Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
shortleaf wrote:
Everybody disappeared again! Well, we got some rain, not much, but I think better than nothing. My plants are always up for some ine free rains. According to the 7 day forecast from the reputable channnel 41 here in Kansas City, unfortunately, the temps are going back up! - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast That usually changes some but that is HOT again! Come January, I'll be like, "wasn't it just 100?!".

I got my Spider Plant in a much bigger hanging basket, (it's up close), Spider Plants grow fast and it starts not looking right if the planter is too small. - That's my Asparagas Fern hanging back there, it's about 4 feet long. Like my big Christmas bells hanging over there. I don't think they look right, but I don't care, I like a jingle bell! lol There's a couple of my Hostas way back there, not doing to well, they kinda got toasted with the heat we had recently and all indications are we're going to have more! But, I brought them in the full shade and I'll water them good with some other plants that are there.

Little bees like some Purple Blazing Star! I took about 20 photos and oddly enuff this was the best one, well, the only one with a bee in it! That's the bee hovering to the left of the flower. -

This Blackberry start is hanging in there I think, I'm still waiting to see some genuine new growth. I believe that it's alive, maybe it's in a stage of trying to generate roots. -

I'm gonna go ahead and make some starts of stuff and start something of some free plants like a free pile, maybe even have plants for a Fall RU if we have one. I'd like to make some Blackberry starts for people if they take. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff to make. Here is 3 Rose Of Sharon cutting/starts. -
Will