

Forum: Bulbs

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.
Lily_love wrote:
Whoa! Annette, love all those asortment of your cactus and Schlumbergera collection, as well as those cactus. I'm not familiar with the H. undatus, will have to look it up. There are quite a few more of the oxy with colorful blooms that are on my wish list. lol. Did your plumies bloom this year? Mine are getting much taller, in which I'll have to do something, such as grafting them down to a manageable size which will be a challenge next spring. I thought about doing that this spring, but didn't acomplished that task. Tsk, tsk.! Curcumas are exotic looking plant, aren't they? I do enjoy those tropical plants. Your FIR brug, is that a double blooming variety? I've a double white that I'm rooting in water now, hopefully I'll get it to bloom for me eventually one of these days.

Okay, here goes with the Epi hookerii; I noticed that hookerii blooms in the morning for me, where as the oxypetalum blooms during night fall, and will be done by daylight, thus called "Night blooming ceurus". Another difference b/w the 2 is that the oxy has an enchanting fragrant (to attract pollinators I surmised), whereas hookerii doesn't have any scent to its beautiful bloom.