Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2012-Plants shriveling up already

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July 2012-Plants shriveling up already
shortleaf wrote:
Yeow Sally, very hot there too!

Sorry to hear about the dog, losing a pet can be a bummer for awhile.

I finally got up the bravado to repot the Prickly-Pear. I remember I made this one in the Hawaiian Punch jug bottom at the same time I did several others for the Fall RU 08'.
It really needed to be repotted a long time ago but I've been putting it off. I finally did it, it's in a metal bucket over by the Liatris planter.

I bought a Carpet Sedum at Home Depot today, I hope it's suitable for a concrete succulent planter because that's where it's at! -

Here's my big old Liatris planter today. Thanks Sally, I have been looking for the white Liatris, I think I saw it at Walmart. Thanks for the compliment on my big rectangular planter box too. If someone ever makes one like that, I suggest you have a use for it right away. Believe me, it's not something you want to kick around for long! -

Here is my red shed, it didn't turn out too bad I guess, it could be worse, now I need to paint some white trim. -

I keep the birdbaths full here too, the birds just love it now.

One more day, they are forecasting 107° tomorrow! Then a bit of a reprieve for a few days they say.
Will

This message was edited Jul 6, 2012 8:42 PM