Mid-South Gardening: Mid-South Gardners Member List II, 2 by virginiarose

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright virginiarose

In reply to: Mid-South Gardners Member List II

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Mid-South Gardners Member List II
virginiarose wrote:
I finally finished my perennial bed, I started it in the spring but have not had much time to work on it, plus the heat and humidity has been pretty bad this summer. I had put a lot of my sun tolerant Hostas out front (morning sun only) but they fried anyway. I just dug them up last week and planted Daylilies in their place. So now I am working on a new Hosta bed. Might not be able to finish that till next spring. But I have them in a nice place under the trees. Ahhhh the life!
The only thing that has gotten cut back is the Black Eyed Susan's (goldstrum) last year it was a nice clump from a single plant the year before but this spring I noticed about twenty shoots all around the clump and by the end of the summer it had taken over the whole bed. So I cut it back and dug it up, only keep a small clump and planted it in a very dry part of the yard so it wont be quite so happy.
The next thing that will get cut back is my Cup Plant, it got bent over because of a storm and I did not know they were so delicate.
My Hibiscus are still blooming, so is my rose of Sharon 'Diana', plus I have buds all over my fall blooming Camilla, I still have blooms on my Knock-out Roses, Morning Glory Tree, Miscanthus, and Crape Myrtle.

susan