Bulbs: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays., 3 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Forced Bulbs 4 Holidays.
Lily_love wrote:
Forcing bulbs for the Holidays brings such joy during the dormancy in the garden in our zone. And like you said they emit pleasant fragrant. Speaking of fragrant, I forgot to pick up some hycinths this season, they're almost sold out on most stores. I did picked up some crocuses to top off my Tulips this year. I'm looking forward to plant those outdoor bulbs. It's a bummer when we missed out on our flower.... hope your Hylocereus undatus will rebloom in the near future.

1) Paperwhite 'Ziva' first bud that's about to open

2) Epi. hookerii bud just turned upward, a sign that it nearing opening. Hah, I too have missed this bloom earlier in the season; only discovered it when it made a bright colorful fruit-- then to be stolen by some little critter in the garden! I was thankful that I was given the opportunity to witness the fruit though. It was a first time I've had the fruit. It was a delightful experience.

3) Other fragrant tender perennials that we get to enjoy when we move them indoor are brugs; this one is 'Eternity' brug I think.

Like you, my tender perennials are in the basement; DH has hung many florescent lights, two fans to help air circulation, a water wand and most everything are standing on plastic kiddy pool to prevent excess water pooling onto the floor. We also monitor humidity level to assure plants health. Indeed, I do gardening year round, if I may say.