Bulbs: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays., 4 by Cem9165

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cem9165

In reply to: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.
Cem9165 wrote:
I'm glad your P. Ziva is about to bloom, and the rest of bulbs also look very healthy. I finally put my P. Ziva bulbs with the Hyacinths on the stones this evening, after spending most of the day in the front yard putting in yellow and red pansies, with Bloomsday tulips underneath, and pink snapdragons behind for height.

I did take some pictures of the basement today, but for some reason I couldn't get them downloaded off of my phone, I wanted to show the epies, brugs, and plumies that are hanging out down there for the winter. I also found that the schlums are really budding up, and I have one open bloom. You are so fortunate that your DH prepped the basement for your with the lights, fans, and watering wand. My DH griped the entire time he and my DS were taking the plants into the basement for me this year, but he didn't want them in the garage like they were last year.

Here are the pics of Ziva and the mixed Hyacinths. I did 2 containers with Ziva and Hyacinths together, Ziva in 2 containers alone, and then 5 bulbs of the mixed Hyacinths are planted in dirt alone, and 6 Hyacinths on stones alone, I found it interesting that the bulb colors are different in the last picture.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2012 9:44 AM