Wildlife: Wildlife: Squirrel Pics Vol. 17, 3 by TexasPuddyPrint

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TexasPuddyPrint

In reply to: Wildlife: Squirrel Pics Vol. 17

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Wildlife:  Squirrel Pics Vol. 17
TexasPuddyPrint wrote:
Yep those hummies are territorial. I've put out four feeders in the hopes they will quit fighting. The only times I've seen them get along is when there are gobs of them...seems they are too busy trying to feed than fight.

Finally got pics of the squirrel and rabbit - but had to photograph the rabbit from inside the house - and no, my patio glass doors aren't clean!!! LOL!!! Had to manipulate the photo exposure :o)

Here's the squirrel eating from the bird feeder (yeah, I screwed on two old satellite dishes onto a landscape timber stand to make it - if anyone remembers me from years ago - that same landscape timber stand used to hold 51 hummingbird flower ball stakes). Another photo from one of the hanging bird feeder trays. Really going to town on the sunflower seeds! I think it is a young female (and I say that because I haven't seen any nuts! LOL!!!

I just had to sneak in the bunny photos - this is from this morning...it was grooming itself and it heard the zoom lens tap against the patio glass and turned towards the sound...yep, I got busted! It still stuck around and even ate part of a banana I'd tossed out. I'd also put out some rabbit food - the kind with seeds corn, nuts and pellets - and also a fresh carrot - but it went for the banana instead. Go figure!